Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Knicks win versus the Bucks. D-Lee sprained his ankle, hopefully it's not serious.
X-rays negative from what I've heard.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago beats Washington by 15.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Knicks win versus the Bucks. D-Lee sprained his ankle, hopefully it's not serious.
X-rays negative from what I've heard.
Very nice. You could just see how bad not having him hurt against the Sixers on Wednesday and Bucks tonight.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Even though we won tonight, D'Antoni is not using the bench enough. Nash had 37 and Marion, Stoudamire, and Bell all went over 40. Not good.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Heat would go places with Wade, but without him they ain't winning another game all year. The Heat should tank the rest of the season, first it was the eighth seed thing, but now, its the #1 pick thing.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Sorry Bulls fans but Wizards are beating you tonight even without Twan.
Do you think Antawn is your guys' most important player now? It seems that way at least.

And I love watching T-Mac and JJ play against one another. They make it look so easy.

Sadly, I'm starting to like what Morrison brings to the Bobcats. They need another post guy, but they should be on their way.

...And the Sonics are doing me proud. Keeping games close enough to keep morale up, but losing them on their way towards a high lottery pick.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:45 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Quote:
Do you think Antawn is your guys' most important player now? It seems that way at least.

And I love watching T-Mac and JJ play against one another. They make it look so easy.

Sadly, I'm starting to like what Morrison brings to the Bobcats. They need another post guy, but they should be on their way.

...And the Sonics are doing me proud. Keeping games close enough to keep morale up, but losing them on their way towards a high lottery pick.
Most important , what a silly statement but he is very good 3rd best player on the team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:55 AM    (permalink

The Pacers got killed last night. This season is going to be exactly like the last few for them. They'll get a 6 or 7 seed, take it to game 6 and lose. Carlisle needs to be fired ASAP, he's not the coach that Donny thought he was when he brought him in.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:08 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Most important , what a silly statement but he is very good 3rd best player on the team.
Oh GS, what happened man? And don't give me the Twan excuse. Nocioni, probably our 3rd best scorer was out as well. Wow, my Bulls knock off your Hawks and now your Wiz. It's been a good week my friend (and no I'm not gloating).:P

Like I've said all along, if we can put 4 quarters of consistent basketball together on a regular basis, IMO we're a top 2 team in the East, and possibly better than Detroit. But our problem is we aren't consistent and we have lulls during games where we let teams back in, like last night.

Oh btw, anyone now see why we didn't trade Luol Deng? Also I think Ben Gordon is gone this offseason, just a hunch. When he doesn't score he's useless out on the court. I'm not trying to bash him but he's so one-dimensional. I mean he tries on defense but he just can't do it. And I don't like him running the point either. Just score Ben, that's all you have to do. At least if Kirk isn't scoring he gives you great defense, a good rebounder, a heady player, and a player who can get you 10 dimes a game.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh GS, what happened man? And don't give me the Twan excuse. Nocioni, probably our 3rd best scorer was out as well. Wow, my Bulls knock off your Hawks and now your Wiz. It's been a good week my friend (and no I'm not gloating).:P

Like I've said all along, if we can put 4 quarters of consistent basketball together on a regular basis, IMO we're a top 2 team in the East, and possibly better than Detroit. But our problem is we aren't consistent and we have lulls during games where we let teams back in, like last night.

Oh btw, anyone now see why we didn't trade Luol Deng? Also I think Ben Gordon is gone this offseason, just a hunch. When he doesn't score he's useless out on the court. I'm not trying to bash him but he's so one-dimensional. I mean he tries on defense but he just can't do it. And I don't like him running the point either. Just score Ben, that's all you have to do. At least if Kirk isn't scoring he gives you great defense, a good rebounder, a heady player, and a player who can get you 10 dimes a game.
Its like this... Since twan is out in order for us to win we need both Gilbert and Caron to score 25+ Caron had a bad game so there wasnt anyway for us to win. If we had Twan we only need two scorers +20 and the other can be in the 15-20 range. We are a jumpshot team and when we have someone not hitting shots we arent gonna win. Stevensons been picking up the slack and last night he also did not perform. Antawn is our 2nd best player IMO. Hes our Captain alot of what he does is behind the scenes in the lockeroom and I think we are missing that. Also Sweetness dont give me that Noicioni crap. He and Jamison are not on the same level and even if they were your team has far more depth at that position than the Wiz do. Noicioni your 3rd best player? More like 5th get real. Be happy you won and stop trying to make it seem like you are riddled with injuries and this was an amazing win because of that. Noicioni is a solid role player but hes far from a difference maker. If hes out its not going to cost your team to go on a losing streak or anything like that. Its like you always have to make a win seem like it was an amazing feat and you had all this stuff against you and your team still prevailed. Than when you lose you have all the excuses in the world.

Plain and simple...The BUlls played great perimeter defense last night and everyone except Gilbert had a hard time finding an open shot. There weakness of not having a low post threat was not a problem because the Wizards are like the bulls in the sense that we rely on Jump shots and we do not have that inside prescense to put down easy shots(especially since jamison is gone but even he falls in love with the 3 pt shot sometimes) because of this the game was able to be turned into a jumpshot contest and whoever played better perimeter D, Didnt turn the ball over, and hit their shots would win and that was the Bulls. The wizards are a good matchup for the Bulls because of this. We are willing to shoot with you, a team like detroit is going to take your misses and turn them into easy 2's at the hoop. You still have nobody to make the easy 2's. Neither do the Wiz for that matter but we didn't have the pieces to trade for Gasol either. All and all the Bulls played a great game and capitalized on all the Wiz's mistakes(even though they almost gave it up near the end ) Good game though, big win. (we are still higher than you in the standings though So dont go calling 2nd best team in the east until you are there :twisted:)
Old 02-24-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Its like this... Since twan is out in order for us to win we need both Gilbert and Caron to score 25+ Caron had a bad game so there wasnt anyway for us to win. If we had Twan we only need two scorers +20 and the other can be in the 15-20 range. We are a jumpshot team and when we have someone not hitting shots we arent gonna win. Stevensons been picking up the slack and last night he also did not perform. Antawn is our 2nd best player IMO. Hes our Captain alot of what he does is behind the scenes in the lockeroom and I think we are missing that. Also Sweetness dont give me that Noicioni crap. He and Jamison are not on the same level and even if they were your team has far more depth at that position than the Wiz do. Noicioni your 3rd best player? More like 5th get real. Be happy you won and stop trying to make it seem like you are riddled with injuries and this was an amazing win because of that. Noicioni is a solid role player but hes far from a difference maker. If hes out its not going to cost your team to go on a losing streak or anything like that. Its like you always have to make a win seem like it was an amazing feat and you had all this stuff against you and your team still prevailed. Than when you lose you have all the excuses in the world.

Plain and simple...The BUlls played great perimeter defense last night and everyone except Gilbert had a hard time finding an open shot. There weakness of not having a low post threat was not a problem because the Wizards are like the bulls in the sense that we rely on Jump shots and we do not have that inside prescense to put down easy shots(especially since jamison is gone but even he falls in love with the 3 pt shot sometimes) because of this the game was able to be turned into a jumpshot contest and whoever played better perimeter D, Didnt turn the ball over, and hit their shots would win and that was the Bulls. The wizards are a good matchup for the Bulls because of this. We are willing to shoot with you, a team like detroit is going to take your misses and turn them into easy 2's at the hoop. You still have nobody to make the easy 2's. Neither do the Wiz for that matter but we didn't have the pieces to trade for Gasol either. All and all the Bulls played a great game and capitalized on all the Wiz's mistakes(even though they almost gave it up near the end ) Good game though, big win. (we are still higher than you in the standings though So dont go calling 2nd best team in the east until you are there :twisted:)
I said Noc was our 3rd best SCORER! He's probably the 4th or 5th best player on this team. Come on now Charm, help a brotha out man.

I'm not calling us the 2nd best team in the East right , I'm saying if we can finally put 4 good quarters together on a consistent basis, we are a top 2 team in the East. I mean we had you guys down by 14, let you back in, and then got back up by 15 again. We just can't seem to put teams away.

I've said it all along and no one believes me. If we can play up to our potential, we can take the East without a doubt. Point and case (knock on wood) but we're something like 8-1 against the CENTRAL division this season. That's right, one loss in 9 games. We've dominated the toughest division in the East. And all it takes is for us to get on a run and gain confidence. Sunday will be a nice guage to see where we're at though. A win against Detroit and I think you HAVE to put us near the top of the East, regardless of our record. We've knocked off both the Cavs and the Wiz since the All-Star break by double digits.

Anywho, Tyrus Thomas is incredible man. My god. You see that foul he had on Haywood where he jumped over his back off of his missed shot? Did you also see his sick block on Blatche? :shock: This kid has sooooo much upside. In about 2 more years (after this season), I think he's an impact player. Next season he'll be better offensively, the year after that he'll start coming into his own, and by his 4th season... :shock:

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I said Noc was our 3rd best SCORER! He's probably the 4th or 5th best player on this team. Come on now Charm, help a brotha out man.

I'm not calling us the 2nd best team in the East right , I'm saying if we can finally put 4 good quarters together on a consistent basis, we are a top 2 team in the East. I mean we had you guys down by 14, let you back in, and then got back up by 15 again. We just can't seem to put teams away.

I've said it all along and no one believes me. If we can play up to our potential, we can take the East without a doubt. Point and case (knock on wood) but we're something like 8-1 against the CENTRAL division this season. That's right, one loss in 9 games. We've dominated the toughest division in the East. And all it takes is for us to get on a run and gain confidence. Sunday will be a nice guage to see where we're at though. A win against Detroit and I think you HAVE to put us near the top of the East, regardless of our record. We've knocked off both the Cavs and the Wiz since the All-Star break by double digits.

Anywho, Tyrus Thomas is incredible man. My god. You see that foul he had on Haywood where he jumped over his back off of his missed shot? Did you also see his sick block on Blatche? :shock: This kid has sooooo much upside. In about 2 more years (after this season), I think he's an impact player. Next season he'll be better offensively, the year after that he'll start coming into his own, and by his 4th season... :shock:
Theres no doubt I think your a top team in the east but I look at the east like this. Detroit is the clear cut number one. than the Wiz, Bulls, and Cavs are all globbed together in a little group. One team is clearly number 2 one night than on hte next night they look like they wont make it out of the first round. All 3 teams have potential to go on a hot streak and get to the finals and its very possible one of those teams could do it. But in my heart of hearts I do not see it happening. None of those 3 teams have stepped up as the clear cut number 2 team. So since no one has stepped up the 2nd seeded team is DC But really its more like 2a, 2b, and 2c. The east is a mess. One of those teams will be in the easter conference finals, one will be eliminated in the 2nd round, and one will be sent home in the first round IMO

But really I have no faith in the Wiz to do anything this post season. We just dont have all the pieces to the puzzle. We lack a low post scorer, and defender for that matter. We just are not consistant enough. I'll be pulling for them but I just dont see it going nowhere. I think GIlbert will put the team on his back and get us through the first round than we will be sent home in the 2nd.

Also about Thomas he is showing flashses of potential, he just needs to develop some sort of offensive game. A player im loving on the Wiz is Andray Blatche. Kid has stepped up from 12th man to starter in Jamisons absence and is showing alot of potential. Hes a future starter in DC and maybe even all star one day.

Another thing. None of the east teams are going to do anything if they cant win on the road. Detroit is the only eastern team that has a winning record on the road. Thats pathetic.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Theres no doubt I think your a top team in the east but I look at the east like this. Detroit is the clear cut number one. than the Wiz, Bulls, and Cavs are all globbed together in a little group. One team is clearly number 2 one night than on hte next night they look like they wont make it out of the first round. All 3 teams have potential to go on a hot streak and get to the finals and its very possible one of those teams could do it. But in my heart of hearts I do not see it happening. None of those 3 teams have stepped up as the clear cut number 2 team. So since no one has stepped up the 2nd seeded team is DC But really its more like 2a, 2b, and 2c. The east is a mess. One of those teams will be in the easter conference finals, one will be eliminated in the 2nd round, and one will be sent home in the first round IMO

But really I have no faith in the Wiz to do anything this post season. We just dont have all the pieces to the puzzle. We lack a low post scorer, and defender for that matter. We just are not consistant enough. I'll be pulling for them but I just dont see it going nowhere. I think GIlbert will put the team on his back and get us through the first round than we will be sent home in the 2nd.

Also about Thomas he is showing flashses of potential, he just needs to develop some sort of offensive game. A player im loving on the Wiz is Andray Blatche. Kid has stepped up from 12th man to starter in Jamisons absence and is showing alot of potential. Hes a future starter in DC and maybe even all star one day.

Another thing. None of the east teams are going to do anything if they cant win on the road. Detroit is the only eastern team that has a winning record on the road. Thats pathetic.
Honestly, I don't even think Detroit is the CLEAR CUT #1 team in the East. They may be better than the rest of the field, but I certainly think they're beatable. It's not like Phoenix and Dallas out West who are without a doubt the class of that conference.

But yes I'll agree.

1) Detroit
2A) Chicago
2B) Cleveland
2C) Washington

Then the rest of the field.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Detroit can be beaten. Any team can be beaten. But they are just the most complete team. They have the most experience, they have prettty much everything it takes. I think the Spurs are going to win it all though they are a bit under the radar and they might be the most fundamentally sound team in the league. They are also probably the deepest team in the league.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No doubt Tyrus Thomas is a freak athlete but to say he will develop into more than a Darius Miles is a longshot, I mean right now he might have the worst jump shot in the NBA, he really needs to put in hours to become an average shooter.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No doubt Tyrus Thomas is a freak athlete but to say he will develop into more than a Darius Miles is a longshot, I mean right now he might have the worst jump shot in the NBA, he really needs to put in hours to become an average shooter.
YEah but you can see that the form is there. They need to hire a master at shooting to spend hour and hours with him sort of like how Kareem helped develop Bynum. I think the only way he becomes an allstar caliber player is at SF hes too undersized for PF and he needs some sort of shot to play SF.

Right now he is a less developed Hakim Warrick at PF. If he develops his shot he can be a Shawn Marion clone with better shot blocking skills.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But yes I'll agree.

1) Detroit
2A) Chicago
2B) Cleveland
2C) Washington

what about the hottest team in the EAST

THE TORONTO RAPTORS

THe raps hold the best 1-2 PG punch in the league( barbosa is not a PG)
They have on the top big men in the league with CB4
They have instant O of the bench with Bargnani, who gets better every game
They have solid D in the starting 5 with Garbo and parker, and graham of the bench
Rasho is actually playing well, and played great D on Jermaine last night
THe raps also probably have the best chemistry out of any team, except maybe the suns
They ahve a coach who all the players love
THey have the best GM in the league without a doubt
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
Quote:

But yes I'll agree.

1) Detroit
2A) Chicago
2B) Cleveland
2C) Washington

what about the hottest team in the EAST

THE TORONTO RAPTORS

THe raps hold the best 1-2 PG punch in the league( barbosa is not a PG)
They have on the top big men in the league with CB4
They have instant O of the bench with Bargnani, who gets better every game
They have solid D in the starting 5 with Garbo and parker, and graham of the bench
Rasho is actually playing well, and played great D on Jermaine last night
THe raps also probably have the best chemistry out of any team, except maybe the suns
They ahve a coach who all the players love
THey have the best GM in the league without a doubt
They have no playoff experience.
If Chris Bosh has an off night in hte playoffs they are going to lose.
So that means Chris Bosh is going to have to play perfectly every game for them to make a run in the playoffs.
Besides Ford and Bosh they dont have anybody spectacular.
They are just too young all together.

I have been one of the biggest non canadian supporter of the Raptors ( aka most realistic about their chances in the playoffs). They are a good young team that will make the playoffs. They are the 5-6th best team in the east and will be lucky to make it into the 2nd round. They are not a serious threat at the championship at all. If by somehow they made it to the finals (so unlikely that it hurts) A team like Dallas, SA, or Phoenix would 4-0 them in one of the most boring NBA fiinals ever.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
YEah but you can see that the form is there. They need to hire a master at shooting to spend hour and hours with him sort of like how Kareem helped develop Bynum. I think the only way he becomes an allstar caliber player is at SF hes too undersized for PF and he needs some sort of shot to play SF.

Right now he is a less developed Hakim Warrick at PF. If he develops his shot he can be a Shawn Marion clone with better shot blocking skills.
Yeah #1 most important thing is he needs to gain confidence in his shot, right now every time he shoots it, he knows it's gonna be bad.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Oh I know that. But he'll develop a shot. He's already shown that he can knock it down. This offseason his low post moves and his shot will be the focus.

But with TT, he's so athletic right now he can make an impact on both ends of the floor. I just salivate at the thought of him developing an offensive game. :shock:

Which is why I said in about 2 years he'll be ready to make an impact IMO.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah #1 most important thing is he needs to gain confidence in his shot, right now every time he shoots it, he knows it's gonna be bad.
Yeah it sort of reminds me of Blatches development. Earlier this year Blatche had no clue when to shoot or where to shoot from. Hes progressing alot and right now he is giving me high hopes that his progression will continue and he will be a stud player soon. Like Thomas his athleticism makes me drool. Hes a 6'11 guys who runs the court like hes a 6'8 SG. Hes got the beginnings of an outside shot and right now is playing like he could possibly one day be a poor mans Dirk Nowitzki
Old 02-24-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As much I hate to admit it it's true. Haha he shoots it and as soon as he lets it go he goes sprinting toward the hoop. It's the funniest thing.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Do Bulls fans regret not taking Lamarcus, because yes Tyrus has the highest celing out of any player in the draft but Lamarcus would give them low post scoring and really help for winning a championship right now.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Do Bulls fans regret not taking Lamarcus, because yes Tyrus has the highest celing out of any player in the draft but Lamarcus would give them low post scoring and really help for winning a championship right now.
Not really. I think even though Tyrus was a tweener, he was way to talented to pass up. And actually, even though he's a tweener, I think in about 3 years he'll be able to go down on the block and post up. He needs some strength though.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference is that Blatche could always shoot and make the bucket. His range goes all the way out to 3 point range where he has shown that he can hit it consistently. Thomas could never shoot anything beyond a lay up. I remember during the predraft workouts how everyone was talking about how well Tyrus could shoot. I never bought it... He never showed it at LSU. I have my doubts that he'll ever be a jump shooter. Seriously.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote