Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vegeta is easily the best character the show. He is developed the most throughout and is just such a huge badass. Goku ain't got **** on him. On the movie I know it will be god-awful but it is DBZ so I have no choice but to see it.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after frieza, the show got lame (IMO). Dragonball/early Z>>>>Z and GT
Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr. Popo is the single most frightening being in all existance.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Seriously? I completely disagree. GT was the worst of the bunch (still great though), but everything from the start of the Android saga on in Z was incredible. Give me the Cell Games and Majin Buu over just about everything other than the Saiyan saga. Far better than original Dragonball IMO (even though it was good too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Seriously? I completely disagree. GT was the worst of the bunch (still great though), but everything from the start of the Android saga on in Z was incredible. Give me the Cell Games and Majin Buu over just about everything other than the Saiyan saga. Far better than original Dragonball IMO (even though it was good too).
Cell and Android saga was so ridiculous, ohh we are invincible no matter wat you do u can not kill us. Ohh whats that you came from the future ahahhaha, you can't kill me.....bunch of crap happens i stopped watching after Trunks came.

I liked everything up till then, when the Frezza saga ended it should have ended there. Though Goku going super sain was cool, but then the whole Cell invincible thing was crazy.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know that amongst the hardcore fans the consensus is that the Frieza saga, with the emergence of the Super Saiyana and all was the zenith of DBZ, but I didn't get into it until the Android Saga, and I watched from there all the way to the Majin Buu saga before backtracking.

So for me, Super Saiyans and all that was 'normal'. But I do love the Frieza & Saiyan Sagas as well. Hell I even adored GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Mr. Popo is the single most frightening being in all existance.
you, the dirt, the worms that live in the dirt, popo's stool, kami, popo.

The Namekians are awesome too:

"NAIL!!"
- "yes?"
"I saw a fish. That is all. Go back outside"

<nail complains about how boring namek is>

"NAIL"
- "WHAT?!"
"I saw a bird. It was pretty. It kicks ass"

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started watching it way back in 98, when it used to come on early Sunday mornings, way before the move to Toonami. But for whatever reason the episodes used to end during the Frieza saga, when Goku first arrives and kills Rakoom, then it would go all the way back to the episode 1. Whatever, I still watched every episode. Good times.

And:

Best DBZ ever.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never seen the show lol. I've heard it's good though.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I know that amongst the hardcore fans the consensus is that the Frieza saga, with the emergence of the Super Saiyana and all was the zenith of DBZ, but I didn't get into it until the Android Saga, and I watched from there all the way to the Majin Buu saga before backtracking.
So for me, Super Saiyans and all that was 'normal'. But I do love the Frieza & Saiyan Sagas as well. Hell I even adored GT.

you, the dirt, the worms that live in the dirt, popo's stool, kami, popo.

The Namekians are awesome too:

"NAIL!!"
- "yes?"
"I saw a fish. That is all. Go back outside"

<nail complains about how boring namek is>

"NAIL"
- "WHAT?!"
"I saw a bird. It was pretty. It kicks ass"
It felt that the series got boring and repetitive. Goku defeats person who threatens earth (and has multiple forms). This person is just a lil stronger than the last enemy so goku needs to go to a next level of super saiyajin. Goku and gang defeat enemy...now repeat. The fight scenes got very boring and repititive too.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only read the mangas, and they were great. Shows were just loud screaming all over the place.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, up until the Frieza Saga was more inspired for sure. After that it got a bit formulaic...but with that many episodes what can you expect? Akira Toriyama said multiple times he was burnt out. If you look at the progression from Dragon Ball to GT(which he wasn't even involved in that much) you can kind of see that part of it died along the way. That's ok though. It was still absolutely fantastic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DBZ was suppose to end after the Frieza Saga, but since it caught on so well they just kept rolling with it.

Come on GT, i wish Goku into a child....really, ******* really, a child, ***** the balls can make any wish come true and you pick child. Clearly they made up GT out of their ass.

Anyone watch anything else?
I am watching Bleach, also you should try Code Geass
Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please don't ever let me see another troll reference again. I'm seriously scarred for life, and that was back in November.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were a superhero I would be Broly. His power is maximum.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Please don't ever let me see another troll reference again. I'm seriously scarred for life, and that was back in November.
what you talks about voodoo
Old 04-03-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Its really that bad. Think about how bad Disaster movie was. And Ready 2 Rumble. And Troll 2. Then add on an extra helping of bad. And that's how good the best parts of the movie used in the trailer are.
This movie is to never be mentioned again. It doesn't exist!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greatness this show was.....Anyone remember the draft we had...

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, Broly is the most bad ass of all the DBZ characters. The movies with him are awesome. Bio-Brolly isn't that good, but it isn't bad.

I agree that GT was the worst, but definitely can't agree that Dragonball was better than Z at any point really. Come on, there were no Saiyajins (outside of chibi Goku) and the big baddies were chumps like Yamcha & Tien. The movie also looks like rubbish, no one looks anywhere close their cartoon versions. Freaking Piccolo is off white.

And Bleach is literally the current day DBZ. The shows are similar in so many facets. Bleach will go on and on forever with episodes. Every new arc they must face slightly more powerful opponents and reach all new levels of power! Bankai=SSJ. Most fights take 2-3 episodes because they spend more time talking to each other than fighting. They still havent learned the meaning of 'montage' and continue to devote multiple episodes to training. Kenpachi is the man though. He is basically Broly however.

El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

besides for being buff, what was so great about Broly? I always thought his character was lame. No personality whatsoever, boring.

Dragon ball was a much more creative and fun show. It never got boring, had plenty of surprises and new ideas instead of just recycling the same ideas every saga (DBZ). .

Early DBZ was the ish though, loved it, made me a fan.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broly was great because he blew **** up better than anyone else. He fought everyone at once! He was literally the definition of destruction, come on man, hes the god damn Legendary Super Saiyajin!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are Dragonball Z cards from Japan in the 80's worth anything?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Broly was great because he blew **** up better than anyone else. He fought everyone at once! He was literally the definition of destruction, come on man, hes the god damn Legendary Super Saiyajin!
Did he really, Freeza and vegeta blew up planets with one blast :) (bad writing by toriyama).
Old 04-03-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did he really, Freeza and vegeta blew up planets with one blast :) (bad writing by toriyama).
Bah! Freeza was a *****, took me like 30 episodes to figure out Freeza's damn sex. I remember Vegeta's Big Bang Attack on the planet, wasnt that in the VERY start of DBZ when him and Nappa? stopped at some planet randomly while Goku & Raditz were still going at it.

But still, Broly did fight Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, Trunks, & Piccolo all at once and they couldnt kill him.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bah! Freeza was a *****, took me like 30 episodes to figure out Freeza's damn sex. I remember Vegeta's Big Bang Attack on the planet, wasnt that in the VERY start of DBZ when him and Nappa? stopped at some planet randomly while Goku & Raditz were still going at it.

But still, Broly did fight Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, Trunks, & Piccolo all at once and they couldnt kill him.
I thought they did (goku punched him in the gut, lol).
Old 04-03-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yes, Broly is the most bad ass of all the DBZ characters. The movies with him are awesome. Bio-Brolly isn't that good, but it isn't bad.

I agree that GT was the worst, but definitely can't agree that Dragonball was better than Z at any point really. Come on, there were no Saiyajins (outside of chibi Goku) and the big baddies were chumps like Yamcha & Tien. The movie also looks like rubbish, no one looks anywhere close their cartoon versions. Freaking Piccolo is off white.

And Bleach is literally the current day DBZ. The shows are similar in so many facets. Bleach will go on and on forever with episodes. Every new arc they must face slightly more powerful opponents and reach all new levels of power! Bankai=SSJ. Most fights take 2-3 episodes because they spend more time talking to each other than fighting. They still havent learned the meaning of 'montage' and continue to devote multiple episodes to training. Kenpachi is the man though. He is basically Broly however.

Bleach is much better, if they took out the stupid ass filers then you would be like ohh **** this is awesome. And some fight scenes they extend on to much. In Bleach you have the good guy turn bad and make a whole new regime, he was just playing everyone. They already have reached the new level of power they just don't know how to control it. And they had Bankai from the start. Then again I guess it is similar, each sword has a release = SJ, and then Bankai = SSJ.