Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-06-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Samari Rolle Re-Signs

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...aris_Back.aspx

Looks like a first round corner isn't an option... again. :(

Well, with the unlikely chance that Vontae doesn't fall to us in the first it shouldn't make much of a difference anyways. I guess it's a good move since we have 3 good/decent starting caliber CB's now, but we still don't have a big guy. Oh well.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 04-06-2009 at 02:43 PM.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it. Now we def don't need CB in the first
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn it, I wish we re-signed Cmac Rolle is a waste. He is more fragile then glass, he cant tackle a 1st grader.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not too stoked about this. Like everyone else is saying / thinking, CMac would have been much better. We don't have a lock down guy but I guess they really think Foxworth will replace CMac so Rolle will be the #2 and Fabian the nickel. We did it last year after CMac went down, so I guess we should be fine this year.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fab is better then Rolle. I think Fab will be the #1 CB. Look at how good he did against PIT at Baltimore. When he got hurt they threw all over us.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand we should sign C-mac but we didn't and I am happy we got Rolle back because Foxworth/Fab/Rolle is better than Foxworth/Fab/Walker
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Raven Domination
Rookie

Raven Domination hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WR in the 1st is all but a gurantee at this point. Which I think was the likely move all along.
Raven Domination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

I like it.
Sumari is super experienced and even though he's injury prone, he's a gamer.
I dont see cornerback as a need at all now.
1 CB- Foxworth
2 CB- Washington, Rolle
Nickel- Carr
Dime- Walker

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

good breakdown, I guess we wont look at CB now.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

decent move.. 4 years? but he was way better than Walker so I'm fine with the move. It only helps.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:58 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I think I am one of the few that think this is a good signing for us... we saved some money under the cap by cutting him and then resigning him to less after he didn't get any better offers...

He already knows the team and is a positive guy. He will be a good addition...I don't think we will go CB in the 1st round but what a better group to learn under then Fab/Fox and Rolle?! We will pick up some depth later in the 4th or 5th round I think and have a very strong secondary..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I would love to get Barnes, then cut Walker. But I doubt it would happen
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I would love to get Barnes, then cut Walker. But I doubt it would happen
perfect! I think, by the start of next season, Frank Walker is the odd man out if we draft a CB.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's only 10 million over 4 years, same average as Chris Carr's deal...A late pick on Barnes would be great, that way if there were an injury, no Frank Walker and no Evan Ogelsby.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Derrick Martin continues his great play pre-injury (in the pre-season and T.C.) and becomes our option for our physical corner that we need. 5-10, 200+ isn't too bad considering his great athletic ability as well. I'm a believer in him, and I'm not sure that we are looking for a CB in the draft unless some great talent falls to us.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

he is a moron. He got busted w/ weed at a airport then told the front office that it was a derrick Martin who just had the same birthday and hometown. IDK if he can beat out Walker but he will battle out for the #5 spot
Old 04-15-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
It's only 10 million over 4 years, same average as Chris Carr's deal...A late pick on Barnes would be great, that way if there were an injury, no Frank Walker and no Evan Ogelsby.

Where you have this information???

10 Million over 4 Years? Don't think, Samari is making it to 36 in the NFL!

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I think Derrick Martin continues his great play pre-injury (in the pre-season and T.C.) and becomes our option for our physical corner that we need. 5-10, 200+ isn't too bad considering his great athletic ability as well. I'm a believer in him, and I'm not sure that we are looking for a CB in the draft unless some great talent falls to us.
I wish he could come back. He's a great athlete. His vert was amazing. I doubt he gets into the rotation though.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by banetzdererste View Post
Where you have this information???

10 Million over 4 Years? Don't think, Samari is making it to 36 in the NFL!
It was on the team's website and nfl.com. Just because it's 4 years doesn't mean he'll play the length of the deal.