Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-14-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

ravensfan3jt smells like sex panther.
Default Ravens Sign Chris Carr

I think this is a great pickup. He replaces Corey Ivey as the nickel corner/thirdcorner and also is a very good kick and punt returner the deal was 2 years/ 5 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3979994
Old 03-14-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YAY! I'm glad we stole him from the Steelers. He will be twice as good as Ivy and like you said, I remember him being a very good return man. I think its a fantastic signing, cheap, affordable, and he will contribute every game. Love it.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

So we've obviously given up on Yamon Figurs? I don't think he offers much in the receiving game...
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I still think Yamon will compete for the PR/KR job, most likely PR but I have no clue on how he will pan out. He was great his rookie season, and then next year, he just stopped. It was wierd.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree the fall of Figures was disturbing. He looked like he could develop into a top 5 returner now he looks like he has never seen a football game in his life and he doesnt have a clue what to do after he catches the ball
Old 03-14-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the money at all, we overpaid big time IMO. Not excited about this at all.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
YAY! I'm glad we stole him from the Steelers. He will be twice as good as Ivy and like you said, I remember him being a very good return man. I think its a fantastic signing, cheap, affordable, and he will contribute every game. Love it.
I 2nd this notion ! Anything taken from the Steelers is a good move!!
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I don't like the money at all, we overpaid big time IMO. Not excited about this at all.
2.5 million each year is too much for one of the leagues top return men? Not to mention he is very versatlie and can play both S and CB. He's your typical Raven, plays with alot of heart and give it his all. Not to mention, we stole him for the Steelers, so we won't have to play him twice a year. I can't see why you're not excited about him being a Raven. He's gonna be huge for us next year.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Great pickup.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like it because we vastly overpaid. He is a decent return man but he's no Devin Hester and isn't worth 2.5 mil a year. And he is a terrible CB, I'd rather have Frank Walker or Ivy out there then Carr on defense. I think he is overrated and now is overpaid and I don't like that we overpaid him. The Steelers beat us again by not having this guy on their roster.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-16-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

wow dude...
Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

hes way better than corey ivy are you nuts.
hes also an upgrade for a return man. which hes nasty at.

younutz

good pickup, nothin flashy. but nice

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
hes way better than corey ivy are you nuts.
hes also an upgrade for a return man. which hes nasty at.

younutz

good pickup, nothin flashy. but nice
yeah, I can't see how we overpaid. If anything, it was Foxworth getting overpaid but he was fine with that, however Carr gets a 2 million deal and he's upset. I'll never understand him or Bigdawg.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I'll never understand him or Bigdawg.
I see what you mean. but thats what makes a message board great.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

$2 million, I was told it was $5 million, if its 2 years $2 million then Im fine with it.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-17-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
$2 million, I was told it was $5 million, if its 2 years $2 million then Im fine with it.
You were right it is 2yrs 5mill he was saying that 2mill a year is not over paying
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
You were right it is 2yrs 5mill he was saying that 2mill a year is not over paying
Oh well it is. He provides barely any depth to defense, he is basically a return man and not worth 2 mil/year as a return man.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-17-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

Quote:
Oh well it is. He provides barely any depth to defense, he is basically a return man and not worth 2 mil/year as a return man.
the guys first touchdown was a 100yard pick from Big Ben which is huge.
consider the playing time this guy actually got at CB....
Not a whole lot.. But when he did play he played well.
I guess he'll get a shot on the Ravens with our depleted secondary but I doubt he starts over any of our CBs unless theres an injury..
Special teams are a huge part of football and Figurs isn't the player we thought he would be. We needed an upgrade at return man and we got it. A consistent player whose a better return man than anyone we had in the first place.

Good pickup for us. I should've expected people to hate on a undersized CB from Boise..psssshhhhh

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:44 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I said it before and I'll say it again... Jim Leonhard had the same knocks against him last year... he turned out pretty well!?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

Great pickup, ERU you couldent be more wrong, frank walker and corey ivy were terrible last year in nickel situations and would be an absolute disaster in a top 2 situation, this is a great pickup seeing how our corner situation is still very shakey.
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

I hope you guys are all right, but my opinion is that you're not........time will tell.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-24-2009, 07:59 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray52 View Post
Great pickup, ERU you couldent be more wrong, frank walker and corey ivy were terrible last year in nickel situations and would be an absolute disaster in a top 2 situation, this is a great pickup seeing how our corner situation is still very shakey.
Never said I wanted Ivy or Walker as our nickel or #2, just said they have proven more on defense then Carr has. If it was up to me Ivy and Walker wouldn't be on the team, and never would have been.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999