Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-13-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Need Immediate Help!

I know this should go in the homework thread but this is due in an hour.
Business Majors!

To fuel growth without the expense of direct investment, should a company license its billion dollar brands in countries where they are not currently available? Support your answer.

This seems too easy to be a simple yes...
What are some reasons I should put down?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much does licensing cost in other countries and the over all cost of that project compared to harvesting/developing the brands in countries where they already have licensing?

Thats what I first thought of with this thread.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

depends on if the country will actually purchase your product.............
Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I know this should go in the homework thread but this is due in an hour.
Business Majors!

To fuel growth without the expense of direct investment, should a company license its billion dollar brands in countries where they are not currently available? Support your answer.

This seems too easy to be a simple yes...
What are some reasons I should put down?
You can argue either side. Probably easier to say yes.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In an hour....i don't think i made the deadline.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

One would think brand expansion would always be a great way to fuel growth, but how much growth will your brand see if you license to underdeveloped/3rd world countries? I'd expect there to be little growth if that was the case, especially if your product would be considered anything but a necessity in those countries.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, it really depends on what country. Depends on what the culture is like, what political factors would effect it, etc. There is no way to just say yes or no. It depends entirely on what the product is and where you want to introduce it.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
Didn't everyone post after the 1 hour you said you had?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Didn't everyone post after the 1 hour you said you had?
Yes but it doesnt discount their willingness to help and I thank them for that

Old 03-14-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was your grade BTW?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
What was your grade BTW?
Low B. I earned a better grade than I deserved, though.