Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hype a prospect!

I figured this is kinda fun... I like to do this to a few players every year and since these posts always get burried year after year, I thought this would be a nice way to find it again in the future when we look back and laugh. :D

So go ahead... Hype someone up! Post pics, videos, stats, personal analysis/opinions... the WORKS! :p
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good idea, I'll start with the one guy I've been a fan of for some time(as well as Thule):

Derek Pegues, FS, Miss. St. 5'10 200lbs

• Excellent range in the secondary, Sylvester Croom touted him as being easily the most talented player on their entire team.

• Good instincts and field awareness, ball hawk and always around the ball, you won't find a safety who tracks the ball better in the air.

• Has experience playing Corner back and he did it well, versatile guys in the secondary are valuable, that would give us two safeties who can play both spots and another safety who can play corner, lots of options with how we want to line guys up.

• Was named All-SEC at two different positions, you have to dig deep to find guys who have been All-SEC at two different positions, 2nd team as a CB, 1st team twice as a FS, probably just scratching his potential as a FS.

• Was the #4 corner in the nation out of HS, also the last guy to make All-SEC team 3 years in a row was 7 years ago, SEVEN!

• Special Teams? Check. He holds the school record for KO returns and averaged 23.1 per return, in retrospect Felix was 2nd in the nation averaging 31 coming out, 4th all-time in PR yardage.

Look at the reaction time when the ball is in the air:

Again, his ball awareness is so impressive, fav quote "A guy who just makes plays, in so many different ways:

Punt Return TD, he's just deadly with the ball in his hands:

Followed the season up with a strong showing in the Senior Bowl:

Quote:
* Mississippi State defensive back Derek Pegues… have liked his play style, getting aggressive with receivers and showing the ability to stick with nearly all of them during 1-on-1 drills. Fluid hips and likes to come up and get involved versus the run. Certain teams view him at cornerback and others free safety. Can also provide a dangerous return man to the team that selects him.
http://seahawknationblog.com/2009/01...-report-day-2/

Quote:
S Derek Pegues
- Pegues is a player that will save any team a roster spot. He played pretty well in coverage in center field and roamed from sideline to sideline from his safety position. He also returned kicks showed a decent burst. He can play corner but didn’t get any reps at the position in the game.
http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?p=563931

Quote:
Mississippi State FS Derek Pegues showcased good burst and closing speed at corner. Pegues was the nation’s top cornerback prospect coming out of high school and demonstrated he still has the ability to line up over the slot at the next level. He was a bit rusty with his footwork, but his ability to click and close on balls was tops among the South’s defensive backs.
http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/of...-thread-34458/

Quote:
Derek Pegues, S, Mississippi State. He helped himself a lot by measuring in more than 5-9 and looked excellent in practice. He is muscular, ripped up and well built.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=509069

Quote:
10. Derek Pegues, DB/Mississippi St: Versatility is the key, looks like a CB and can play S. Gets to top speed very fast. Played aggressive today and made some good tackles.
http://maxnfldraft.blogspot.com/2009...me-report.html

This guy is a 3rd-4th round talent and gives us the option to go in another direction in the 2nd(LT is what I have been feeling for a minute)...He's a different safety then Sensabaugh but this rules out Scandrick moving all together, the guy is simply a ball hawk that makes plays when the ball is in the air, when is the last time we had that at safety?

William Moore is too close to RW, he made some great tackles but looked sluggish in his breaks and keeping up with WR's, I don't want another in the box guy who can't cover either, Pegues is a guy who will be a pure centerfielder, but really could capitalize off of the pressure we create, and it would be nice to have a FS that actually knows how to force turnovers.

I see Ed Reed in him, always have, we may very well pass him up and there are other guys I love(Sean Smith, Rashad Johnson), but nobody at safety has impressed me as much as this guy has all year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 03-12-2009 at 12:24 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pegues could end up being a steal, he is a flat out playmaker. He really didn't have too much talent around him at State but he was an impact player on defense and special teams, he beat us on a PR TD in the 2007 Egg Bowl. He isn't great against the run but he is a ballhawk and a playmaker for sure, he's a football player.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reserved for Jason Williams

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's a nice writeup. You've got me sold. Anyone wanna give the opposite side of the story?

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-12-2009 at 01:23 PM.
JJJ888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:15 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I'm sold after watching these highlights.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-12-2009 at 01:23 PM.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eric Wood

ERIC WOOD C/G Louisville
Height: 6307 Weight: 310 lbs.

Even though his combine numbers looked good:

225: 30 Reps
10 yd: 1.68
Vertical: 30.5

It was his performance in the Senior Bowl against B.J. Raji that sold me on this guy. I will keep trying and find the video on it, but for the entire first half of the game, B.J. was dominated by Wood on numerous occations.

His versitilty to play Center, Guard and even Right Tackle in a pinch makes me really like his value on our Roster.

For 2008 Alone
-All-American third-team choice by The NFL Draft Report
-All-Big East Conference first-team selection
-Finalist for the Rimington Trophy
-Started all twelve games at center, recording 78 knockdowns, sixteen touchdown-resulting blocks and four down-field blocks to receive a blocking consistency grade of 87.08 percent
-Was penalized three times
-Did not allow any sacks or pressures on 391 pass plays

Started 49 straight games in college, earning All-Conference Awards 3 years.

I am still trying to figure out how I can get some Senior Bowl clips on here where he is pushing Raji 5-6 yards off of the line!

Last edited by UTPATS : 03-12-2009 at 08:20 PM.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK. So far, I want both of these kids! :)

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't quote the whole original post guys... this thread would get ugly. Just partial is fine.

Also, I'm deleting posts if they are hyping up a guy with "the works" like LL just did.

This is "Hype a Prospect!"...

UPSTATS, you need to add more on Wood. We have a draft thread for what you did.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Also, I'm deleting posts if they are hyping up a guy with "the works" like LL just did.
So are you saying you don't want lengthy post about prospects, or you just mean don't quote lengthy post?

Quote:
Old 03-12-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't up on college this year like I used to be, but I have a guy I can hype personally. Mr. Mike "Keyon" Thomas from Arizona. I went to high school with the guy. He was a sophomore my senior year, and he's always been a playmaker. Back then he played CB/WR, and he was our best return man out of a bunch of good return men. Watching him in college he has great speed and quickness. He is also the Pac 10 all time career receptions leader. His only knock is height, but I think in the 4th round he could be a nice Sproles type find. Let him handle return duty, and have him occasionally play in the slot to cause match-up problems. Imagine a guy with speed like that in the slot along side Austin. He doesn't have to curtail Austin and Hurd's development either. He can simply play 5th WR while handling return duties. By the time Crayton is gone he could be developed into a nice 3rd option wideout by then.
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
So are you saying you don't want lengthy post about prospects, or you just mean don't quote lengthy post?
No yours was awesome! Better than I expected. I was talking about the responses when people quoted your post. When people quote posts about hyped prospects, I just wanted them to edit the original so it's not so long. Makes the conversation cleaner.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I wasn't up on college this year like I used to be, but I have a guy I can hype personally. Mr. Mike "Keyon" Thomas from Arizona. I went to high school with the guy. He was a sophomore my senior year, and he's always been a playmaker. Back then he played CB/WR, and he was our best return man out of a bunch of good return men. Watching him in college he has great speed and quickness. He is also the Pac 10 all time career receptions leader. His only knock is height, but I think in the 4th round he could be a nice Sproles type find. Let him handle return duty, and have him occasionally play in the slot to cause match-up problems. Imagine a guy with speed like that in the slot along side Austin. He doesn't have to curtail Austin and Hurd's development either. He can simply play 5th WR while handling return duties. By the time Crayton is gone he could be developed into a nice 3rd option wideout by then.
He is my favorite WR if he is available with our second fourth...but I just don't see it....he is going to be a good nfl player....he will be one of the best WRs from this draft imo...not a #1 guy....but a good #2.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-13-2009, 04:14 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

"Brandon Tate could probably play for every team I've coached for the last 34 years. He is a great kid. You love the way he approaches it. There's a lot of guys who don't like to return kicks and punts. He is electrifying. He makes guys miss. You need guys like that that can change field position and change the complexion of the game." -- coach Butch Davis, on Tate's performance.

Allow me to introduce the beast known as #87 Brandon Tate, 6'1", 195 North Carolina University extroirdinaire.

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m...brandon00.html

Scott Wright's Blog in September wrote:

• If someone had asked me a couple of months ago which North Carolina wide receiver was the best pro prospect the answer would have been Brooks Foster. In fact, it would have been a no-brainer. However, I guess that is why they play the games... Not to take anything away from Foster, who is still a good player and a solid prospect in his own right, but it's his teammate Brandon Tate that really has scouts around the league buzzing.

With a grand total of 30 career receptions to his name coming into the '08 season Tate was considered by most to be, at best, a marginal late round prospect who would have to carve out a niche as a return specialist to make it at the next level. Well, Tate is still an excellent return man, averaging 31.1 yards on kicks and 28.2 yards on punts this year, but he has also emerged as a legitimate receiving threat and playmaker on offense with 11 catches for 297 yards (27.0 avg.) and 3 touchdowns in the Tar Heels first three games. For good measure Tate has also carried the ball 7 times for 141 yards (20.1 avg.) and a score.

That's what you call a jack-of-all-trades!

At 6-1 and 195 lbs. Tate definitely has the size you look for and even though his timed speed (4.5) is relatively average he plays faster once the pads are on and is very elusive. As a result of his sudden outburst scouts are becoming increasingly enamored with Tate and he has begun to see his draft stock soar. In fact, some are already stamping third and fourth round grades on Tate and if he manages to keep up this pace who knows how high he could eventually climb. Might he be a poor-man's Devin Thomas?

Every year we see prospects seemingly come out of nowhere and Tate appears to be one of those guys. In recent years it seems as though the NFL has placed more of an emphasis on versatility and game changing return men, which bodes well for Tate because he earns very high marks in both categories.

First play.. kickoff return for long gain where he jukes, maintains full speed while doing a fricken pirouette and running down the field.

Second play.. Stretches his body out for the catch... Does it again at the 45 second mark on a deep play down the middle.

Check out how many deep passes he catches throughout.

1:40 mark... Tell me this is not vintage TO. Takes the pass on a short slant, breaks the tackle like TO, and runs down the sideline with no shoe. Even the body coordination, movement is very TO like.

2:29 mark... Check out those shifty jukes and then burst to the left down the sideline... Looks like Chris Johnson speed putting defenders in slow motion.

3 min mark... fights for the ball in the air. Grabs it over the face of the defender...

3:30 mark... A very TO like reverse play for TD.

Led the ACC in kick returns in 2007. Has the explosiveness of Felix Jones at the WR position. Just like Felix, his 40 time won't wow you, but his field speed definitely will.

In case you still don't believe...

13 sec mark... Straight line speed... Class over... any questions?

32 sec mark... How many times have we seen Stanback fall down on the first hit??? Tate makes me forget those bad memories.

52 sec mark... Sweet Holy Jesus.... No that's no fast forwarded. Punt returning at it's finest.

1:15 sec mark... A hand off... Now you're just f'n kidding me... No, I'm not. :D

1:38.. Se........par............a............tion........ ..............!

Rest of video... Enjoy... Should we just give it to him on every down? :)

Big news as Tate is lost for the season... Teammates and coaches express his importance.

Mel Kiper on Brandon Tate... Week 6 Breakout star. 1:10 mark.

Listen to some music while you check out some news, notes and the picture gallery. :p

Analysis from *************.

Positives: Long, lean build. Good quickness, size and hand strength to get off the line of scrimmage against press coverage. Emerging route-runner with the quick feet and balance to ultimately be quite good in this area. More quick than fast, though he has good acceleration. Elusive in the open field and has the vision to set up his blocks and break into the open field. Soft hands. Good body control and flexibility to contort his body for the poorly thrown pass. Can extend to make the diving grab. Good height and long arms and uses the combination well to high-point passes over smaller cornerbacks. Excellent returner with NFL ability for punt and kickoff returns.

Negatives: Torn ACL and MCL in October means he may not be able to answer questions about his straight-line speed until after the draft. Primarily a return specialist until flashing as a receiver as a senior. A bit raw as a route-runner. Relies on his athletic ability in this area, rather than precise footwork.

• NCAA career leader in combined kick returns yards (kickoffs & punts) with 3,523 yards

• ACC career leader in kickoff returns (109) and kickoff return yardage (2,688)

• One of only nine players in NCAA history to return a kickoff and a punt for a touchdown in the same game (Duke, 2006)

• Holds the UNC single-season and career records for most kick returns for touchdowns.

09/01/08 - North Carolina 35, McNeese State 27 -- Senior Brandon Tate had a record-setting night with 397 all-purpose yards, including touchdown runs of 82 yards on a punt return and a 57-yard pass reception, to lead the Tar Heels.

09/15/08 - GAME BALL GOES TO: Brandon Tate -- After piling up 397 all-purpose yards in the opener (rushing, receiving and kickoff and punt returns), Tate was back in form against Rutgers. He scored on a 69-yard pass play among his four catches (138 total yards receiving) and a 12-yard run, plus had 58 yards on two kickoff returns and one punt return of four yards.

09/19/08 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: WR Brandon Tate was mostly a return specialist in his previous season, but he is making a big contribution from the line of scrimmage in this campaign. He actually is Carolina's leading rusher with 125 yards on five carries and has eight catches for 231 yards.

09/24/08 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: WR Brandon Tate is one of the most electrifying players in the country. He not only can break off a big play in the passing game but also is a threat in the return game. He leads the ACC in receiving yards per game (99.0) and punt-return yardage (28.2 on five returns) and is second in kickoff-return yardage (31.1 average per return).

09/27/08 - North Carolina senior Brandon Tate has broken the NCAA record for combined kick return yardage. Tate came into the Tar Heels game Saturday against Miami 36 yards shy of the 3,455 yards Deltha O'Neal had for California from 1996-99. Tate broke the mark by the end of the first quarter after returning kickoffs 19 and 29 yards. Tate is closing in on several other NCAA return milestones. He came into Saturday's game 391 yards shy of the kickoff return record owned by Tulane's Jeff Liggon. The wide receiver also is closing in on becoming the 11th player in history with more than 1,000 career return yards on both kickoffs and punts. - AP Sports

09/29/08 - WR Brandon Tate continues to contribute in many ways for North Carolina. He not only had three catches for 62 yards vs. Miami, including a 37-yarder on a third-and-10 situation in Carolina's second touchdown drive, he also completed a 12-yard pass in the Tar Heels' first scoring drive after giving the Heels good field position with a 29-yard kickoff return. His 67 yards on three kickoff returns gave him an NCAA-record 3,549 yards for his career in kickoff and punt returns.

10/03/08 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: WR Brandon Tate can win a game with his receiving (14 catches, three for touchdowns), running (nine carries, 142 yards, one touchdown), punt returns (28.2-yard average, 82-yarder for a touchdown) or kickoff returns (28.5-yard average, long of 56).

10/16/08 - QUOTE TO NOTE: "The good news is that he will be back, and he will recover from this. I shared with him that two of the best receivers that I ever had the opportunity to be around as a coach both had equally significantly damaging injuries." -- coach Butch Davis, on the injury to WR Brandon Tate, referring to his experiences with former Miami stars Michael Irvin and Reggie Wayne.

I want this guy so bad, my bones hurt.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-13-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Damn I didn't know he was that good of a return man, 31 per kickoff return is awesome, he's got some great explosiveness and I don't think they would let someone like him last until the 5th round.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Tate is the man he is not a Devin Thomas
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Explosive - check
Zone Recognition - check
ball skills - check
swaggar - check
special teams help - check

5 things I look for in a WR...I'll be happy with the selection.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-13-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice post on Brandon Tate D! I saw him play a few times at UNC and liked him. He could be another one of those guys that ends up being a steal.
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
1:40 mark... Tell me this is not vintage TO. Takes the pass on a short slant, breaks the tackle like TO, and runs down the sideline with no shoe. Even the body coordination, movement is very TO like.

Lol this was pretty sick though, he shook Kenny Phillips in a stand still position with one shoe on and blew right past him and Phillips is a great athlete...That's very impressive to see that type of explosion, so the Tar Heels were rocking Tate and Nicks at WR? No wonder they were good for a change.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I was not that familiar with this kid. I think we need to think about PR while filling our needs; this kid would be a good fit. And having him back there with Felix on KR would be solid. I like him a lot.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm sitting here all excited and crap about hyping up Tate...

Then I read this???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

"Jerry Jones says drafting wide receiver not Cowboys' priority"

Now I'm just trying to find the good in this....

1. We won't be drafting a WR early at least... and Tate is a 4th-5th round prospect. So that's good.

and 2. "The good news with our team right now is we can go about any direction we want to in the draft and pick the best player."

That means if the BPA is a WR, it might be Tate! :D
Old 03-13-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Damn I didn't know he was that good of a return man, 31 per kickoff return is awesome, he's got some great explosiveness and I don't think they would let someone like him last until the 5th round.
Yeah PR would be absolutely solved. He's such a weapon in the offense. He can be used on reverses, hand offs, and he's a knock out deep threat artist. Garrett could get really creative with a guy like this. We've been telling each other that we need a guy who can stretch the field since Terry Glenn left town. The Zampese offense calls for a guy like this. We had one in Alvin Harper in the 90's... but Tate has the potential to be even better. If not for that ACL injury... we'd be talking about a first rounder. We tend to hit our 4th round picks when we grab guys who fall for one reason or the other... I'm hoping Tate is our pick with one of our 2 4ths.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Wow. I was not that familiar with this kid. I think we need to think about PR while filling our needs; this kid would be a good fit. And having him back there with Felix on KR would be solid. I like him a lot.
He can be a very good reciever too, isn't just a PR, he can be coached up and be a very good wideout but will also have to improve his route running while it is still very raw
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
"Jerry Jones says drafting wide receiver not Cowboys' priority"

Now I'm just trying to find the good in this....

1. We won't be drafting a WR early at least... and Tate is a 4th-5th round prospect. So that's good.

and 2. "The good news with our team right now is we can go about any direction we want to in the draft and pick the best player."

That means if the BPA is a WR, it might be Tate! :D
That reads like Jerry doesnt know how to put up a smokescreen. haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Ok, my turn.

Chris Pizzotti, QB, Harvard

Pizzotti may have played in Division 1-AA (FCS), but he was a man among boys in the Ivy League. Pizzotti's competition may have been sub-par, but so were his teammates, at least by NFL standards. He has the smarts, accuracy, and decision-making skills to be a quality NFL quarterback, although he may never get a chance to be a full-time starter. To me, he has Ryan Fitzpatrick/Jason Garrett written all over him.

Strengths: Accuracy is very good...Decision-making is excellent as he threw just 4 interceptions to 17 touchdowns as a Senior...Excellent height at 6' 5"...Decent mobility and ability to pick up yardage on the ground (ran 4.83 40 yard time despite having food poisoning a week before)...Can throw on the run...Shows nice touch lofting the ball into holes in zone...Has that essential "moxie" trait quarterbacks need...Team leader and captain with excellent intangibles

Weaknesses: Arm strength is questionable, as I saw him underthrow a couple of deep balls...Level of competition will have to be questioned...Not great when facing pressure...

In the end, I can't see Pizzotti being much more than a late-round pick because of his low ceiling, but I still think he can be an effective career backup in the NFL, much in the mold of Jason Garrett. I could see Pizzotti coming in and very capably being able to manage a game, as well as be an effective teammate and study partner while on the sidelines and in the film room. I'm not sure that he's as good a prospect as Ryan Fitzpatrick was 4 years ago, but he should make an NFL roster somewhere, although I'm not sure that Dallas is the spot.

Here's the video of Harvard's game against Lehigh University...particularly note the TD throw at the 1 minute mark, beating double coverage:

http://www.gocrimson.com/newMediaPla...DB_OEM_ID=9000

Harvard also has an interesting prospect in Desmond Bryant, a height-weight-speed guy (6' 6", 288, with a 4.92 time in the 40; he also threw up 35 BP reps) who could play as a 3-4 DE...led Harvard with 8 QB hurries in 2008...another guy to consider as a late-round pick/ UDFA.