Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-23-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got my iPod replaced. I had to bob and weave as the guy asked me questions. I took it in to get replaced and there was evidence of water damage [which happened] so I got shot down. Then I took it to a different apple store and got a new one because I got rid of all the corrosion. It was a biotch though.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
If it says your iPod is corrupted, I'd say you're pretty much screwed. I've had that happen to my old MP3 player when it got a little bit wet (my 3 year old cousin... don't ask), and it was finished. It would play what was originally on it, well, half of it, but I couldn't add anything. I'm not saying yours got wet, but when anything HDD related becomes corrupted, you're probably going to be making a new purchase pretty soon.
he may be screwed, but if the computer just says it and the ipod itself does not there is a chance that it is just some problem with the connection to the computer, because i have gotten those ipod is corrupted messages before and the only time my ipod was just ****** was when i got the sad ipod icon on the ipod screen.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman
Did your cousin pee on it? ... I would do what Jbond said and try and see if another ipod works to see if its your itunes or the actual ipod. I havent had this happen to my ipod so I dont know what it could be. Maybe the "Geek Squad" people at Best Buy could help you.
He found it and took it into a pool. :roll:
Old 02-23-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999
Planned obsolence (sp?)
Obsolescence.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a kind of similar situation. It played music and everything, but I couldn't get Itunes to work so I couldn't add any new songs. I had computer problems so I did a system restore, and now it works
Old 02-23-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999
Planned obsolence (sp?)
Obsolescence.
Completelyyyyyyyyyyyyy off but the idea was there.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819
"Ipods are made to be broken..."

You heard it here first.
ive heard it a minimum of 100 times before you said it.
Yes but mine is in print for all to see.........therefore better!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
I had a kind of similar situation. It played music and everything, but I couldn't get Itunes to work so I couldn't add any new songs. I had computer problems so I did a system restore, and now it works
Yea, I tried it on two different computers and no dice unfortunately.

I am going to have the bite the bullet and shell out for a new one I guess.

What's the deal with the Best Buy warranty plans? Is it worth the extra $60?

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before buying a new one, id go visit the apple geniuses.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So no one gets a hat?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink

I posted a topic about this a while ago. Your battery has run out(dead) you cant recharge it or restore it to fix it, its done. If you have a certain type of Warranty you can return it for a new 1 at the price of $60. It takes about a minumumof 2 years for it to run out. Thats why i will sell mine before that tyme.
If you do plan on getting a new MP3 player get 1 with a replacable bettery. Creative has some mp3's with replacable batteries.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Just be happy you still have yours, mine was stolen :( i miss it so much
Old 02-24-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
Quote:
Here's what I found on the ipod website: link

Does it come with a number or anything next to the error message?

My best bet is that if your restored it to factory settings and it still has the problem, it's most likely an internal drive problem and time to buy a new ipod.
That is what I am afraid of. I was actually going to get a new one this summer but I was hoping to pawn this one off for a few bucks at least. Looks like my timetable may be getting pushed up!

That is pretty bush on Apple's part to put out a product that I paid $250 for and have it crap out after only a year and a half. I essentially paid almost $15 a month to rent an iPod for a while.
I'd just like to say that I have had 5 iPods break on me in my short life so far. The first couple were within their warranty so I got replacements, but I had to pay $60 charges. Then, by the 3rd time, I decided I was sick of the Click Wheel ones and I thought I deserved an iPod video for my troubles because the click wheels kept breaking, other people I know have been successful with this request. They never answered me, and I was very persistent with my requests, but I got ignored anyway. Then I bought myself an iPod video and I like it but I constantly have problems with it where I have to restore it, and sometimes it takes days before it finally restores properly. Safe to say, it is very frustrating, and there really aren't better devices on the market.

Apple is as bush league as it gets when it comes to customer service and their products. They just don't have much shelf life. Consider yourself lucky Scott, yours lasted 1.5 years. My average click wheel lasted about 3 months :shock:

iPods just suck overall, but you can't live without 'em. Cheers

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Quote:
Quote:

My best bet is that if your restored it to factory settings and it still has the problem, it's most likely an internal drive problem and time to buy a new ipod.
That is what I am afraid of. I was actually going to get a new one this summer but I was hoping to pawn this one off for a few bucks at least. Looks like my timetable may be getting pushed up!

That is pretty bush on Apple's part to put out a product that I paid $250 for and have it crap out after only a year and a half. I essentially paid almost $15 a month to rent an iPod for a while.
I'd just like to say that I have had 5 iPods break on me in my short life so far. The first couple were within their warranty so I got replacements, but I had to pay $60 charges. Then, by the 3rd time, I decided I was sick of the Click Wheel ones and I thought I deserved an iPod video for my troubles because the click wheels kept breaking, other people I know have been successful with this request. They never answered me, and I was very persistent with my requests, but I got ignored anyway. Then I bought myself an iPod video and I like it but I constantly have problems with it where I have to restore it, and sometimes it takes days before it finally restores properly. Safe to say, it is very frustrating, and there really aren't better devices on the market.

Apple is as bush league as it gets when it comes to customer service and their products. They just don't have much shelf life. Consider yourself lucky Scott, yours lasted 1.5 years. My average click wheel lasted about 3 months :shock:

Thanks for the post. That's kind of how I feel. I am not happy that it broke like that but at the same time I love it! I will probably be getting the 30GB Video next... Hopefully it won't have syncing problems.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

The same problem just happened to me with my 3rd generation. What did I do to fix it you ask? I got meself a video ipod.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the post. That's kind of how I feel. I am not happy that it broke like that but at the same time I love it! I will probably be getting the 30GB Video next... Hopefully it won't have syncing problems.
It will have synching problems down the road, but hopefully it won't be critical problems. Like I said, mine constantly has to be restored and stuff, but it's always fixable and non-permanent. Luckily, it only happens when you plug it in to sync to Itunes, so it's not like it will just die while you're on the road.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote