Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-18-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04182009...amp_165020.htm

If Clemens has a good season who knows how far we could go

J-E-T-S
Nj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Chris777
Rookie

Chris777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

am I the only one on here who really, really wants Sanchez?

We can't waste this defense, i see us having a rebound season this year (think 9 wins again and at best 11 wins) with 3 legitimate Superbowl contention seasons for the defense. (Sit a year, ease in second year, game time 3rd year, and all or nothing year, then the rebuild or stop gaps begin for this defense)

What's all this crap about "not needing a franchise quarterback" to win a superbowl? No ****, it's a fact defense wins championships. But guess what, the Bucs of the early 2000s, Ravens throughout this decade, and even the damn bears in the 80s only won one damn superbowl. Common denominators GREAT ****** DEFENSES and a combo of Dilfer, Johnson, and Mcmahon, GAME MANAGERS! Wasted all that potential

Why settle for the potential of having only one (i know most teams won't win one for decades), when we could have the chance to win many. Who wouldn't want that chance to win many, and erase the memory of Tom Brady and the Patriots.

You guys actually think old lemon and ratty are gonna throw up decent numbers on route to a "game managed" superbowl, you guys are straight tripping

take sanchez and if lemon and ratty actually pan out, simple we'd be like The Chargers with Brees and Rivers, not a bad situation.

I really don't see any player that's within our means of drafting in the first that would make such an impact this year that it would warrant the passing of Sanchez, i really don't.

Last edited by Chris777 : 04-19-2009 at 03:44 AM. Reason: just because
Chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think that the Jets should take a QB in the 1st.
There's no denying that you have a great defense. You guys have a good Oline, you could use another receiver, but you need that one player behind center. I really don't think any of the top 3 QBs will fall to #17. Do you guys think you would move up to #9 to leapfrog San Francisco, just in case they are interested in one of them? Or even potentially moving to #11 to get just in front of Denver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris777 View Post
am I the only one on here who really, really wants Sanchez?

We can't waste this defense, i see us having a rebound season this year (think 9 wins again and at best 11 wins) with 3 legitimate Superbowl contention seasons for the defense. (Sit a year, ease in second year, game time 3rd year, and all or nothing year, then the rebuild or stop gaps begin for this defense)

What's all this crap about "not needing a franchise quarterback" to win a superbowl? No ****, it's a fact defense wins championships. But guess what, the Bucs of the early 2000s, Ravens throughout this decade, and even the damn bears in the 80s only won one damn superbowl. Common denominators GREAT ****** DEFENSES and a combo of Dilfer, Johnson, and Mcmahon, GAME MANAGERS! Wasted all that potential

Why settle for the potential of having only one (i know most teams won't win one for decades), when we could have the chance to win many. Who wouldn't want that chance to win many, and erase the memory of Tom Brady and the Patriots.

You guys actually think old lemon and ratty are gonna throw up decent numbers on route to a "game managed" superbowl, you guys are straight tripping

take sanchez and if lemon and ratty actually pan out, simple we'd be like The Chargers with Brees and Rivers, not a bad situation.

I really don't see any player that's within our means of drafting in the first that would make such an impact this year that it would warrant the passing of Sanchez, i really don't.

If Sanchez is there at 17 then we should jump on him. But i dont think he'll be there and what would be the cost to trade far enought up to get him?

Also, Gary meyers of the Daily News is suggesting that we trade Thomas Jones and draft a guy in the first round. Not a bad scenario as far as I am concerned. We would be trading a guy who had his best year and has some value.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Thomas Jones would have any value given his age.

I also still think it's interesting that people want a burner. I don't care what he looks like, but all I want is a redzone threat.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.

TJ definitely has value, he's 30 but he could put a team over the edge, he did lead the AFC in rushing last year

J-E-T-S
Old 04-19-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I doubt Thomas Jones would have any value given his age.

I also still think it's interesting that people want a burner. I don't care what he looks like, but all I want is a redzone threat.
I agree he doesn't have much value. We got him for something along the lines of the equivalent of a low two or high three, and I can't see a team giving up more than a 3 or a 4 for him at best. He's worth more than that to us so a deal doesn't really make sense to me. Just a short-term investment, which unfortunately doesn't have much value in terms of draft picks.

As for the burner I've cooled on it a little bit but I still want somebody that can create separation on their own one way or another. We struggled to get guys open late in the season last year and it really cost us, this year with a young QB no matter which way you slice it we'll need to ensure he isn't going to be throwing in tight windows all the time or it's going to be a long season that will hurt the confidence of whoever we throw in there.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

LOL Sweet Picks

But really every mock i see that has us picking Freeman makes me mad lol, because Freeman straight up is NOT an upgrade over Clemens, with that pick we should be taking nothing other than a WR, RT, DE and maybe a RB

J-E-T-S
Old 04-19-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nj. View Post
LOL Sweet Picks

But really every mock i see that has us picking Freeman makes me mad lol, because Freeman straight up is NOT an upgrade over Clemens, with that pick we should be taking nothing other than a WR, RT, DE and maybe a RB
The 2 round mock that had us trading 17 and 52 to move up to 9 and select Freeman was so depressing. We got only one pick and it was Freeman. If that actually happens on the first day I'll be incredibly depressed, and nothing we do on day 2 will be able to make up for it.

Hopefully Clemens' strong play in minicamp was actually a sign that we have faith in him, and not a smokescreen to make teams think we aren't interested in a QB.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Newsday says we are not going to pursue Matt Jones:

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/fo..._jones_co.html
Old 04-20-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is your ideal 1st round pick for the Jets?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Jeremy Maclin easily, don't think he's going to be available though. Kenny Britt I like a lot though preferably in a trade down, and Brandon Pettigrew is growing on me some as a stranger pick. Chris Wells would be solid as a non QB/WR as well.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Michael Crabtree unrealistically.

DHB or Kenny Britt realistically.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sarcasm at all dear Derza.

My ideal pick would be the lack thereof.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Wink

Not sure who has seen this and who hasn't, but TJB just put out a prospect list. It's really worth checking out because they give little notes about the player or how the visit took place, but I'll just post a general idea of what there is.

Position by position it looks like we have visited with 8 corners that are mostly early round guys which strikes me as strange, 1 DB's that it's unclear where he'd play (for those familiar with Big East basketball it's SHU point guard Paul Gause), 2 early-mid round safeties, 2 DE's that would transition to linebackers, 2 DE's that would play 3-4 end, 4 early-mid round DT's that could probably all project to nose but some could play end along with Peria Jerry for whatever reason, 5 mid-late round ILB's, 2 guards one early to mid round and one late, 2 early round tackles and a mid-rounder but all seem to be LT's which seems odd, the 3 first round QB's along with Bomar and Nate Davis, 4 early round backs but no Chris Wells, 3 blocking TE's and a project from Monmouth, 7 early round wideouts, and the USC kicker.

A lot more corners than I would have expected, much thinner on the offensive line and at defensive end (looking to next year at DE?), and everything else seems relatively normal. A bit disappointed there aren't many big small school DL's that Rex could maybe coach up. Does look like we'll be looking for an ILB somewhere, I'd guess round 6 is where we hope to address that or by picking up a 5th in a trade. Also a little surprised there's so few mid-round backs and OL's, I figured that would be a really likely place for us to look at those positions. Maybe that's just a smokescreen and we've got our eye on some specific guys, because it seems like there could be some good guys available in that range. Two strangest omissions (if you can call them that) were Wells and Tyson Jackson, though I found no Robiskie and Barden interesting (first round or bust at WR like we've been saying?).

Ultimately this point probably proves to be completely off because you really can't take this kind of stuff into account too much, but it's fun to look at the players we've been visiting with and see what we think it means anyway. I'd actually like to try and find last year's list because I remember there was one and see if it actually indicated anything, though I'm sure teams try and avoid patterns and stuff in that.

Also, the wink was unintentional.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Really, really interesting to know.

Anyone watching Sports Center : On the Clock right now?

They have been interviewing a lot of prospects right now, including Freeman. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.

In general, how important his high character guys to you all?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

I think character is extremely important, but I don't think Freeman has quite the skill set we need

J-E-T-S
Old 04-21-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

And my ideal jets pick is jeremy maclin

J-E-T-S
Old 04-21-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ill answer my own question.

Trade up - Maclin
Stay at 17 - DHB
Trade down - Britt

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Clayton said we're involved in Boldin talks. I wonder if that's us doing our due diligence or he was saying we were part of some three-way trade involving the Cards and the Giants/Ravens, since they were also mentioned.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Clayton said we're involved in Boldin talks. I wonder if that's us doing our due diligence or he was saying we were part of some three-way trade involving the Cards and the Giants/Ravens, since they were also mentioned.
Was about to post this. I think I'd be alright with either. If we do trade for him, we obviously are in better shape than the Ravens just because of where our first rounder is, and while he's older Boldin is way more of a sure thing than anyone we'd get at 17 even if he is a little similar to Cotch. If we're involved in 3 way talks, it would be nice if the Cardinals would like to be as high as our selection and we can grab a second or third from them plus 26 or 29 to move down into that range. Just think it's a better spot for us than 17.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

Boldin would be great, but I think that if we are in some type of situation where we can get more picks, like giving up Thomas Jones(hes getting old and he kind of wants out), I say we should do it

J-E-T-S
Old 04-22-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
MyLostintention
Pro Bowler

MyLostintention hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Really, really interesting to know.

Anyone watching Sports Center : On the Clock right now?

They have been interviewing a lot of prospects right now, including Freeman. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.

In general, how important his high character guys to you all?
Very important, I'd say its the second most important thing to look for in a player, first being production. If a guy doesn't produce than there is no reason to have him, but also if he is a bad character in the locker room he will hardly help a team if not hurt a team. Then I'd say football knowledge/mental skills, physical skills, and then maybe last consider popularity and what he could do financially for your team.

As for Freeman, his production is slightly above average, good character, poor mental skills, excellent physical skills, poor popularity. I think he holds 2nd round value but will most likely slip into the first round if sanchez is drafted top 5.
MyLostintention is offline   Reply With Quote