Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-02-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Scouts and NFL teams would beg to differ. Sintim is being looked at in a different light than those guys.
Yeah, Sintim is the most polished of the recent UVA LB prospects. Blackstock was a great DE/OLB in college, but he really didn't project well to any NFL position. He could've been a solid 3-4 OLB, but he was drafted to play LB in a 4-3 by the Cards. I think Sintim is a much better all around player then Blackstock, I would be very happt if we got Sintim at 34.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see him in New England. They arent taking him at #23 and the only way he'd be considered later is if the following are gone:

Brown
Barwin
Matthews
English
Maybin
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen anyone rank Barwin ahead of Sintim. On this site, talking heads on the tube, NFLNetwork or NFL.com "experts" . . . everyone has Sintim as a 1st round prospect and none have Barwin as such.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I haven't seen anyone rank Barwin ahead of Sintim. On this site, talking heads on the tube, NFLNetwork or NFL.com "experts" . . . everyone has Sintim as a 1st round prospect and none have Barwin as such.
A lot of mocks on this site have Barwin going to the Pats or the Phins (granted there are a million mocks on here) and no everyone doesnt have Sintim as a 1st rounder. Sintim doesnt come anywhere near Barwin as far as an athlete or potential goes.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the mocks have Barwin going high b/c of the recent media hype about NE showing interest in him. Which is where my opinion that NE is interested in him as a round 2 prospect rather than @ 23 comes into play.

People hear NE is interested and just throw the guy into the 1st spot listed for NE. IMO, Barwin is a guy they like in round 2 if they can't get one of the more polished prospects @ 23. Or, since it is Bill B drafting, what ever position they will surprise everyone with as their main target for that 23 spot.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would put Barwin ahead of Sintim right now. I wouldn't prefer him to a certain extent, but Connor Barwin has absolutely scary athleticism. Sintim is really polished, but his ceiling is nowhere near as high.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

You guys are killing me. Everytime I start to like a player somewhere you tell me he's going higher than that.

Quit crushing my hopes!!

:D

Old 04-03-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I think the mocks have Barwin going high b/c of the recent media hype about NE showing interest in him. Which is where my opinion that NE is interested in him as a round 2 prospect rather than @ 23 comes into play.

People hear NE is interested and just throw the guy into the 1st spot listed for NE. IMO, Barwin is a guy they like in round 2 if they can't get one of the more polished prospects @ 23. Or, since it is Bill B drafting, what ever position they will surprise everyone with as their main target for that 23 spot.
I don't think other teams needed Belichek to sell them on Barwin, his production this year, versatility and athletic ability did that for them.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I did not mean that to imply the Patriots' interest in Barwin is the reason for everyone else's interest.

I only meant that b/c it has been reported NE is interested it is automatically assumed that they are interested in him as their 1st round pick.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's an interesting phenomenon, the media and draft fans like us try to analyze the Pats draft and predict who they will take by identifying a certain type of player that the Pats go for and that other teams apparently don't.

Every year we have these "Patriots-type-of-player" prospects that get identified and projected to the Pats in the first round, just like the Leonard kid from Rutgers a couple years ago. He was a 2nd to 3rd round prospect but people were projecting him to the Pats in round 1 because they identified him as that special kind of player the Pats like. In the end he got drafted late second round, right where he should have, and not by the Pats. I can see the same kind of thing happening here with Barwin.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sintim is still my favorite OLB prospect for the pats in this draft.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
It's an interesting phenomenon, the media and draft fans like us try to analyze the Pats draft and predict who they will take by identifying a certain type of player that the Pats go for and that other teams apparently don't.

Every year we have these "Patriots-type-of-player" prospects that get identified and projected to the Pats in the first round, just like the Leonard kid from Rutgers a couple years ago. He was a 2nd to 3rd round prospect but people were projecting him to the Pats in round 1 because they identified him as that special kind of player the Pats like. In the end he got drafted late second round, right where he should have, and not by the Pats. I can see the same kind of thing happening here with Barwin.
Leonard didn't get drafted by the Pats because they didn't need a RB. They had the same player on the roster already in Sammy Morris or Heath Evans. It was fairly easy to predict that they'd try to trade their picks in that draft because they didn't have any room on the roster. Outside of Meriweather (who most had pegged going to the Pats if Nelson was gone), they had to take guys that might make the practice squad if they couldn't trade the picks.
________
LonelyCat

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 08:21 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote