Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-24-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stella Artois or Blue Moon tonight? I'm not trying to get drunk, splitting a 12 with a buddy, just trying some beers I've never had. Yes, I've never had either.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
thanks for putting words in my mouth. please feel free to point out anywhere i remotely implied that.

because they DON'T taste anywhere near delicious, and the fruit is there to cover up the beer's deficiencies (in this case, no doubt duckseason will come in and remind me of some other kind of beer where it does matter etc etc). blue moon, and by my own implication, corona, are comparable to any other coors-like beer, they just come with crappy druit to make them "taste better."
You can have Blue Moon with the fruit and it's still pretty good. If I'm going to go that route I'll go with Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
thanks for putting words in my mouth. please feel free to point out anywhere i remotely implied that.

because they DON'T taste anywhere near delicious, and the fruit is there to cover up the beer's deficiencies (in this case, no doubt duckseason will come in and remind me of some other kind of beer where it does matter etc etc). blue moon, and by my own implication, corona, are comparable to any other coors-like beer, they just come with crappy druit to make them "taste better."
I agree, I don't put fruit in my beers(except Blue Moon, and it is to cover up the deficiencies and I only get Blue Moon when there aren't any good beers to get.) But I mostly get Stouts, IPAs, or good hefeweizens.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
$8.99 for 12 good beers is fine with me
Is beer really that cheap in Minnesota? In Michigan a 6-pack of Blue Moon usually runs $7.99 or $8.49.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can put down my fair share of beers but I loathe drinking more than 2-3 wheat beers as they give me the worst headache/hangover. Maybe once a year I'll get a craving for one though...
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to know where to get a 12 pack for $8.99.... not in my town in MN. :(

I also like Blue Moon, with or without fruit.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Building off the the Blue Moon thought; wheats are my favorites.

I am impatiently waiting for the return of my favorite beer of all:

The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too am a big fan of Oberon.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Stella Artois or Blue Moon tonight? I'm not trying to get drunk, splitting a 12 with a buddy, just trying some beers I've never had. Yes, I've never had either.
both good, but I prefer Stella.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Is beer really that cheap in Minnesota? In Michigan a 6-pack of Blue Moon usually runs $7.99 or $8.49.
I live in a college town where there is about 30 liquor stores in a 6 mile radius... so the competition is ridiculous. Around my house in the Cities it's more along the lines of what you pay.

EDIT : Also, here, you pretty much just have to look like you are in college and they will sell you booze.

Last edited by djp : 03-26-2009 at 03:40 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've been downing english imports lately.

lots. and lots. and lots of ESB's. i've come to the conclusion that esb's are my favorite beer style.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

couple quick questions:

1) $6-something for Yeti 750ml, is that a fair price?
2) Dogfish Head 120 minute is $9 for a 12oz bottle at my local seller. I've never had it, should I drop the cash and try it or look for a cheaper deal?
3) Dogfish Head Red & White: worth trying? They've yet to let me down so I am tempted.
4) Are any of the Bear Republic brews good?

Anyway, tonight I am feeling home sick so it's all Stone brews for me.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
couple quick questions:

1) $6-something for Yeti 750ml, is that a fair price?
2) Dogfish Head 120 minute is $9 for a 12oz bottle at my local seller. I've never had it, should I drop the cash and try it or look for a cheaper deal?
3) Dogfish Head Red & White: worth trying? They've yet to let me down so I am tempted.

$9 is a good price for the 120. It's worth trying at least once.

The Red & White is my favorite of the beers they put out in 750ml bottles.

Which Bear Republics can you get your hands on? The best I've had from them was a stout I can't remember the name of. Had it on tap. It's pretty good stuff and cheaper than most of the other options out there in 22oz bottles.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

found a can of old speckled hen...

nice malty smooth drinking little thing... i think i got burnt out of hop-destroyers, and like easy drinking malty beers... its not too yeasty, and not too bready, the right pinch of sour and sweet...

Old 03-27-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
found a can of old speckled hen...
I can buy it in the can here. I might try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Which Bear Republics can you get your hands on? The best I've had from them was a stout I can't remember the name of. Had it on tap. It's pretty good stuff and cheaper than most of the other options out there in 22oz bottles.
I saw at least 4 types. I am pretty sure I saw the stout, so I'll give that a go.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

For Bear Republic you could try:

Hop Rod Rye Ale
Racer X Strong Ale
Big Bear Black Stout
Racer 5
Rocket Red Ale

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikes99ej is doing his own Case Day tomorrow, so wish him luck.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I can buy it in the can here. I might try it.

I saw at least 4 types. I am pretty sure I saw the stout, so I'll give that a go.
it's too easy to drink. too mellow for most hop-heads taste... but. for the price (idk what i paid for it), it was nice.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Vikes99ej is doing his own Case Day tomorrow, so wish him luck.
Will be tough for you to live up to Brent's thread. You need to post lots of videos and picture proof. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Will be tough for you to live up to Brent's thread. You need to post lots of videos and picture proof. Good luck.
Not going quite as hardcore as Brent, only a 24 of Keystone (I know I know). It should still be a challenge, though. I will try to keep you guys updated.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Ugh, like 12 twelve down.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

I like widmer! I have recently fallen in love with wheat beers, just a nice taste on my taste buds.
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

Anyone prefer their beer warm? like room tempature? I have never tried it that way, I have always been an ice cold kinda guy!
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hey guys just wondering, anybody prefer their girls to be ugly? I've always liked mine to be pretty.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing goes better with warm beer than ugly girls.