Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-02-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
its more about where they put the ball and how hard they are throwing it.
Like I said, I think any 1st round QB prospect should be able to place a ball with no pads & no defenders around. QB's arm strengths have also been figured out before they get to the combine & workouts. Im doubting the Lions brass just found out that Stafford has a strong arm.

I just find QB workouts utterly useless. I don't think you learn anything at all from them. I don't much care about what a QB looks like jogging around their practice field in a t-shirt tossing passes to open WR. What new, useful, information are you going to find that watching actual game tape from a few months ago isn't going to tell you?
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...tString=0-9-44

So this article is chalked full of stats for you detailed draftniks out there who are drooling over Stafford. Listen, first round QB's who come out early miss waaaay more than they hit. Akili Smith & Jim Drunkenmiller is not good company to be sandwiched between for Stafford. I'm not trying to be a downer b/c with Cutler gone he is looking like our guy ... I would love to eat crow in 1 year but I'm just presenting the facts with this article and it's research on first round QB's.
I don't know this guy (European, forgive me) but please tell me his name was actually "'Jim Miller" and that he was an alcoholic, making for an awesome nickname that people now use as his last name? Please?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Like I said, I think any 1st round QB prospect should be able to place a ball with no pads & no defenders around. QB's arm strengths have also been figured out before they get to the combine & workouts. Im doubting the Lions brass just found out that Stafford has a strong arm.

I just find QB workouts utterly useless. I don't think you learn anything at all from them. I don't much care about what a QB looks like jogging around their practice field in a t-shirt tossing passes to open WR. What new, useful, information are you going to find that watching actual game tape from a few months ago isn't going to tell you?
how about how they look in a t-shirt?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
Stafford isn't a junior in the normal sense.

He has more starting experience than Matt Ryan did coming out of BC and he entered UGA a semester early (giving him an extra off season).
Um dude ... that's a total stretch. Fact is he is an underclassman (whether by football eligibility or college credits) Any team (in particular one that is coming off 0-16) should not roll the dice on a Junior QB based on the past 10 years of facts in the NFL. If they go with Stafford he rides the pines behind Culpepper for at least part of this season which is unacceptable for #1 overall pick. I think they can snag 5 guys who can play/start from day 1 within the top 85 players and address QB next years draft or in FA.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Um dude ... that's a total stretch. Fact is he is an underclassman (whether by football eligibility or college credits) Any team (in particular one that is coming off 0-16) should not roll the dice on a Junior QB based on the past 10 years of facts in the NFL. If they go with Stafford he rides the pines behind Culpepper for at least part of this season which is unacceptable for #1 overall pick. I think they can snag 5 guys who can play/start from day 1 within the top 85 players and address QB next years draft or in FA.
great plan. Put it off. Make it next years problem. Don't draft a QB. We have done that for years and it worked gre--

yeah that's just silly.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-02-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Quote:
Um dude ... that's a total stretch.
How is that a stretch? The problem with Juniors is inexperience...Matthew Stafford has as much experience as Matt Ryan.

Quote:
Fact is he is an underclassman (whether by football eligibility or college credits) Any team (in particular one that is coming off 0-16) should not roll the dice on a Junior QB based on the past 10 years of facts in the NFL.
Are you trying to tell me that owning a college degree makes you a better NFL QB? The guy has all the advantage of being a senior (three years of starting experience) with the advantage of a junior (21 years old).
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
How is that a stretch? The problem with Juniors is inexperience...Matthew Stafford has as much experience as Matt Ryan.

Are you trying to tell me that owning a college degree makes you a better NFL QB? The guy has all the advantage of being a senior (three years of starting experience) with the advantage of a junior (21 years old).
i agree with that, inexperience is not a flaw with him
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
how about how they look in a t-shirt?
But that can result in more Andre Smith'esque performances. Do you really want more man boobs!?
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
But that can result in more Andre Smith'esque performances. Do you really want more man boobs!?
boobs are boobs man. I'll photoshop ladyfaces on them and I am good to go, if you know what I'm sayin' ;)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-03-2009, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I wouldn't expect any less. And look at the guy above me reaching for a reason to shoot down his great workout. Everyone knows on the field means more, but Stafford's pre-draft season has been amazing from this work out, to black board sessions to interviews etc.

He's not impressing the guys on NFL Network and in fact they are getting far more enthralled with Sanchez than Stafford. Mayock who has a strong record of being right about QB's lists Stafford in the 6-8 range as a prospect in this year's draft. Sanchez actually had a better pro day than Stafford according to those who attended.
Sanchez has a workout with us 2 weeks before the draft and believe me he is still in contention for blowing past Stafford for the #1 overall pick. Stafford simply hasn't shown the accuracy on film to indicate he is anything close to a guarantee and that is why he hasn't moved up draft boards beyond the 6-8 range.
Now Mayhew may well draft Stafford but face it Mayhew has no track record for assessing talent and our scouting department's record for assessing talent at any position is a joke, so if we draft Stafford, it is absolutely no sure thing he doesn't flop.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The owner of this site also has a pretty impressive track record as far as evaluating quarterbacks and he has Stafford as the #1 prospect in the draft!
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The owner of this site also has a pretty impressive track record as far as evaluating quarterbacks and he has Stafford as the #1 prospect in the draft!
Yeah but he didn't think Matt Ryan was going to be good like Mayock! Oh, wait.

I'm close to figuring out a way of filtering out the word "Mayock" until this draft is over (or until Stafford signs).
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayocks a BC guy. He'd be all over his junk regardless.

And just because Mayock got something riight in the past, doesn't mean he's right for the future. And 6th best prospect is fine if he's the best QB to come out in the next 2 years. We gotta take a QB sometime and Bradford would be the next best most likley, and I do not like spread QBs and Bradford is a junior as well. So we're getting a junior either way. Stafford has a butt load of starts, canon arm, good mental ability, good attitude, decent accuracy(seems correctable) and would be the most benefit for Calvin as a deep threat. Logic also says to take the QB, when one is staring you in the face, and logic also says a QB taking in 2009 will develop quicker than one taken in 2010.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i almost want to sit stafford for 2-3 years and piss him off so that he sets the nfl on fire when he finally does get a chance. hopefully daunte can get it done in the meantime.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
i almost want to sit stafford for 2-3 years and piss him off so that he sets the nfl on fire when he finally does get a chance. hopefully daunte can get it done in the meantime.
Know what's cool to think about if that were to happen? He'd only be 23 or 24.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNad View Post
Know what's cool to think about if that were to happen? He'd only be 23 or 24.
I think sitting Stafford for more than a year would be cruel to your team.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There are some throws that you aren't going to see a whole lot of on film, these are the ones where guys say "he can make all the throws", things like deep posts to the sideline.

Saying a guy can make all of the throws is dubious though, because just about all guys can make every throw, but you want to see how accurately and powerfully he can get the ball to these small pockets deep down the field, and watching him do it multiple times, even if it is just in shorts is nice to see, because even if he hasn't done it in game situations, you have something to work with.

As for NFL Network raving about Sanchez.... when haven't they slobbered on USC prospects?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock has Stafford going to the Lions in his latest mock. He must be on board now too.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMFG, Iamcanadian just jizzed his pants for Stafford now.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote