Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-08-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who gets cut?

Right now I think the following player should/will get cut soon

OT Kwame Harris( Getting paid way to much and isnt that good)
WR Ronald Curry( He has played decent but we are paying him to much to be a 3rd WR)
DT Terdell Sands(Had one good season and we payed him. Its gone down hill from there)
FS Michael Huff( Reports are saying he will be. I say give him one more year but thats not my decision)

We need restructure some contracts too. Players like Javon Walker, Robert Gallery and Gerald Warren are getting paid way to much.

If we can cut/restructure all these players we will have a good amount of money to spend. I hope we atleast send offers at Jordan Gross, TJ Whosyourmamma and Juluis Peppers.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

cut list

javon walker
kwame harris
ronald curry
michael huff
terdell sands

trade
justin fargas (3-5 rounder) we need focus on the young guys Mcfadden & Bush
if we can get a blockbuster deal something like a 09 1s, 2nd 2010 1st or second then i could franchise and trade Nnamdi

As for free agents i dont know how many FAs we could bring in we spent all that money last year plus the situation the raiders are in.....i say scratch the FA market as of now and focus on bringing young talent through the draft and improve in the team chemistry first before we can bring people in to help us.....UNLESS we can land big time WR
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default Javon Walker....

Is Javon Walker even coming back? I'd be surprised if he didn't retire this offseason, it was pretty obvious he didn't have much of a desire to play.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Is Javon Walker even coming back? I'd be surprised if he didn't retire this offseason, it was pretty obvious he didn't have much of a desire to play.
I doubt he retires. He will be getting payed big bucks this season. I hope he does retire though. Would save us alot of cap

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
cut list

javon walker
kwame harris
ronald curry
michael huff
terdell sands

trade
if we can get a blockbuster deal something like a 09 1s, 2nd 2010 1st or second then i could franchise and trade Nnamdi

As for free agents i dont know how many FAs we could bring in we spent all that money last year plus the situation the raiders are in.....i say scratch the FA market as of now and focus on bringing young talent through the draft and improve in the team chemistry first before we can bring people in to help us.....UNLESS we can land big time WR
I could see maybe the eagles giving us a 5th rounder for Fargas. As for Nnamdi I hope we resign him long term. If we dont we might as well trade him for what we can get since he will likely leave next season anyways. We have to try to get Gross. Signing Gross would allow us to address dline and WR earlier. Maybe draft Raji with #7 then Nicks or Britt in the 2nd would be good

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
cut list

javon walker
kwame harris
ronald curry
michael huff
terdell sands

trade

If this is true the Raiders would get a good amount of cap off their back which is nice
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think cutting Gibril was a huge mistake, we don't have any safety's as it is.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah i was little shocked to see him cut but i guess he wasnt happy in oakland and no need to have people not happy there especially when we still stock on rebuilding this team
Old 02-28-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

why havent we cut walker that bum
Old 02-28-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

The main problem I have with cutting gibril is that the dline still sucks.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dawkins would have looked ridiuclous in black and silver
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
dawkins would have looked ridiuclous in black and silver
Hell yeah.....dude's old though.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote