Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-14-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Not having any 4th or 5th round picks could hurt IMO

To me these are the money rounds where you can get tremendous value for players who can start for you, but aren't hyped to go in the first 3 rounds. (Tashard Choice, Anthony Collins, Carl Nicks, Orlando Scandrick, Tim Hightower to name a few from last year). I think it will hurt not having any picks in these rounds this year, but with the acquired vets and earlier picks we have gained it should turn out alright in the end I suppose.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd, 3rd round are more important and have an extra one of those. They are cheap and more likely to be good and good sooner.

We still have 2 6ths. You could always trade a pick next year too like we did to get Avril.

Plus we could move back in the 3rd, if we think we can get a guy later and pick up a 4th or 5th.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the Lions haven't had a player in rounds 4-7 who made a difference...ever. Our scouts are terrible so it doesn't really matter.
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Whitebull
Rookie

Whitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

We got great value for our 4th and 5ths this year. I like having picks in those rounds too, I didn't like a couple years ago when we kept trading them so we could get more 2nd rounders (Gerald Alexander, Stanton, IAF, sucked). But the moves that have given them up this year have been very good.
Whitebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebull View Post
We got great value for our 4th and 5ths this year. I like having picks in those rounds too, I didn't like a couple years ago when we kept trading them so we could get more 2nd rounders (Gerald Alexander, Stanton, IAF, sucked). But the moves that have given them up this year have been very good.
we didnt have a pick in the 4th round, and we got Kenneth Moore and Jerome Felton in the 5th round. Felton started at first then got benched and i never saw Moore. Yeah great value
Old 03-14-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
we didnt have a pick in the 4th round, and we got Kenneth Moore and Jerome Felton in the 5th round. Felton started at first then got benched and i never saw Moore. Yeah great value
Well I guess me might as well just forfeit our 1sts and 2nds then also because we haven't really gotten any value from those picks either..
Old 03-14-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Whitebull
Rookie

Whitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
When I said this year, I was talking about the 2009 picks we traded you know, this year.
Whitebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont we have dallas' 5th round? Im pretty sure we still have one 5th
Old 03-14-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
dont we have dallas' 5th round? Im pretty sure we still have one 5th
we have their 6th I believe
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
Well I guess me might as well just forfeit our 1sts and 2nds then also because we haven't really gotten any value from those picks either..
you're cute
Old 03-15-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's a 6th ...
1a, 1b, 2, 3a, 3b, 6a, 6b (not sure on a 7th?)

But we still have 2 3rd round picks which is key b/c all analysts say this is not a top heavy draft but is as deep as ever from players 20-100. I feel rnd 3 is a great time to grab one of these athletic TE's Linehan loves to use (Chase Coffman, James Casey, Shawn Nelson) and even a G or MLB if we do not pull the trigger early on these positions. I love Jason Phillips from TCU at MLB with Peterson and Sims running wild on the edges, that would be fun. We got value for that 5th rounder in Peterson, plus we dumped Millen's favorite, Cory Redding. Love the fresh start!
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
you're cute
thanks, but I'm already taken.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Yeah it's a 6th ...
1a, 1b, 2, 3a, 3b, 6a, 6b (not sure on a 7th?)

But we still have 2 3rd round picks which is key b/c all analysts say this is not a top heavy draft but is as deep as ever from players 20-100. I feel rnd 3 is a great time to grab one of these athletic TE's Linehan loves to use (Chase Coffman, James Casey, Shawn Nelson) and even a G or MLB if we do not pull the trigger early on these positions. I love Jason Phillips from TCU at MLB with Peterson and Sims running wild on the edges, that would be fun. We got value for that 5th rounder in Peterson, plus we dumped Millen's favorite, Cory Redding. Love the fresh start!
I agree, it seems like there is a ton of depth in this draft and there should be the opportunity to find quality players with talent in the 4th/5th rounds. An example of this, IMO, will be a guy like Mike Wallace or Johnny Knox who are more of return men/slot WRs who have chances to develop into solid #2/#3 WRs. Derrick Mason entered the league in this fashion, but with a lot less speed. I also like a guy like Sammie Lee Hill in the 4th/5th, the guy will be a stud at the next level, and IMO, he'd be a perfect rotational guy with Grady.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry. I'm sure we trade down once or twice somewhere in the draft. I think it would be rare if we stayed where we are with all our picks.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Don't worry. I'm sure we trade down once or twice somewhere in the draft. I think it would be rare if we stayed where we are with all our picks.
Thats what I'm hoping for
Old 03-15-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thanks, but I'm already taken.
enjoy your hand ;)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
enjoy your hand ;)
Miss Michigan!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Miss Michigan!
if its 2008 ehhhh, if its 2006 NICE high five
Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who did you trade for the 4th and 5th rounders.

Peterson- starting LB right away rather than waiting to see if a 4th or 5th rounder produces.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
if its 2008 ehhhh, if its 2006 NICE high five
It's a Michigan joke, because the hand looks like a map of Michigan...
Old 03-15-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Who did you trade for the 4th and 5th rounders.

Peterson- starting LB right away rather than waiting to see if a 4th or 5th rounder produces.
4th was on draft weekend last yr for Clif Avril, 5th was for Peterson and 7th was earlier this yr in the Roy Williams deal