Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-22-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Get a free education from MIT

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Global/all-courses.htm

This is killer, MIT has all of their course materials and lectures for free online, the only thing is that you don't get a degree obviously. For somebody who doesn't have $50,000 for a year of school and just wants the knowledge this is freakin great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This just further proves my opinion that when you send in your tuition check, you aren't paying for an education, you are putting a down payment on a piece of paper.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
This just further proves my opinion that when you send in your tuition check, you aren't paying for an education, you are putting a down payment on a piece of paper.
Exactly, but that piece of paper is a requirement at many jobs and would likely be the deciding factor for an employer with one job opening looking at a person with it and without it.

Quote:
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is actually really cool. As an Econ major here I can look at different slides to gain new perspectives or find more practice problems. Props to whoever found this.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Get a free education from MIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi

This is killer, MIT has all of their course materials and lectures for free online, the only thing is that you don't get a degree obviously. For somebody who doesn't have $50,000 for a year of school and just wants the knowledge this is freakin great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF
This is actually really cool. As an Econ major here I can look at different slides to gain new perspectives or find more practice problems. Props to whoever found this.
no kidding this is frakin cool. as an Engineer and studying for my PE thanks!!!! this is really helpful

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Default Re: Get a free education from MIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF
no kidding this is frakin cool. as an Engineer and studying for my PE thanks!!!! this is really helpful
No problem guys, it's definitely an amazing resource. They were talking about it on NPR last night, that's how I found out.

I'd like to give a shout out to all my peeps over at NPR and PBS, I couldn't have done it without you. :)

Quote:
Old 02-22-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i'm far too lazy to pull them up, but there are several colleges that do the same thing, with varying degrees of material (i believe MIT's is the most compelte). one of the big Cal university's has all their material up, and there are at least a couple of law schools that do. Computer Power User (yes, I'm that big a geek) ran the story last month.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

I thought this was spam, until I saw the poster. Then I was sure it was spam.

Anyways, MIT is for hippies.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i'm far too lazy to pull them up, but there are several colleges that do the same thing, with varying degrees of material (i believe MIT's is the most compelte). one of the big Cal university's has all their material up, and there are at least a couple of law schools that do. Computer Power User (yes, I'm that big a geek) ran the story last month.
Berklee has videos of their lectures online

Quote:
Old 02-22-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
that's the one. except Berkeley. =P
Old 02-22-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
that's the one. except Berkeley. =P
njx making a face that doesn't have rolling eyes? :shock:
Old 02-22-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you get any sort of recognition? That would help you get into a very good school or say get a part scholarship
Old 02-22-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
Do you get any sort of recognition? That would help you get into a very good school or say get a part scholarship
I doubt it, because it can't be proven and I don't think colleges would look for that info.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
snuff

You can do this at any college almost... Classes are so big you can just walk right in.. Its not like the take attendance.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
You can do this at any college almost... Classes are so big you can just walk right in.. Its not like the take attendance.
Thing is, I don't plan on flying up to Massachusetts any time soon..

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this was spam at first too. This is really cool though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris
even canadians can get the vague equivalent of a college education now...
Old 02-22-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
I'm taking 16 hours, and only one class doesn't take attendance. You could get away with that in lower level courses held in auditoriums, but not actually interesting courses.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea... this would probably help me a lot being that I'm a mechanical engineering major... however... i'm way too lazy to look at this material when i barely take the time to look over my own class material...

o yea, and **** those punk ass bitches from MIT.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"you spend $50,000 a year on an education when you could do the same thing with $1.50 in late fees at the library."

what movie?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Who wants a college education anyway?

And Ward, for second year Criminology, there's still over 100 people in my class. We have random people come in all the time. It just depends on the University you go to.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Quote:

And Ward, for second year Criminology, there's still over 100 people in my class. We have random people come in all the time. It just depends on the University you go to.
Loser's mentality.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Quote:

Loser's mentality.
I was making a joke that most University students make about college, in order to justify why they are better. I was also being completely sarcastic, and I don't know how the hell you could have thought that I have anything against post-secondary education when I stated I'm in University.

But thanks for being horribly slow on the uptake, and forcing me to waste 2 minutes of my life posting this. I have a feeling you were left behind a lot as a child.