Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-20-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default michigan will suck again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
QB- Tim Tebow, Florida
RB- Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech
RB- Brandon Minor, Michigan (:D)
WR- Arrelious Benn, Illinois
WR- Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
TE- Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
OL- Trent Williams, Oklahoma
OL- Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
OL- Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
OL- Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State
OL- Kris O'Dowd, USC

DE- Brandon Graham, Michigan
DT- Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
DT- Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
DE- Jerry Hughes, TCU
LB- Navorro Bowman, Penn State
LB- Brandon Spikes, Florida
LB- Rolando McClain, Alabama
CB- Donovan Warren, Michigan (bounce-back season!) :D
S- Eric Berry, Tennessee
S- Taylor Mays, USC
CB- Joe Haden, Florida

A little Michigan-heavy, but A) I'm a homer B) All three have AA potential.
a little hard to look good when you only win 4 games next year
brandon graham is the only one with a chance
Spartan4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone really likes Donovan Warren O_O.

I mean he definitely has the talent, but did you guys watch him last year?

And I'm also on the Brandon Minor for All America bandwagon. :D

Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan4224 View Post
a little hard to look good when you only win 4 games next year
brandon graham is the only one with a chance

Kinda funny how spartan fans have a big head after beating michigan for the first time in forever.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Kinda funny how spartan fans have a big head after beating michigan for the first time in forever.
Hey, it only took the worst Michigan team ever for MSU to beat them. :D

MSU didn't have a legit win against UM since 1999 before this year. They get big heads, tell everyone's the tide is turning and start claiming their coach is the greatest thing since sliced bread every time they win over Michigan. Don't sweat it. It happens every time.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Croom, want to know how pathetic MSU fans are?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,117593

That's after they beat a 2-6 team that would finish 3-9.

ZOMGZ SPARTANZ FOOTBALL IS BACK!
Old 02-22-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont think its that much of a stretch to say that for the next couple of years the UM/MSU game will be a bit of a toss up. Sure Michigan had a very down year, but its not like MSU isnt improving either.

As much as I hate Valenti on 97.1 he brings up a good point in that UM football is the equivalent of MSU basketball.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Loving that people are finally noticing Suh. About time after the year he had last year.
bwillie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
Loving that people are finally noticing Suh. About time after the year he had last year.
Funny thing is I've been talking about Suh on this board for two years now. Early 2007 was, I think, my first mention of him.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Hey, it only took the worst Michigan team ever for MSU to beat them. :D

MSU didn't have a legit win against UM since 1999 before this year. They get big heads, tell everyone's the tide is turning and start claiming their coach is the greatest thing since sliced bread every time they win over Michigan. Don't sweat it. It happens every time.
They weren't even that good this year either. If they really care about beating Michigan that much, they don't have much going for that program. Usually programs have dreams of winning titles, not rivals in down years.

Also I think Mark Dantonio s the biggest moron in College ball. He'd leave MSU for OSU in less than a second.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
They weren't even that good this year either. If they really care about beating Michigan that much, they don't have much going for that program. Usually programs have dreams of winning titles, not rivals in down years.

Also I think Mark Dantonio s the biggest moron in College ball. He'd leave MSU for OSU in less than a second.
Well, I wouldn't really blame Dantonio for leaving MSU for OSU, considering it's a much better job. However, basically nut-riding OSU while you're the head coach at MSU is extremely slimeball-ish.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

So much love for Javhid Best here, yet no love for the RB who was the Pac 10 offensive player of the year?

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
So much love for Javhid Best here, yet no love for the RB who was the Pac 10 offensive player of the year?
Shows how much stock people put into meaningless awards. The game of football is played on a field, not at a banquet.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Shows how much stock people put into meaningless awards. The game of football is played on a field, not at a banquet.
The same field where Rodgers went for 186 yards against USC? Or the field where Best failed to break 50 against the same team? Give me the running back who performs against top teir teams over the running back who dissapears against good teams then blows up against teams that Cal would have beat with Nate Longshore at runningback.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
Old 02-24-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The same field where Rodgers went for 186 yards against USC? Or the field where Best failed to break 50 against the same team? Give me the running back who performs against top teir teams over the running back who dissapears against good teams then blows up against teams that Cal would have beat with Nate Longshore at runningback.
What the Beavers did against SC was impressive. You guys' running game is very consistent. Rodgers is a good player who fits your team well. Imo, Best is the superior running back.

SC may have shut down Cal's running game, but several other solid defenses did not. Such as your own.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
What the Beavers did against SC was impressive. You guys' running game is very consistent. Rodgers is a good player who fits your team well. Imo, Best is the superior running back.

SC may have shut down Cal's running game, but several other solid defenses did not. Such as your own.
I know. But our defense wasn't as strong as I had hoped it would be coming into the season. Butler and Norris were still beasts, and the secondary was solid, but the linebackers spent half the season playing flag football. But it wasn't just USC that shut down Best. Against the four best teams that Best played, USC, Oregon, Michigan State, and Maryland, Best rushed for 259 yards and one TD. Against the 4 toughest teams that Oregon State played, USC, Utah, Penn State, and Oregon, Rodgers rushed for 386 yards and 5 TDs, and that's with Rodgers not playing a snap against Oregon.

You have your opinion, I respect that, but I just don't think that who beats up on the worst two teams in the country harder is an accurate measure for who's the superior running back.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I know. But our defense wasn't as strong as I had hoped it would be coming into the season. Butler and Norris were still beasts, and the secondary was solid, but the linebackers spent half the season playing flag football. But it wasn't just USC that shut down Best. Against the four best teams that Best played, USC, Oregon, Michigan State, and Maryland, Best rushed for 259 yards and one TD. Against the 4 toughest teams that Oregon State played, USC, Utah, Penn State, and Oregon, Rodgers rushed for 386 yards and 5 TDs, and that's with Rodgers not playing a snap against Oregon.

You have your opinion, I respect that, but I just don't think that who beats up on the worst two teams in the country harder is an accurate measure for who's the superior running back.
Maryland? Wasn't that the game that the puke got knocked out of Best? And Miami was a better team than Maryland was last year.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
QB- Tim Tebow, Florida
RB- Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech
RB- Brandon Minor, Michigan (:D)
WR- Arrelious Benn, Illinois
WR- Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
TE- Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
OL- Trent Williams, Oklahoma
OL- Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
OL- Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
OL- Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State
OL- Kris O'Dowd, USC

DE- Brandon Graham, Michigan
DT- Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
DT- Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
DE- Jerry Hughes, TCU
LB- Navorro Bowman, Penn State
LB- Brandon Spikes, Florida
LB- Rolando McClain, Alabama
CB- Donovan Warren, Michigan (bounce-back season!) :D
S- Eric Berry, Tennessee
S- Taylor Mays, USC
CB- Joe Haden, Florida

A little Michigan-heavy, but A) I'm a homer B) All three have AA potential.
Not too bad of a list. I like the Bowman pick. Don't forget about Sean Lee though. I think he'll bounce back from his injury and have a great year. Also consider Evan Royster at RB.

I'm a PSU homer obviously but these guys have AA potential as well.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
Maryland? Wasn't that the game that the puke got knocked out of Best?
Yes, it was also the game where he averaged 2.5 yards per carry.

Quote:
And Miami was a better team than Maryland was last year.
I'm sorry, I thought it was Maryland with the better record, better rushing offense, better passing offense, and better scoring defense. I must be mistaken.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
But it wasn't just USC that shut down Best. Against the four best teams that Best played, USC, Oregon, Michigan State, and Maryland, Best rushed for 259 yards and one TD. Against the 4 toughest teams that Oregon State played, USC, Utah, Penn State, and Oregon, Rodgers rushed for 386 yards and 5 TDs, and that's with Rodgers not playing a snap against Oregon.
Again, this is a poor method of comparison. There is no need for me to refute this paragraph as it seems to accomplish that with its very existence. Bring the whole story in an accurate light along with relevancy, please.

Quote:
Neither do I. Throw those games out the window for all I care. It's not about stats for me. I use them at times to illustrate and relate my thoughts and opinions to others, but for me it's all about what I see on that field. To me, it's quite obvious that Best is the superior player. Oregon State has the more consistent running game as you have effectively illustrated, but that's a team thing. Knowledgeable fans who watched the SC game were far more impressed with the way you guys manhandled the Trojans up front than the way Rodgers patiently followed the gaping holes for a few yards at a time.

And I'm not trying to sell Rodgers short here. I think he's a nice young talent. A great fit for the Beaver running game. I just think that Best is an elite talent. Clearly superior to the majority of backs in college football. Put these guys on the same team and we all know who the starter is.

Who gives a crap if Cal struggles running the ball against teams that the Beavers are able to move the chains against. If it were all on the RB's shoulders to gain those yards, your numbers would hold a lot more weight.

As it is, the final stat sheet is a result of the efforts of the entire team. And that includes defense and special teams and coaching and everything. It includes the fact that even when comparing common opponents, those opponents are not one and the same. Everybody knows SC came out flat footed against a fired up Beavers team in Reser. And everybody knows that SC looked much more fierce and together as a defense at home 6 weeks later against Cal. Everybody knows that Cal's offense was very inconsistent all season and especially sputtering at the time they faced SC. To expect Jahvid Best to do it all by himself is simply unreasonable. Certainly none of us expect that from Rodgers.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think many people other than the big XII fans are leaving out Sergio Kindle

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm no Big 12 fan, but I had Kindle on my AA team.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
I'm no Big 12 fan, but I had Kindle on my AA team.
It's kinda hard with only two spots available at OLB. Herzlich, Weatherspoon, Kindle and Navarro Bowman, Travis Lewis and Rennie Curran all already played at an AA level this past season and it's hard to pick and choose between the lot of them for 2009. Personally I feel like Kindle's production might suffer due to the Longhorns line losing some key personnel. Then again I'm sure the same could be said for Herzlich.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking back at putting Julio Jones on the list makes me wonder who is gonna get him the ball.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Greg McElroy will.

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote