Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-13-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I thought the movie was very good, not great, but definitely good. The guy who played Ozy could've been better, his accent just bugged me. Rorschach was ******* amazing. I had not read the GN and was able to follow it easily. I just think my expectations were too high. And what's with the soundtrack? I understand the nuclear war themed pop songs but they didn't fit at all into the movie.
Goode was trying to do a German accent, since the character was born in Germany, for the personal scenes and an American accent for the business scenes to protect Ozy's global image. And the soundtrack was very clunky at times, I will agree with that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Yeah, 99 red balloons was a giant WTF from me as well. And as much as I love Hendrix's version of Dylan's All Along the Watchtower, it just did not fit at all with the scene or movie.
haha when that song went on, I kinda chuckled. The song is supposed to be about nuclear war or something though.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I thought the movie was very good, not great, but definitely good. The guy who played Ozy could've been better, his accent just bugged me. Rorschach was ******* amazing. I had not read the GN and was able to follow it easily. I just think my expectations were too high. And what's with the soundtrack? I understand the nuclear war themed pop songs but they didn't fit at all into the movie.
I agree with this. I don't see why people think this is a great movie. It was solid, but not spectacular. It was the third best super hero movie to come out over the past year(behind TDK and IronMan.) Rorschach was awesome, not only the actor, but the character. Personally, I found his world view to be most appealing.

How were people not able to follow the storyline? It wasn't complicated at all. The Times they are a changin was an awesome pick for the opening montage, but the rest of the soundtrack left a little to be desired, although a CD of the soundtrack would be awesome, because they had some great songs, they just didnt fit the movie.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
They said his name multiple times, I have no idea how you wouldn't catch it. They said Ozymandias countless times. They were talking about Veidt many times. They even showed the part of Ozymandias that I quoted. I had no familiarity with the graphic novel.

This is what happens when not reading becomes common place, people get stupid and can't understand one of the easiest literary allusions possible. Percy Shelley's poem is one of the most famous, and and part is even included in the actual movie, and yet none of your friends got it? He had books about the pharaohs in his office, specifically Ramses AKA Ozymandias.

Hurray for the dumbing down of American culture, HURRAY!!!
I'm sure many of them were familiar with it. It's high school stuff. Atleast it was at mine...but anyway, for some reason or another no one could remember his name. It was a bit of a talky and the characters are unfamiliar...it's not that difficult to understand. And I'm not talking about my friends either. I'm talking about the entire theatre. People walking out of the theatre...no one knew what his name was.

As for the storyline, that was not complicated at all...not nearly as complex as people were making it out to be. I found it pretty straight forward...they just could have delved in a little deeper at certain parts.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-13-2009 at 02:15 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little confused that people didn't know his name. It was pretty easy to figure out when Ozymandias was apparent throughout the entire movie. I mean it was the first password the Nite Owl tried.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm sure many of them were familiar with it. It's high school stuff. Atleast it was at mine...but anyway, for some reason or another no one could remember his name. It was a bit of a talky and the characters are unfamiliar...it's not that difficult to understand. And I'm not talking about my friends either. I'm talking about the entire theatre. People walking out of the theatre...no one knew what his name was.

As for the storyline, that was not complicated at all...not nearly as complex as people were making it out to be. I found it pretty straight forward...they just could have delved in a little deeper at certain parts.
That doesn't change what I said in the slightest, in fact, it only highlights it. Don't take this as an insult towards you. It is a condemnation of our entire culture. Our education system doesn't foster a curiosity that is necessary for learning to occur. Not only that, the standardized tests directly work against the education of students.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I'm a little confused that people didn't know his name. It was pretty easy to figure out when Ozymandias was apparent throughout the entire movie. I mean it was the first password the Nite Owl tried.
Maybe it was just because, it was long...I was obviously in a theatre full of people that hadnt read the GN. A lot of subject matter was being thrown at them. A couple behind me couldnt follow the characters at all. This isnt the first case of this happening. A lot of people couldnt follow the characters...or the storyline. I find that odd, though because there honestly wasnt much to it. More straight forward than complex. The GN may have been multi layered but, the movie didnt come off as anything we havent seen before in terms of the overall complexity of the actual plot. I could see how people would be thrown off or confused by the characters, though. Lots of names and people you've never seen before.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-13-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
That doesn't change what I said in the slightest, in fact, it only highlights it. Don't take this as an insult towards you. It is a condemnation of our entire culture. Our education system doesn't foster a curiosity that is necessary for learning to occur. Not only that, the standardized tests directly work against the education of students.
meh...I usually catch onto these things. My excuse for not coming away with his name is pretty much that it was just long, I suppose. I liked it but, wasnt always into it...like I said previously, a lot of stop and go. So, I guess it was easy to lose focus in my uncomfortable chair. ha. I honestly dont even remember them saying the actual name, Ozymandias. In hindsight, I actually think it's kind of funny. Atleast I knew his name was Veidt, though...pretty much because, they said that a bunch of times. All though, the couple behind me had no idea who Rorschach was talking about when he said his name at the computer. I dont think there really is a need to bring in anything about the countries' education system. You may be reaching there in this case. It's a long movie with obscure names and characters...and not everyone is going to know everything there is to know about Ramses II or Percy Bysshe Shelley. Atleast in this case, I think a forgotten name is forgivable. haha.

Like I said, I think it's completely understandable if a "blind" viewer, or one with no prior background knowledge of the subject matter. Came away from this movie not knowing a name or two. I do not however think this movie's plot should confuse anyone. It's been done before in different variants throughout cinema. It's pretty surprising that even some of the most knowledgeable or well-renowned critics had a hard time following.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-13-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
meh...I usually catch onto these things. My excuse for not coming away with his name is pretty much that it was just long, I suppose. I liked it but, wasnt always into it...like I said previously, a lot of stop and go. So, I guess it was easy to lose focus in my uncomfortable chair. ha. I honestly dont even remember them saying the actual name, Ozymandias. In hindsight, I actually think it's kind of funny. Atleast I knew his name was Veidt, though...pretty much because, they said that a bunch of times. All though, the couple behind me had no idea who Rorschach was talking about when he said his name at the computer. I dont think there really is a need to bring in anything about the countries' education system. You may be reaching there in this case. It's a long movie with obscure names and characters...and not everyone is going to know everything there is to know about Ramses II or Percy Bysshe Shelley. Atleast in this case, I think a forgotten name is forgivable. haha.

Like I said, I think it's completely understandable if a "blind" viewer, or one with no prior background knowledge of the subject matter. Came away from this movie not knowing a name or two. I do not however think this movie's plot should confuse anyone. It's been done before in different variants throughout cinema. It's pretty surprising that even some of the most knowledgeable or well-renowned critics had a hard time following.
It isn't even forgetting the name, that is forgivable, it happens. Hell I do it a lot. It is quotes like this:
Quote:
Also, Ozymandias name is just stupid. haha.
That is why I don't believe it to be a reach saying our education system has failed us when people say a characters name is stupid when it is an allusion to one of the most famous English poems.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
It isn't even forgetting the name, that is forgivable, it happens. Hell I do it a lot. It is quotes like this:

That is why I don't believe it to be a reach saying our education system has failed us when people say a characters name is stupid when it is an allusion to one of the most famous English poems.
Hard to tell over the internet but, I wasnt being serious. I felt stupid when I didnt catch onto the Ozymandias/Pharaoh deal. Like I said, I couldnt even remember his name until I got home and that is because, I finally put two and two together. I obviously wasnt paying the closest attention when Goode was on screen because, I know all about Ramses the Great. That was my stupid attempt at venting. But whatever. haha. Rest assured, I dont really think Ozymandias is a stupid name. lol.

My strategically placed "haha's", dont always get the job done, I guess.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-13-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hard to tell over the internet but, I wasnt being serious. I felt stupid when I didnt catch onto the Ozymandias/Pharaoh deal. Like I said, I couldnt even remember his name until I got home and that is because, I finally put two and two together. I obviously wasnt paying the closest attention when Goode was on screen because, I know all about Ramses the Great. That was my stupid attempt at venting. But whatever. haha. Rest assured, I dont really think Ozymandias is a stupid name. lol.

My strategically placed "haha's", dont always get the job done, I guess.
My rant wasn't necessarily directed at you anyway. It is the fact that many people would agree with what you said about Ozymandias. It's the fact that our country has one of the worst education systems in the developed world, and that is going to cause us BIG problems in the future.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, when I went to watch it, I didn't really know what to expect. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a kick ass action movie like Dark Knight, but I walked out feeling a little frustrated regardless.

I liked the movie don't get me wrong, but it seemed to be more of a message film about the evils of our world than a super hero movie, and it was drawn out way too long. At one point about half way through the movie I turned on my cell phone to see how much time had gone by. The Comedian was really kind of a twisted guy, and he was probably my favorite character besides Rorshack (that prison sequence was awesome). The plot seemed to proceed at a snails pace, and looking back on it, it seems kinda necessary, but that movie could have and should have been a good half hour shorter. And the ending kind of left me unsatisfied. Not so much with the journalist part, but when they just gave up and walked out of the Artic Facility without really resolving anything with Viedt.

Visually, the movie was amazing (and I went and saw it at a digital theater, so it was absolutely stunning). The dark tone was perfect. Watching Dr. Manhatten blowing people up (I don't really know if that's the correct term for it...), was gory enough to please me and tide me over through some of the slower sections.

But like almost everybody, I have to seriously question the soundtrack choices. 99 Red Balloons? Seriously?

Good movie, not great. I doubt that I'll buy it when it comes out, but it is definately a movie to watch at least once.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
Rookie

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The movie would have been a lot better had it taken place sometime during the montage. If it had taken place during the '60s and 70's I would have liked it more. Could have delved into the JFK assassination more, cold war, Vietnam war.

Sig by BoneKrusher
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah but then it would be exactly like every super hero movie. this was cool because they were washed up and over and they had to make the decision to come back. especially during a time where the world was at the most danger.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! View Post
The movie would have been a lot better had it taken place sometime during the montage. If it had taken place during the '60s and 70's I would have liked it more. Could have delved into the JFK assassination more, cold war, Vietnam war.
But that wasn't the point of the movie/comic book....

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The movie was awesome.

Rosarche was amazing.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
But that wasn't the point of the movie/comic book....
Yea, it completely misses the point of the book. I mean this isn't supposed to be just a normal superhero movie.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! View Post
Well it's based off a book and those were all minor parts of the story.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
The movie was awesome.

Rosarche was amazing.
Rorschach

You should be banned for spelling his name incorrectly

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-15-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Rorschach

You should be banned for spelling his name incorrectly
I've never read the comic/ graphic novel. Not a big deal.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Of course not a big deal, i was joking. Hard name to spell anyway.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-16-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This movie was brilliant/awesome/incredible/I loved it.

But 2 of the people I saw it with hated it. Not for everyone I guess.

The hype was well-deserved imo. Truly a stimulating experience.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't have to have ever heard of Watchmen to have spelled the word "Rorschach" correctly.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw the movie last night. I thought they did a pretty good job. There were a few things left out of the book I would have liked to have seen, but the main story and what it was about was presented very nicely and it was quite easy to understand...even if one hadn't read the book. Of course, I think one would appreciate the film more if one had read the book first simply because of the extras that you can't see in the novel and give a little more insight to the story. All in all, a great adaption. Can't wait until the DVD comes out.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote