Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-22-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...oldin_too.aspx

a first and heap sounds likea great idea. Heap has had all his bonuses and stuff paid making him easier to trade cap wise and would take a chunk off our salary, but im still iffy about wether this would allow for the signing of suggs, gaither and ngata.

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the 1st and Heap a lot. But I still would prefer drafting a young wideout. He'd sign for around 5 years, 8-9 million at most. I'd rather put big money on our own guys than a wideout who plays the way Anquan does going on 29.

What do yall think of Brian Robiskie? His stock is rising fast, maybe we could trade down to the top of the 2nd and take him there. He's a sure thing in my mind and could be a great dependable receiver for a long time.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him as a prospect, but IDK if he is the right fit for us.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

half of me wants boldin.. his toughness and playmaking ability is enticing
the other half is wary of his attitude and the fact that heyward bey's ceiling is mouth watering and tempting

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:59 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

What if we just offered up our 2nd and 3rd staight up for Boldin?? Rather than one pick and a player? Or Heap, McGahee and a 3rd for Boldin?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ok, let's Focus on tomorrow!
I don't think the Trade will happen. So let's pick our WR in the 1st Round!!

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

ha, agreed but if it does happen ill be pshyced.
ok who do you guys think will be the best value at our pick come the draft
I think there will be solid value at CBs and WRs and i hope either DHB or Vontae drop. If not imo i think Britt would be a great choice. And i would cream myself if we get Pettigrew
if we trade back i hope we go after Sean Smith, and pray for a reciever like Robiskie being there with our second

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN they just said the Cardinals have significantly lowered their asking price and are now willing to take just a 2nd rounder and other pieces. However the only teams involved in negotiations are the Jets, Giants, and Eagles. I'd be pissed if he went for cheap. If all we would have to give is the 26th pick, we'd be nuts not to give it.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya I am pissed that we are not in the talks for a 2nd and other pieces.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
ESPN they just said the Cardinals have significantly lowered their asking price and are now willing to take just a 2nd rounder and other pieces. However the only teams involved in negotiations are the Jets, Giants, and Eagles. I'd be pissed if he went for cheap. If all we would have to give is the 26th pick, we'd be nuts not to give it.
If we could somehow get away with sending, Heap and a 2nd rounder for Boldin, use the 1st rounder on Pettigrew/Maualuga, I would need a new pair of pants.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
If we could somehow get away with sending, Heap and a 2nd rounder for Boldin, use the 1st rounder on Pettigrew/Maualuga, I would need a new pair of pants.
Hell I have no problem giving a 2nd rounder, Heap, and next years 2nd. BTW if next year is truly uncapped I wouldn't have as much as a problem with giving up future picks this year. We could fill needs in Free agency.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya if Heap and a 2nd can get him to Baltimore. We gotta do that immediately!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
ya if Heap and a 2nd can get him to Baltimore. We gotta do that immediately!!!!
Yeah thats a big if though, wonder what the other teams are offering.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah thats a big if though, wonder what the other teams are offering.
Eagles might do 2nd and Sheldon Brown since he wants to be traded.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't matter how much they are asking for him, we simply can't afford Boldin right now w/ or w/o a new contract.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
It doesn't matter how much they are asking for him, we simply can't afford Boldin right now w/ or w/o a new contract.
I've read that we can, can't remember where but someone broke down how it would be possible to.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've read that we can, can't remember where but someone broke down how it would be possible to.
We have 1.5 mil. remaining right now, the only way I would be able to see it happening is to trade Heap and cut somebody else. IDK if I see the FO giving up multiple players for a WR...
Old 04-24-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about trading McGahee and Heap AND a 2nd rounder? Both guys have big contracts. If we get Boldin, trade Heap and McGahee, and still have our first, it'd be awesome. We could then actually take the BPa, which might be Chris Wells. I've always been a fan of his and he'd be amazing in our offense.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
how about trading McGahee and Heap AND a 2nd rounder? Both guys have big contracts. If we get Boldin, trade Heap and McGahee, and still have our first, it'd be awesome. We could then actually take the BPa, which might be Chris Wells. I've always been a fan of his and he'd be amazing in our offense.
We can't cut or trade McGahee. It would cost us 11.25 mil. against the cap this year alone.

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...3&view=archive

Quote:
Plus even if the Cardinals wanted McGahee, the Ravens canít afford to part with him. No, that is not a typo. The Ravens cannot afford to trade Willie Mac. If they did the team would be hit with a staggering $11.25 million charge against their cap and if you havenít looked at the Ravens cap status lately, they have but a fraction of that available ($1.5 million).
Old 04-24-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

All this Todd Heap hate

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

105.7 reports if Pettigrew is there at 26 we take him, then we already have a deal in place that send a 2nd and heap 2 arizona