Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has got in worse and worse as a OC. He gets his Quarterback killed. He doesn't really use a running game anymore.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Ashley View Post
I found this story earlier, and I found it kind of interesting.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11528497/rss

I don't really follow the guy around much, but I know he's a good offensive mind. Does anyone else agree with me and Lombardi that it's somewhat surprising that this guy doesn't have a job? Coaching the 49er's offensive talent, or lack thereof into the 13th-ranked passing offense has to be worth something. I wouldn't have minded him being hired as a passing-game coordinator for Oakland. Would you want him on your staff?
You know, I think Al Davis would like the style of Mike Martz, since for some reason Davis is in love with the vertical passing game. Problem is, I don't think that city is big enough for both of their ego's.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If your offense stinks, this guy can rectify it quickly and if he has enough talent he can win a SB for you. He's a solid OC if you want to throw the ball as the main feature of your offense, if you want to be a run first team, he is the wrong guy to hire.
Sure he has an ego, so do most of the successful coaches in the NFL. Singletary obviously wants to have a run first offense so he let Martz go but we'll see how Hill does without him. Don't be shocked if Hill falls flat on his face without Martz! He has a way of getting a lot of production out of extremely mediocre QB's.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Singletary obviously wants to have a run first offense so he let Martz go but we'll see how Hill does without him. Don't be shocked if Hill falls flat on his face without Martz! He has a way of getting a lot of production out of extremely mediocre QB's.
This isn't a post defending Shaun Hill's abilities as a QB but Shaun Hill took over as QB when Singletary became interim. Martz scheme was reighned-in significantly under Coach Sing, thus you can't say with certainty that Martz's scheme was responsible for Hill's success. Hill is best suited for a conservative style offense which Martz begrudgingly ran the final 8 weeks of the season.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Mike Martz is a genius offensive mind in the passing game and a terrible game manager and talent evaluator (I mean common... Trung Canndidate)

His teams with the proper personnel can be downright unstoppable and very balanced. The scheme is so aggressive that it can really put a defense on it's heels and keep them there for the whole game if the offense is executing.

However, his offense can lend itself to becoming a victim of it's own recklessness. Teams without the proper personnel can often lead to tons of three and outs, turnovers and sacks. This in turn leads to points for the other team and playing from behind. And when Martz gets behind he completely abandons the run game.

On a side note, Martz hardly uses audibles so I can't imagine Peyton liking an offense like that...
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martz would let Peyton do whatever he wants. I would Hire Peyton Manning as a coach.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote