Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-19-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's more a question of age + skill + cost & length of contract. Giving Seymour 8 mill per year is fine over 2 or 3 years, but is it worth it if he wants a 5 year deal? Tough call. Then again, they can always load it up on the back end and cut him w/a year or 2 left. :(

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
sdotcarter33
Rookie

sdotcarter33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My dream 2009 Patriots draft:

1.23) Aaron Maybin OLB/Penn St. (Or best available OLB pass rusher)
2.2) Alphonso Smith CB/Wake, DJ Moore CB/Vandy
2.15) William Beatty OT/UCONN (If not available explore trades/ would love to trade for a next years mid 1st to have a shot at safeties Mays or Berry.)
2.26) Jarron Gilbert DE/San Jose St (Stock is rising fast, may not be around)
3.25) Juaquin Iglesias WR/Okla.
3.Comp) Cornelius Ingram TE/Florida, Travis Beckum TE/Wisc.

Other players to consider in the later rounds of the draft:

Frantz Joesph ILB/Florida Atlantic
Jarret Dillard WR/Rice
Kory Sheets RB/Purdue (K. Faulk isn't getting any younger)
Aaron Boone OT/Ohio St
Brian Toal OLB/BC
sdotcarter33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Beatty is strictly a LT prospect. Unless you're talking about an Alex Gibbs system, he really doesn't fit anywhere else.

I don't see Gilbert lasting that long.
________
Beststrip4You

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:14 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdotcarter33 View Post
My dream 2009 Patriots draft:

1.23) Aaron Maybin OLB/Penn St. (Or best available OLB pass rusher)
2.2) Alphonso Smith CB/Wake, DJ Moore CB/Vandy
2.15) William Beatty OT/UCONN (If not available explore trades/ would love to trade for a next years mid 1st to have a shot at safeties Mays or Berry.)
2.26) Jarron Gilbert DE/San Jose St (Stock is rising fast, may not be around)
3.25) Juaquin Iglesias WR/Okla.
3.Comp) Cornelius Ingram TE/Florida, Travis Beckum TE/Wisc.

Other players to consider in the later rounds of the draft:

Frantz Joesph ILB/Florida Atlantic
Jarret Dillard WR/Rice
Kory Sheets RB/Purdue (K. Faulk isn't getting any younger)
Aaron Boone OT/Ohio St
Brian Toal OLB/BC
Like your picks even the players to consider.

Really liking Barwin over anyone else out there for that 3-4 OLB spot (and occasional TE) i'm still trying to get over him running 4.43 (by some scouts accounts) at his pro day.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
sdotcarter33
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think Beatty is strictly a LT prospect. Unless you're talking about an Alex Gibbs system, he really doesn't fit anywhere else.

I don't see Gilbert lasting that long.
well i would actually like to see Light moved to RT if we could ever find a suitable LT...I'm tired of seeing Light get beat by the speed rushers.

No you're right, i doubt gilbert will last the long either...we can only hope.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
sdotcarter33
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Like your picks even the players to consider.

Really liking Barwin over anyone else out there for that 3-4 OLB spot (and occasional TE) i'm still trying to get over him running 4.43 (by some scouts accounts) at his pro day.
Thanks man

I really haven't seen enough of Barwin.....What current NFL'er would you compare him to? I do hear a lot of people ranting and raving over him though.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd compare him to Adalius Thomas. Really tough to compare him to anyone though.
________
NitroJeff live

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:15 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdotcarter33 View Post
Thanks man

I really haven't seen enough of Barwin.....What current NFL'er would you compare him to? I do hear a lot of people ranting and raving over him though.
There's a lot of pretty good footage on Youtube for what it's worth.

I'd sort of compare him to a Brian Urlacher at the same stage being a guy who was a little under the radar and had unreal numbers at 6-3 and 255lbs. I guess he'd translate to an OLB at the next level, the Mike Vrabel comparison is too easy but i think Barwin would probably show a little more range than Vrabel, maybe more of a Shawn Merriman (without the juice).
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote