Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-01-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Captain Fear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Cadillac's Future

Since Cadillac was Gruden's boy, what's his future under the new regime?
Captain Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he'll be good in the committee system it seems we're gonna have, with graham, cadillac, and ward/bush (whoever else we get through trade or FA)

he looked mighty fine during the last game last year

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ditto.

It'll be Graham as the #1, Caddy as #2 until he can be fully evaluated and Clifton Smith/FA/Draftee as the #3.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was watching the game when he got hurt last year. He looked in pain. You could hear him saying "f*** not again!!!" I hope he can return and still play for you guys

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm kinda hoping we stick with Graham and Cadillac as our main 1-2 punch. No need to sign a big-name RB, trade a high pick or draft Moreno or McCoy or something.

Smith could free up a roster spot as our #3 RB/KR, but I assume we'll add another back just for the heck of it. This offseason hasn't made much sense so my ears are open.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Yeah I'm kinda hoping we stick with Graham and Cadillac as our main 1-2 punch. No need to sign a big-name RB, trade a high pick or draft Moreno or McCoy or something.

Smith could free up a roster spot as our #3 RB/KR, but I assume we'll add another back just for the heck of it. This offseason hasn't made much sense so my ears are open.
True.

I could see us using a 4-5 round pick on a guy who drops, but other than that I would rather we didn't make a huge splash at the position. If we draft Wells or Moreno I will be super pissed.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wondering why people and some sites had Tampa needing a rb, before the Dunn cut.

They have Graham and Caddy add in a 3rd string rb from where ever, but thats not a big need.

If Caddy is let go, I am sure there are plenty of teams that would still take him.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

With the Ward signing, I think we're well set at RB. Graham/Caddy plus Ward as a 3rd down back and very solid insurance. With Caddy and Graham both coming off injuries, Clifton S. could play a reasonable role periodically throughout the season. Since our top two guys went down last season, I could easily see us drafting a RB in the 4th/5th.

However, I don't think the new front staff will not have near the patience Gruden/Allen had. Fair enough though, 3 strikes and your cut. But does the front office even have that much patience. I could see the new GM try offering him around the league. Maybe showcase him early then deal him before the deadline. Hope not though, or else its another jersey obsolete.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cadillac Williams will get cut by March of 2010.

He had a promising career coming out of Auburn, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. And this is the prime of a RB's career in the NFL, in their mid-twenties.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know one thing I noticed about college back coming out of dual rb systems, if they take on the load in the NFL they are more likely to get injured. If they carried the load in college, then they are not as injury prone.

Look at Caddy and Brown, both came out of Auburn splitting carries, and then they entered the NFL as the primer back, and did good untill injury bug hit from taking to many hits. Now they both are in a dual rb system again, so now I think they'll be fine.

Caddy will get traded before he gets cut, they don't really need him but if he is there than so be it. And they don't need to cut him because of salary cap issues.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Caddy will get traded before he gets cut, they don't really need him but if he is there than so be it. And they don't need to cut him because of salary cap issues.

Injured or old RB's generally don't have value in the NFL..... especially when you have teams plucking starters out of the mid-rounds of most recent drafts.

Brian Westbrook, Marion Barber, Steve Slaton, Matt Forte, Kevin Smith, Michael Turner, Brandon Jacobs, Frank Gore... and even undrafted guys like Willie Parker, Ryan Grant and Pierre Thomas.

You might get a deflated football for Cadillac in a trade.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

If Caddy can get healthy then I think he has a lot to offer this team.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll be fine this year. Last year's injury was a complete fluke.

But if he's the 3rd best back on the team - he'll always be at risk for getting cut/traded.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
If Caddy can get healthy then I think he has a lot to offer this team.
If Caddy can STAY healthy then I think he has a lot to offer this team.