Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-13-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
cliffo21
Rookie

cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.
Default Smith n smith

Hey I'm doinn a mock n I have Jason smith going number one if Andre happened to fall to 20 wuld u want him cuz I personally think tat wuld make a sick o line imagine jsmith and backus on the left and asmith n cherilus on the right wit amith playing rg IMO I think wit tat o line ksmith wuld b able to run freely then u can c wat u got w Stanton just a thought ne comments
cliffo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
ESimsfan87
Rookie

ESimsfan87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffo21 View Post
Hey I'm doinn a mock n I have Jason smith going number one if Andre happened to fall to 20 wuld u want him cuz I personally think tat wuld make a sick o line imagine jsmith and backus on the left and asmith n cherilus on the right wit amith playing rg IMO I think wit tat o line ksmith wuld b able to run freely then u can c wat u got w Stanton just a thought ne comments
Please don't type like this again man, its irratating to read and only makes you come across as incoherent.

Personally, I'm not a fan of this at all. One of the first picks must be defense.
ESimsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
JamminJonny
Rookie

JamminJonny hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If the franchise wasn't coming off an 0-16 season and sporting a sub-NFL roster, then using two first rounders in the same draft to infuse a tremendous amount of talent into the o-line would be something worth considering. But as it stands, the team just has too many holes to indulge itself in such a luxury.

Detroit needs two starters at LB, a new quarterback, upgrades all over the offensive and defensive lines, depth at WR, and depending on what they do with Anthony Henry, another starter in the secondary (most likely a CB). The way things have panned out in free agency, I can't imagine a scenario where the Lions don't take a LB in the first round.
JamminJonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffo21 View Post
This is not a text site for one. For two, the idea's ridiculous imo
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamminJonny View Post
If the franchise wasn't coming off an 0-16 season and sporting a sub-NFL roster, then using two first rounders in the same draft to infuse a tremendous amount of talent into the o-line would be something worth considering. But as it stands, the team just has too many holes to indulge itself in such a luxury.

Detroit needs two starters at LB, a new quarterback, upgrades all over the offensive and defensive lines, depth at WR, and depending on what they do with Anthony Henry, another starter in the secondary (most likely a CB). The way things have panned out in free agency, I can't imagine a scenario where the Lions don't take a LB in the first round.
BPA corner at 20 over a LB is possible.

Talks of trading Redding for Peterson. Then we might go with a Peria Jerry at 20.

I think Oline is dealt with next year except for maybe a guard in Round 3 this year to play Left Guard hopefully.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote