Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 01-20-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ladainian Tomlinson & 09 Draft

LT is 30 now which is normally the age for a running back to start slowing down. You guys think he can produce a couple more good years (1,000+ yards, 10+ TDS) or do you think we need to invest a draft pick at RB in the 09 Draft.

Sproles proved that he can be a great RB but I still cant see him carrying a full load. I think he should have the role the Jets give L. Washington.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

I really have a hard time seeing us keep Sproles. AJ just isn't gonna dish out the money that Sproles will command. So, an addition through the draft or free agency will be necessary. I'm really not very familiar right now with any prospects so i can't give any names at the moment.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bolts will have to grab a running back in the draft. Yes latey it has been proven that good RB are not only found in the 1st round which is why im not sure if I want the bolts to draft a RB early. If Wells is available (impossible) then absolutly draft him and if Knowshon is I would say think about it. I dont think any other RB are worth there pick in the 1st round.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
darkhorse21
Rookie

darkhorse21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I say try and trade back into the second and get one of the many backs that will be available there. But i would not mind drafting Wells in the first and maybe Moreno
darkhorse21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Draft either Beanie Wells or Knowsean Moreno.

Sign a back up Free Agent. Someone like LaMont Jordan would be good enough for depth.

Trade LT. Take whatever you can possibly get. A year or two from now he's gonna be in Shaun Alexander territory.
HellonEarth84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we can get a decent RB in later rounds we address a diff need with out 1st pick. LT can still put up good numbers, even when he was recovering from an injury, with no fullback or o-line he still put up a 1000 yard season, dont think we need to panic.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I think we can get a decent RB in later rounds we address a diff need with out 1st pick. LT can still put up good numbers, even when he was recovering from an injury, with no fullback or o-line he still put up a 1000 yard season, dont think we need to panic.
Bantx, I agre with you 100% here. Watching the Senior Bowl right now, and I think Andre Brown looks powerful for the South and Jeremiah Johnson looks quick and explosive for the North.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default LT will be fine

LT will beback to 1200+ yards, 10 + TD's.....I believe he will take a pay cut to make a run at a Lombardi. AJ will beef up the Oline to help LT back to success.

Sproles or someone else (we may draft another middle rounder) will continue to back up the franchise.

I do worry about LT in 2010 and beyond, but not 2009, he has tons of motivation to prove the critics wrong in 2009, and with his training regimen....he can get back to prominence.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So theres talk about LT could take a pay cut like I expected to resign other players back. Even with that I still dont think Sproles has a slight chance of staying, I said this before that if he is offered an opportunity for a starting position he will take it. He has stated before he wanted to be that main back and when given the opportunity i cant see him turning it down.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think it would be better to get Wells/Moreno or Maualuga in the first round?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

rey rey

asdasdasd

Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Do you guys think it would be better to get Wells/Moreno or Maualuga in the first round?
I am not big on Moreno at all. I wouldn't throw a revolt if Wells or Maualuga was the pick. Ultimately I'd be very pissed if we passed on one of the top 4 OTs though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I am not big on Moreno at all. I wouldn't throw a revolt if Wells or Maualuga was the pick. Ultimately I'd be very pissed if we passed on one of the top 4 OTs though.
Agreed. At this point, I'm thinking OL or bust. Even if the top 4 are gone, Eben Britton may grade out high enough for the Chargers at #16, and he has experience playing RT or LT. If LT comes back, and it looks like there's a better chance of him coming back than existed 3 weeks ago, the Chargers have to maximize him by upgrading the OL.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would trade LT. He's sat out the playoffs the past 2 years. Has questionable leadership and seems to be declining.

Get whatever you can for him. Draft a Running Back in the 1st or 2nd this year.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
I would trade LT. He's sat out the playoffs the past 2 years. Has questionable leadership and seems to be declining.

Get whatever you can for him. Draft a Running Back in the 1st or 2nd this year.
He was hurt. And he has historically underperformed when injured. A few years back, he tried to play through a rib injury (inflicted by a punch in a pileup with the Raiders ) and failed to make any impact at all. With Sproles and Turner behind him it was better for him to sit. Now, having said that, I agree that he's past it. It was so annoying last year to see a disgustingly predictable 1 or 2 yard run average on every first down. Too bad Turner was let go for nothing and Hester was drafted for a mid-second.
UncleHulka is offline   Reply With Quote