Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
Mangas are so much better.

www.onemanga.com

Death Note and Mirai Nikki are pretty awesome. One Piece is prolly the best manga out there atm
Onemanga is an amazing site!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
Mangas are so much better.

www.onemanga.com
this man speaks the truth

like i said, Soul Eater, One Piece, and Fullmetal Alchemist are great and everyone ever should read them.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never got into manga much myself.

I enjoyed this series.

I still watch the new Naruto Shippuddens and Bleaches but I have to skip parts of the episodes. They can be pretty bad at times. I can't wait till this weeks Naruto though. I thought yesterday's Bleach was amusing. RISER-DOGGYSTYLE!

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
just finished elfen lied and it was awesome, although I dislike the fact that the last thing we see from the dude running the facilitate is him pulling his wig off and saying that things have only begun. it just doesn't feel right that a series would end with the key villain just sort of stating that everything up to that point was insignificant and the real story was just beginning. it was a good story and the violence was almost satisfying, but I just felt like it could've been wrapped up better.
I didn't mind the open ended finish, but it really does leave you wanting more.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I never got into manga much myself.
do it.....it's betta.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I watched Code Geass (even though America is pretty much the bad guys) until he "accidentally" commanded the princess to slaughter a bunch of civilians. I stopped watching after that.
America is not the bad guy, its the damn Britians and them trying to rule the world. Also you missed out if you have up.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
It just seemed like they were trying to leave more open to further the story and then just kind of finished it there instead of following through. They did wrap somethings up I just couldn't help feeling like they wanted to do more, or were setting themselves up to go further and just didn't. *shrug*
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ally-announced

Live action Cowboy Bebop movie. It says Keanu Reaves is suppose to star in it. Ugh.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ally-announced

Live action Cowboy Bebop movie. It says Keanu Reaves is suppose to star in it. Ugh.
Saw this awhile ago, hollywood needs to back the f off and not gay up a bunch of animes with live action Americanized remakes. A live action Evangelion has been in the works for awhile.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing will ever beat...

Ever.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
A live action Evangelion has been in the works for awhile.
Never going to happen in the US. You just can't take that plot and turn it into a movie american audiences will go out and watch.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Never going to happen in the US. You just can't take that plot and turn it into a movie american audiences will go out and watch.
That's what thet're doing for Akira. :(

It's gonna be in new york and not japan.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Spring List:
Pandora Hearts
FMA
07-Ghost(May drop if it sucks)
K-ON
Shangri-La
Asura Cryin’
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

I haven't had my comp for 4 days, so I'll start torrenting the pilots tonight.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
That's what thet're doing for Akira. :(

It's gonna be in new york and not japan.
Ewwww, anyone decent at least attached to the project? I know it'll suck but I'm pretty sure I'll end up watching it anyway.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
America is not the bad guy, its the damn Britians and them trying to rule the world. Also you missed out if you have up.
Definitely have to agree with this. Just watched that series myself it gets ridiculous from there. Loved the finale to season two although it was a little obvious, why else would he start just accepting blame for everything that's gone bad before then, definitely looking forward to season three.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
My Spring List:
Pandora Hearts
FMA
07-Ghost(May drop if it sucks)
K-ON
Shangri-La
Asura Cryin’
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

I haven't had my comp for 4 days, so I'll start torrenting the pilots tonight.
Watched most of these:

Pandora Hearts - Got bored after 5 minutes, I'll finish it later.
FMA - Amazing, animation is top quality and its faithful to the manga.
07-Ghost(May drop if it sucks) - Top gun in space. Bleh animation, there was a badass chase scene at the end though.
K-ON - Moe guitars. In terms of Kyoto animation its between Lucky Star and Haruhi in quality. Definitely an acquired taste.
Shangri-La - Liscensed.
Asura Cryin’ - Amazing. Great animation contains Ghosts, Lesbians, Mafia, Gun battles, lesbians, and mecha. Oh and supernatural powers that create fire bombs.
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~: Average and predictable. Bleh animation, seems like something from the mid 90s.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking for a spring anime to watch....Asura Cryin' I guess i'll try that.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Definitely have to agree with this. Just watched that series myself it gets ridiculous from there. Loved the finale to season two although it was a little obvious, why else would he start just accepting blame for everything that's gone bad before then, definitely looking forward to season three.
I hate to tell you but there is no more. Its only Code Geass and Code Geass: R2
Old 04-12-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah I just finished it seriously it leaves you thinking that there is going to be another season. Also kind of odd that there was only 12 episodes. But I guess the OVA counted.

At the start it was mad weird, but once you watch the second episode you get into it.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
I hate to tell you but there is no more. Its only Code Geass and Code Geass: R2
I read the writers wanted to do a third one and

So IMO there's room in the plot for a third season and if the guys behind are interested in doing it I could certainly see them going for it, maybe another 8 or ten years down the line to show the world Zero created?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I read the writers wanted to do a third one and

So IMO there's room in the plot for a third season and if the guys behind are interested in doing it I could certainly see them going for it, maybe another 8 or ten years down the line to show the world Zero created?
yeah, i guess but I felt it was all wrapped up at the end with no open ending. If they do another season, it should be like 2 or 3 OVA. I feel they could end up ruining it, or just making it drag on like DBZ
Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
I was looking for a spring anime to watch....Asura Cryin' I guess i'll try that.
The story looks to be a little convoluted but the action has been good enough I don't mind.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

anything you guys recommend, here is some I have watched.

Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
Elfin Lied
Blade of the Immortal
Code Geass both seasons
Samaria Champloo
Rurouni Kenshin
FullMetal Alchemist
one im not to proud of Toradora
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
anything you guys recommend, here is some I have watched.

Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
Elfin Lied
Blade of the Immortal
Code Geass both seasons
Samaria Champloo
Rurouni Kenshin
FullMetal Alchemist
one im not to proud of Toradora
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Since you have seen Kenshin I would definitely recommend the next thing you watch to be Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen aka Samurai X. It is the prequel to Kenshin, released after Kenshin finished. It is only a 4 episode OVA but it is very, very (very) good.

If youre looking for more of a medieval swordplay type anime, try Claymore. Claymore is awesome. Though it really leaves you badly wanting a 2nd season, more so than most animes.

If youre looking for a mecha style anime try Rah'Xephon. has a lot of similarities to Evangelion, but I think it has a stronger overall storyline and is a more enjoyable series to watch.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:35 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Here's the Anime Plot maker.

http://jesterball.com/Animations/ani...generator.html