Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Week 8 Starting QB?
Daunte Culpepper 9 28.13%
Drew Stanton 3 9.38%
Drew Henson 2 6.25%
Jay Cutler 1 3.13%
Matt Stafford 15 46.88%
Mark Sanchez 0 0%
Josh Freeman 0 0%
Brady Quinn 0 0%
Derek Anderson 2 6.25%
Byron Leftwich 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Predict: Week 8 Starting QB

Look into the future, my friends. Predict who will be starting at QB for us in Week 8. I tried to look at all the possibilities.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a big-time toughie. Here is what went into my answer.

- I don't think Cutler is happening. If the Lions were going to get him, it would have been right there before free agency. If he is traded at all now, some team with more players to offer in return will get him.

- I think the fact that the Lions even tried to get Cutler shows that they're not happy going into the season with the QBs they have now, or with Culpepper as the clear #1. If they can't get Cutler, I think they will draft a QB

- I think if the Lions are drafting a QB, they will do it with the first pick. If Stafford is a risk, Freeman and Sanchez are even more so.

- If Stafford is drafted first overall, I don't see Culpepper holding him off for eight weeks.

So I voted Stafford.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody but Culpepper, Elijah Price, or Drew Henson works for me. I'd prefer Jay Cutler or some other veteran QB that isn't completely worthless while Stafford is groomed, but whatever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:50 AM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

I agree this is a tough one with so much going on right now. I really hope we can somehow land Cutler but I am not going to count on it. I think we do draft Stafford and Cpep starts the season. I think he is hurt by week 3 or 4 and its still to early to start stafford so they go with Stanton to give him his fair shot. Stanton plays well enough to get the nod until he gets hurt. Could be week 8 9 or 10 then stafford gets the call.
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's going to be Stafford. I don't think we end up with Jay Cutler in the end and I don't buy that we are drafting Jason Smith, unless we do end up with Cutler.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

daunte. he's going 2-6 or 3-5 from teams overlooking us and having new coaches/schemes/plays to get calvin the ball. stafford does not see the field this year.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted Stafford.

Daunte starts. He is either injured by Week 6 or booed off the field for 4 consecutive games for fumbling snaps and throwing to the wrong jersey. Coaches give in, say a few hail marys, and send Stafford in before he is ready. He looks ok, shows signs of hope but makes a number of boneheaded plays. He throws 7 TDs and 10 INTs before he injures his knee in week 11.

We go back to Daunte, although we let Stanton wet his pants on the field in week 15. He throws 3 INTs, runs for 25 yards and throws for 24 yards. We finish the season 4-12, get the 4th overall pick and select an offensive tackle who eats raw deer meat.

Gooooooooooooooooo LIONS!
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe two jokers voted for Henson. Let me guess, the Lions OL will get Daunte, Stafford and Stanton all killed and Henson will be the only one left. Ha ha very funny.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Stafford and I'd say the Culpepper was a close-ish 2nd....

They'd still be dumb to not take Stafford though.

And I will say this, if Cutler becomes available, they should give him the #1 pick straight up for him. A proven pro-bowl QB with a hella strong arm and enough mobility to compensate for your lousy line? You should be all over that ......
Old 03-18-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
I can't believe two jokers voted for Henson. Let me guess, the Lions OL will get Daunte, Stafford and Stanton all killed and Henson will be the only one left. Ha ha very funny.
Haha I was just kidding.

I actually believe it will be Cutler. I know Denver said they wanted a QB in return or no picks but they can't say no to that offer we rumored, which I believe would be a good deal.

If not Cutler then Stafford.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough question.

I don't really know how fast Stafford can pick up the playbook and be comfortable. It seems like he should be able too quickly based on his intangibles but I really don't know. Also we'll see how the Oline is doing and if its Daunte playing poorly or the rest of team sans CJ and Kevin Smith, causing the losing.

If Stafford is ready, then definitley Stafford because he needs the reps to develop.

If not and we are 2-6 or 1-7 or gulp 0-8, well then I gotta say Stanton.
1) Maybe he's got something and suprises us all. Never hurts to have 2 young QBs, although Stafford would win the battle in 2010 due to hopefully skill and also money, but it could be some competition if Stanton performs a suprise miracle turnaround. Competition is good not that I think Stanton would be competition unless he suprises us.
2) Again if their is a suprise miracle turnaround by Stanton, he might have some trade value which would be beneficial for our team. Even like a 6th or 7is beneficial. Play Stanton and leave no rock unturned.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
JamminJonny
Rookie

JamminJonny hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
I voted Henson because I didn't take this poll seriously. Is that OK with you?
JamminJonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamminJonny View Post
I voted Henson because I didn't take this poll seriously. Is that OK with you?
Take every poll that I create seriously!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford, unfortunately. He shouldn't be starting in his first season.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:04 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Stafford, unfortunately. He shouldn't be starting in his first season.
I usually agree but if he's legit, than he likely gives us a far better chance of winning than anyone else on the roster.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote