Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,871
Reputation: 1951739
bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Well like I said I know why Im getting the Mac over other laptops stated my reasons in other post.
__________________


bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: earth
Posts: 13,850
Reputation: 1048817
brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

because of software.
__________________
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,758
Reputation: 1970779
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
For the record people like Bantx are not who I am talking about. They are people who are influenced by advertising and lack above average computer knowledge. Only real difference between pc and mac in photography and graphics is that mac os usually comes pre installed with that stuff and windows doesn't....that is not a pro to having a mac imo....because the cost difference already makes that argument NULL.

That's pretty harsh...If people want to spend their money who are we to tell them how to spend it, that's like telling someone to don't buy the new iphone that comes out because this cheap 12$ phone dials and text people just the same for less and the only reason you want the big phone is because your a sucker for advertising and have no clue about phone technology lol.


Mac's are more expensive, if he can afford it so, I wouldn't just assume those are the reasons why he wanted it...I've used a Mac and came away very impressed with just the basics so I could see why someone would prefer it.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's pretty harsh...If people want to spend their money who are we to tell them how to spend it, that's like telling someone to don't buy the new iphone that comes out because this cheap 12$ phone dials and text people just the same for less and the only reason you want the big phone is because your a sucker for advertising and have no clue about phone technology lol.


Mac's are more expensive, if he can afford it so, I wouldn't just assume those are the reasons why he wanted it...I've used a Mac and came away very impressed with just the basics so I could see why someone would prefer it.
Because the reasons he gave for liking it had nothing to do with functionality. He has fallen victim to the Apple marketing craze. Does that matter? No, of course not. But he should realize why he is getting it.

Plus, you are now able to run a cracked version of OS X on a PC, and supposedly it runs faster than on a Mac(and works perfectly fine).
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
You should all just dual boot with Ubantu.
Seconded. Ubuntu rocks.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,871
Reputation: 1951739
bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ive already stated yes Im buying because its look, but its more too it than just the look and Ive stated the reasons why. Im not going to buy some bulky ugly laptop with the same specs, Im going to get something that will appeal to me, if it cost more its my choice. Its the same reason why someone would buy a Lambo over any other car.
__________________


bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Ive already stated yes Im buying because its look, but its more too it than just the look and Ive stated the reasons why. Im not going to buy some bulky ugly laptop with the same specs, Im going to get something that will appeal to me, if it cost more its my choice. Its the same reason why someone would buy a Lambo over any other car.
Exactly, the marketing. That's exactly what people have been saying all thread. There isn't anything wrong with that, I think people just wanted you to admit you were a fanboy.

Like I said, I can care less what you get. If you like Macs more than PCs more power to you. Personally, I agree with bhaarat just dual boot anything+Ubuntu.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,871
Reputation: 1951739
bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Well I did say that Im getting it because of its look and size if you read my second post. Guess it was too long and people just skimmed it. =\
__________________


bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 11,947
Reputation: 217884
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
You should all just dual boot with Ubantu.
you mean ubuntu?
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Well I did say that Im getting it because of its look and size if you read my second post. Guess it was too long and people just skimmed it. =\
I didn't miss it, but the look is due to marketing. The size difference from the PC I posted was negligible. You like the look because it is "cool" which was Apple's marketing strategy all along. No one thinks you are wrong for getting a Mac, and if they do, they are just PC fanboys anyway. People may think you are making a mistake, but thats more because they are probably frugal with their money and it has nothing to do with Mac vs PC.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,280
Reputation: 935957
Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Enjoy paying double the price of a Laptop just so you can look cool Bantx. Seems like a smart move to me.....
__________________
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 11,947
Reputation: 217884
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
No what you dont get is that you make it seem as if Im just buying a Mac because of its look, when people want to buy something they want something that appeals to them right? You make it seem like Im only buying a Mac for its look and know nothing about it. Im no computer wiz or whatever but when you try to act like some know it all snob and then continue to ignore the fact that I responded to your post by posting about why I would buy a Macbook over a regular laptop. And I brought up the memory because it comes with the new Macbooks way to come off as a **** again..

I told you your reasons for buying a mac were circumstantial. A pc will do everything you want to do for cheaper...you just want the mac for the name/looks/appeal. Thats fine...just telling you to get your facts straight.

A unix based os and windows based is for networking and managing or something. Unix the more stable OS or so I hear, but like I said Im no computer wiz and I never said I was, but you continue to bring it up just to prove that you know more about it then me and continue to talk down on me.

Networking/Managing....geez. It is for everything. It's more flexible with less permissions since windows is based on basic computer users who don't wanna type they just wanna click. OSX is more powerful because the restrictions really aren't there...thus Unix/Linux based OS is the way to go for a computer savy person.

Im not hear to argue about OS, I posted the reasons why I would buy a Macbook over a laptop and not based solely on the look. So keep posting and talk about your OS and make you feel better about yourself because you know so much about it and the fact that I know so little makes me the below average computer person.
Im not going to argue or post about this anymore and fill up this thread with it.

What reasons were those again? Because it had better specs than a ****** laptop next too it...so you manipulated yourself in to saying the mac was a better deal for the extra money? If these are your reasons I'll find you a PC deal from within the last 3 months that will put the mac to shame. Once again mac lovers either bought into the advertising or love not having to deal with stupid windows permissions. I was just trying to open your eyes so your not one of the stupid mac users that spout off about how great macs are just because the commercials are funny and the icons get big when your mouse goes over it.
replies in bold...I'm really not trying to be a dick...but as nerv would say...you're obtuse
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: wrigleyland
Posts: 7,668
Reputation: 93956
awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

really. it's one of those great myths that macs run photoshop and indesign and all adobe products so much better.

like walmarts 'always lower prices'...

fact of the matter is is that hardware wise, they both run intel chips... a 'system' is only as good as you can customize it... and trust me, as someone who vehimately hates windows, you can get vista to do quite a bit for you, including not suck balls (can't do much about the memory issue... but that's just a ******** problem that will eventually be solved once enough people like myself whine)...

i will admit that the mac OS is superior in some ways, in running certain programs? no... not a chance... i have run mac os x on a pc for shits and giggles. it runs fine if not as fast.

i have 2 macs and 3 pc's. including an older mac book pro and an ibook... the fact is is that apple touts benchmark charts that aren't necessarily the most standard or the greatest, and that's why people believe that they're SO MUCH FASTER.... for the price of a mac book, you could buy at costco: 800 dollars worth of booze, and a laptop with a printer that runs photoshop just as quick with 4gb of ram and a gigantic hard drive... install mac os x on it... and then have your 'mac book'. if you're any sort of computer savvy you can do it... if you're not, bantx. you shouldn't be proclaming superiority of macs over anything.

and fyi, my laptop isn't bulky and ugly.

and fyi edit part two:

about cpu speeds: what the average person doesn't know is that the CPU speed isn't the limiting factor in most computer speeds... its the architecture and the speed between the cpu and the front side bus...
__________________
http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 03-19-2009 at 04:23 PM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,861
Reputation: 4718900
Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
(can't do much about the memory issue... but that's just a ******** problem that will eventually be solved once enough people like myself whine)
They're already fixing the first part from your post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7
__________________

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: wrigleyland
Posts: 7,668
Reputation: 93956
awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
They're already fixing the first part from your post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7
i know... that's because enough people whined about it...

i ran w-7 beta for a little while... it worked out MUCH better...

windows is a little stupid but it's not horrible.
where microsoft IS horrible is in .net services... *GAG*
__________________
http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,861
Reputation: 4718900
Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
windows is a little stupid but it's not horrible.
I am just upset they gave up on XP for Vista. XP is a great OS. Unfortunately, the $15 copy of XP I got from the school is now in my brother's possession as he had to reformat. I was going to use it on my next build.
__________________

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am just upset they gave up on XP for Vista. XP is a great OS. Unfortunately, the $15 copy of XP I got from the school is now in my brother's possession as he had to reformat. I was going to use it on my next build.
Ahem, since you are already a legal owner of an XP license, you can legally download a copy of it. One XP license can run on something like 3 computers according to the EULA.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,439
Reputation: 197475
Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Don't jump all over Bantx for wanting a fun computer. Macintosh's, if you can afford them, are a blast to use. OSX is a great operating system. Sure, you can't do much upgrading, if any, but that's part of the appeal. It's a computer that won't require much fiddling with. It just runs and it looks good while doing it.

Simply put, computers aren't just practical, and Macintosh recognizes that as well as anyone. Almost everyone I know who has a job where they sit at a computer all day does their programming at work on a PC and then goes home to their Apple.

However, the cost and the lack of modular adding and subtracting (assuming you don't want to mess around with the Hackintosh stuff) is a deal breaker for me. I'm a student, so my budget is finite. I was able to build a PC for about 1200 dollars that's about even with a 2400 dollar Mac Pro, if not better in some regards.

Like I said, if you can afford a Mac on top of a PC (if you need the practical applications the PC offers), then more power to you. I'd just rather spend my limited budget elsewhere.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,861
Reputation: 4718900
Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Ahem, since you are already a legal owner of an XP license, you can legally download a copy of it. One XP license can run on something like 3 computers according to the EULA.
It's not like that. They're one-use copies (hence why they are so cheap). They only like people buy one version of something while they are students, so I might have to hit up my roommate for a copy. I want to see if I can get another XP copy, if they still have them. Screw Windows 7, I would love to keep using XP as long as I can.
__________________

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Don't jump all over Bantx for wanting a fun computer. Macintosh's, if you can afford them, are a blast to use. OSX is a great operating system. Sure, you can't do much upgrading, if any, but that's part of the appeal. It's a computer that won't require much fiddling with. It just runs and it looks good while doing it.

Simply put, computers aren't just practical, and Macintosh recognizes that as well as anyone. Almost everyone I know who has a job where they sit at a computer all day does their programming at work on a PC and then goes home to their Apple.

However, the cost and the lack of modular adding and subtracting (assuming you don't want to mess around with the Hackintosh stuff) is a deal breaker for me. I'm a student, so my budget is finite. I was able to build a PC for about 1200 dollars that's about even with a 2400 dollar Mac Pro, if not better in some regards.

Like I said, if you can afford a Mac on top of a PC (if you need the practical applications the PC offers), then more power to you. I'd just rather spend my limited budget elsewhere.
Personally, I find the ability to play any computer game at its highest level to be what makes a fun computer. But my computer is no longer top of the line, so it is kind of a moot point.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It's not like that. They're one-use copies (hence why they are so cheap). They only like people buy one version of something while they are students, so I might have to hit up my roommate for a copy. I want to see if I can get another XP copy, if they still have them. Screw Windows 7, I would love to keep using XP as long as I can.
I figure Microsoft isn't going to miss my money.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.