Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-19-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default coordinator0's 2009 Ravens Off-Season Needs

In my opinion, the Ravens needs for next season are as follows:

1. Cornerback - With McAlister and Walker potentially being cut, Rolle possibly retiring, and the Ravens not re-signing Martin, Ivy (god I hope not), or Oglesby, Baltimore could potentially have 1 corner left on the roster (Fabian). Now this is a highly unlikely scenario, but it still shows that we will need more depth next season. Personally, I would like to see us keep Rolle and Washington and cut/not re-sign everyone else. Our secondary needs a major re-vamping in the worst way. I know we are ranked 2nd in the league in pass defense, but our lack of talent at the depth of corners has led to at least 2 close game losses at the end (TEN and PIT). Dunta Robinson and Ronald Bartell would be the guys I would like Baltimore to pursue in the off-season.

Possible first round draft targets - Vontae Davis (if he falls), Mike Mickens, Trevard Lindley, Alphonso Smith, D.J. Moore, and Darius Butler.

2. Wide Receiver - Flacco needs another target in the WR corps, no doubt about it. If we keep Williams (he is a restricted free-agent) it would help, but he is so oft-injured that I still think this is a high-priority need. I don't see many/any good WR's on the free-agent market, so the draft may be the best way to go. Also, I think we need a bigger WR, at least one that can be a red-zone target. Smith hasn't shown he can be a factor the passing game and Figurs isn't a red-zone target at all, unless the screen game is heavily used.

Possible first round draft targets - Darrius Heyward-Bey, Jeremy Maclin (not the biggest guy, but he is 6'0 and goes over the middle to make catches), and Kenny Britt. I hope Percy Harvin isn't anywhere near the Ravens draft plans.

3. Offensive Line - This would be a right tackle to be exact. Terry and Anderson have done a decent job for the Ravens this year, but I think we should get a right tackle to solidify our line for the future. To me, Cousins is ultimately a guard and we know next to nothing about if Hale can be a tackle in the NFL. The only true upgrade at the tackle position in free-agency would be Jordan Gross, and I expect that he will be way out of the Ravens price range. Center could also be a concern if the Ravens are not able to re-sign Jason Brown.

Possible first round draft targets - Ciron Black, Phil Loadholt (I doubt he would get first round consideration, but who knows at this point), and possibly Jamon Meredith if he works his way up the draft boards. Alex Mack and Max Unger are both good candidates to replace Brown if he decides to leave Baltimore.

4. Defensive Line - Ngata is currently our only young defensive-lineman that is productive. We have guys like Divens and McKinney but to me they are just good depth guys. Add in that Gregg and Pryce are pushing retirement and Dwan Edwards is an unrestricted free-agent, this need could be pushed up to number 2 on my list. I am a firm believer in that you build your team in the trenches. There are a few possibilities in the free-agent market, but none of which I am comfortable in saying that they would be quality players to replace our potential retiree’s. A guy like Shaun Cody might do better by moving to a 3-4 defensive end instead of a 4-3 nose tackle/under tackle. There are two potential game-changers on the free-agent market in 2009, but Haynesworth and Peppers will undoubtedly be too expensive for Baltimore. Just think if either one of those two players made their way to the Ravens…

Potential first round draft targets – Tyson Jackson, B.J. Raji, and Peria Jerry are all great options in the first round. I would also add Vince Oghobaase to this list if he declared, and he would probably be my favorite of the bunch.

5. Tight End – If Todd Heap keeps performing like he has, although he’s done better recently, Baltimore could move him in the off-season. Depth is also a concern at this position because Wilcox and Sypniewski are both free-agents at the end of the year. Leonard Pope is the only starting caliber TE that I see on the market, and he will likely be tendered by Arizona because he’s a restricted free-agent.

Potential first round draft targets – Jermaine Gresham (if he declares) and Brandon Pettigrew are the only two TE’s worthy of a first round selection, and I would be happy if the Ravens got either of them (with Heap on the roster or not).

6. Kick Returner – I don’t believe Yamon Figurs has the vision/confidence to be a NFL kick-returner. Leonhard and Rice could fill that position but I think that we need someone else to fill that role, especially since I would like to not put Rice in that position because we need him more at RB. There are many guys in the free-agent market that could get consideration to be a kick-returner but none of them really catch my eye enough to list them.

Potential first round draft targets – Jeremy Maclin. I have him as a WR prospect for the Ravens also, and he would fill two positions of need for the Ravens. As I said before, I hope Percy Harvin is nowhere near the Ravens draft plans. A guy that could get consideration later is Marcus Thigpen, who could also be a unique weapon on offense for the Ravens.

7. Linebacker – We all know that Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, and Terrell Suggs are unrestricted free-agents next season. I expect to see at least two of those three mentioned back next year, and possibly all three (Bart Scott mentioned recently that he would like to stay in Baltimore because he has seen how others have performed when the left the Ravens, he said he also isn’t interested in being one of the highest paid LB’s, this was on ESPN’s First Take). We also have plenty of young talent at this position and I have a hard time believing that the Ravens would rather bring in a free-agent instead of starting one of our young guys.

Potential first round draft targets – Clint Sintim, Larry English, Brian Cushing, James Laurinitis, George Selvie (if he declares), Greg Hardy (if he declares), and Brandon Spikes (if he declares) could all be possible first round selection for the Ravens. To me, these picks are only made if one or more of our free-agent LB’s leave.

8. Fullback – Again, this is only if we don’t re-sign Neal or if he retires. McClain has shown that he is effective as a running back in the jumbo packages and he may need a breather during the game when he is in at FB. This may be an under-rated need for the Ravens if Neal retires; the Ravens have excelled when putting Neal and McClain back there and running it up the gut. The only free-agent FB that I see that is a great blocker is Terrelle Smith of the Cardinals.

There are no first round fullbacks, but guys late in the draft that should warrant consideration are Brannan Southerland, Jorvorskie Lane, Brock Bolen, Eric Kettani, and Tony Fiammetta.

9. Kicker/Punter – The only way we need a punter is if we don’t tender Koch, and I can’t see that scenario playing out. He is one of the best punter’s in the NFL and he is also young, he’ll be a Raven next year IMO. Kicker is a whole different story; partly because of Stover is a free-agent. There’s also the part where he is getting very old and his leg is leaving him, and I don’t see him as a Raven next year. Mike Nugent is the only possible free-agent kicker I see us getting and being an improvement over Hauschka. I would like to see us get a kicker in the draft as I don’t see Hauschka as our future kicker.

There are no first round kickers/punters, but guys late in the draft that should warrant consideration are Jose Martinez, Louie Sakoda, Ryan Succop, Sam Swank, and Graham Gano at the kicker position. Punters that may get consideration if Koch leaves are Kevin Huber and Chris Miller.

These are what position I think the Ravens have needs in next year, and as you can see I have left out quarterback, running back, offensive guard, safety, and long-snapper. The reason that I have left them out is that I believe we are set at that position with both youth and great talent. Feel free to criticize my opinions; I look forward to debating with you why I am right.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been saying it all along. we should get dunta robinson hope for heyward-bey sign suggs lewis let scott go and just get younger at positions were a little older at
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
ive been saying it all along. we should get dunta robinson hope for heyward-bey sign suggs lewis let scott go and just get younger at positions were a little older at
Id be really satisfied with that.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with rolle having another year and play dunta at #2 and have washington at 3 were good get heyward bey stretch the field
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My theory...

Re-sign
Suggs
Scott
Lewis
Demetrius Williams

Try to get Dunta but IDK if we got enough $ to go around.

in the draft we gotta go big play WR round 1 or round 2. And the rest of the draft I think we should just go D talent. We are pretty old at D and can use a lot of old talent.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
My theory...

Re-sign
Suggs
Scott
Lewis
Demetrius Williams
We don't have the cap room to sign those 4 to the deals that they all want.

Scott is 29 and is prolly gonna be gone from Baltimore. Suggs and Ray are gonna stay here. D-will is gonna get tendered, but since '06 he hasn't done anything to prove that he's worth a full deal, and i highly doubt nfl teams are giving him a serious look.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My theory...

Re-sign
Suggs
Scott
Lewis
Demetrius Williams

Try to get Dunta but IDK if we got enough $ to go around.

in the draft we gotta go big play WR round 1 or round 2. And the rest of the draft I think we should just go D talent. We are pretty old at D and can use a lot of old talent.
Screw Scott I really don't care for him as a raven anymore. He's gotta go and we should focus on some other key players instead like Jason brown suggs and ray. Scott is at the end of my list. Who was that guy we drafted from Miami last year?
Old 12-22-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Screw Scott I really don't care for him as a raven anymore. He's gotta go and we should focus on some other key players instead like Jason brown suggs and ray. Scott is at the end of my list. Who was that guy we drafted from Miami last year?
tavares gooden. he is more of of OLB and we would need to find a replacement for scott. Maybe a ILB that falls during the draft as those ILB tend to fall... but i agree that scott is expendable

as for the post, pretty nice... i though, am a fan of corey ivy... not as a starter though... more so as a special teamer and a dime corner

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
tavares gooden. he is more of of OLB and we would need to find a replacement for scott. Maybe a ILB that falls during the draft as those ILB tend to fall... but i agree that scott is expendable

as for the post, pretty nice... i though, am a fan of corey ivy... not as a starter though... more so as a special teamer and a dime corner
yeah, that was his name. So whatever happened to him? I never see him in at all on defense and havent heard his name at all. Does he atleast contribute in special teams? What the deal with him?
Old 12-31-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yeah, that was his name. So whatever happened to him? I never see him in at all on defense and havent heard his name at all. Does he atleast contribute in special teams? What the deal with him?
He was put on IR, but I don't remember what for. I also think he is more of an OLB, but who knows... Let's not forget about McClain being able to step in and play. He's really played well lately and may figure into the Ravens plans on if they are going to give Suggs a big contract.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather bring back the LB's (Suggs, Lewis, Scott) and draft a WR and CB (Rounds 1 and 2).
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my revised theory.

re-sign in order
1.Ray Lewis
2.Jason Brown
3.Suggs

you may ask why Suggs is so low, I agree he is a premiere pass rusher but we can replace him. I don't want any of these guys to go I just feel in our system these 2 will be harder to replace then Suggs.

I am 80 percent sure dwill will be a FA so we gotta get him.

And I know Scott to less $ to stay in Baltimore so he may do that this year. But if he leaves I think Tavares Gooden will come in and get equal production.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:01 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
my revised theory.

re-sign in order
1.Ray Lewis
2.Jason Brown
3.Suggs

you may ask why Suggs is so low, I agree he is a premiere pass rusher but we can replace him. I don't want any of these guys to go I just feel in our system these 2 will be harder to replace then Suggs.

I am 80 percent sure dwill will be a FA so we gotta get him.

And I know Scott to less $ to stay in Baltimore so he may do that this year. But if he leaves I think Tavares Gooden will come in and get equal production.
I like the list, and I think one of those 3 players on that list will be tagged. Can Suggs even be tagged a second year? Also, if we lose Scott whos gonna replace him? I know we've had alot of young players shine when they are in, but non of them have played full games. If we can't find someone in the draft, it might have to be Nick Grieisen. Also, isnt Gooden an OLB? He and Barnes should probably push Jarrett Johnson but if we keep Suggs, Tarares and Barnes are looking at another season with no starting roles, which kinda makes me think, why not get rid of Suggs when we've got all this young talent and solid depth? Antwan Barnes, Tarvares Gooden, and Jameel McClain. So, if we can't retain Terrell Suggs, it may not be the end of the world for this defense.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Gooden would be a OLB in a 4-3. He would take Scotts role IMO. Let me find a scouting report on him from the draft. From what I found it seems he is a team leader, great athlete and versatile. His weaknesses are shedding blocks, isn't a natural pass rusher, has so-so instincts.

Also I agree I don't want Suggs to go. But it isn't the end of the world if he leaves especially when we have talented young players being back ups

We really need Brown back. He is the leader of the o-line and is only 25!!!

About RT I think Terry has done a fine job and can be the future. What does everyone else think about that?

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 01-02-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Gooden would be a OLB in a 4-3. He would take Scotts role IMO. Let me find a scouting report on him from the draft. From what I found it seems he is a team leader, great athlete and versatile. His weaknesses are shedding blocks, isn't a natural pass rusher, has so-so instincts.

Also I agree I don't want Suggs to go. But it isn't the end of the world if he leaves especially when we have talented young players being back ups

We really need Brown back. He is the leader of the o-line and is only 25!!!

About RT I think Terry has done a fine job and can be the future. What does everyone else think about that?
yeah, I never liked Terry but he has impressed me. The whole o-line for that matter has really been a huge suprise, even Chris Chester is playing well, especialy in the Dallas and Jacksonville games. Can't wait for next season cause these guys are going to be more and more dominate. And I totally agree with you on Jason Brown, if he goes, this whole o-line takes a huge step backwards.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Looking at our offense I am very excited for the future offense.

Flacco-23
Ray Rice-21
LeRon McClain-24
Gaither-22
Grubbs-24
Brown-25
Yanda-24
Terry-26
Clayton-26
Dwill-25
Sypniewski-26

Those are all young and talented players, yet they all have shown(except maybe Quinn) to be legit players. I think we are a #1 WR away from having a scary offense. I feel Sypniewski can handle the blocking and #4 recieving option role perfectly. He could play that role as well as Heap IMO.

That is some stuff to get excited over!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Looking at our offense I am very excited for the future offense.

Flacco-23
Ray Rice-21
LeRon McClain-24
Gaither-22
Grubbs-24
Brown-25
Yanda-24
Terry-26
Clayton-26
Dwill-25
Sypniewski-26

Those are all young and talented players, yet they all have shown(except maybe Quinn) to be legit players. I think we are a #1 WR away from having a scary offense. I feel Sypniewski can handle the blocking and #4 recieving option role perfectly. He could play that role as well as Heap IMO.

That is some stuff to get excited over!!!
When Quinn returns he can take the blocking role away from Heap and excel at that. Not saying Heaps a bad blocker, I tihnk Syniewski is just better. And that list you posted... **** man... Its beautiful.. lol. Just think of adding Heyward-Bey to that list..

WR- Darrius Heyward-Bey

TE- Quinn Syniewski(blocking situtations) Todd Heap on passing downs

LT- Jared Gaither- Future Pro bowler, I can assure it, mark it down

LG- Ben Grubbs- Pro Bowl Potential

C- Jason Brown- Future Pro Bowler QB- Joe Flacco RB- Le'Ron McClain & Ray Rice

RG- Marshall Yanda- Pro Bowl Potential

RT- Adam Terry- Solid Starter

SlotWR- Mark Clayton

WR2- Demetruis Williams

If those guys play to the best of there ability this group is a top 10, maybe even top 5 offense in the future. McClain the power back, Rice the speedy compliment. Heyward-Bey the main go-to guy. Demetrius Williams the constant deep threat, Clayton the "go across the middle" type wr. Like Ravens1991 said, this offense has the potential to be something really special in the near future. Damn I can't wait!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think our go up the middle guy would be Marcus Smith. he is a project but he will be that guy if he turns out.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

D-Will is garbage at best and needs to get going. I see no reason to keep him around. We need to draft WR and CB like a mad man and see if we can't find some veteran gems like we did with Bannan for the DLine. Say good bye to C-Mac and try and bring Rolle back for one more season as a Nickel and maybe bring in a quality CB to compliment Fabian...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
D-Will is garbage at best and needs to get going. I see no reason to keep him around. We need to draft WR and CB like a mad man and see if we can't find some veteran gems like we did with Bannan for the DLine. Say good bye to C-Mac and try and bring Rolle back for one more season as a Nickel and maybe bring in a quality CB to compliment Fabian...
DWill has been battling injuries, so I do not agree with your assessment of him. Losing C-Mac would be devastating to this secondary in the short term so again I do not agree with cutting him. Yes he has been hurt almost all year, but with a healthy Chris it makes us better as a unit. Gotta keep bringing in the new blood so to speak, but its time to make the offense more of a priority in the draft in my opinion.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
DWill has been battling injuries, so I do not agree with your assessment of him. Losing C-Mac would be devastating to this secondary in the short term so again I do not agree with cutting him. Yes he has been hurt almost all year, but with a healthy Chris it makes us better as a unit. Gotta keep bringing in the new blood so to speak, but its time to make the offense more of a priority in the draft in my opinion.

But why not try and restructure his contract or something then... his cap number is paying him almost $11m next season I would rather pay Ray that then C-Mac!?

Here is a question for everyone?

How does the Dead Money from JO and McNair impact us ? and how long will that money continue to hurt us? I think that we could become a little creative with our contracts and potentially add some much needed explosiveness on the Offensive side of things and maybe put another spark plug like Leonhard on the Defensive side... thoughts ?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
But why not try and restructure his contract or something then... his cap number is paying him almost $11m next season I would rather pay Ray that then C-Mac!?

Here is a question for everyone?

How does the Dead Money from JO and McNair impact us ? and how long will that money continue to hurt us? I think that we could become a little creative with our contracts and potentially add some much needed explosiveness on the Offensive side of things and maybe put another spark plug like Leonhard on the Defensive side... thoughts ?
I believe it ounts for almost 10 mil. in 2009,but I may be wrong. I'm not sure how long it lasts though.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I think our needs now are:

1. WR
2. CB
3. RT
4. TE
5. DE (3-4)
Old 04-05-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

ravensfan3jt smells like sex panther.

I disagree, i think it goes like this: