Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 04-24-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
espnhatesthe49ers
Rookie

espnhatesthe49ers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
All I'm doing is answering your question here, nothing more: Larry Fitzgerald.

And, you would highlight only the concerns.

Don't worry, we'll look back on this debate and laugh when Crabtree is a star WR for us in two years.:D
I think the rest of the league will be laughing at you guys when you have 180 million dollars invested in a sorry receiving core.

With Crabs and Hous do we really need to cover anyone after 15 yards? Neither one of those guys are threat down the field.
espnhatesthe49ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espnhatesthe49ers View Post
With Crabs and Hous do we really need to cover anyone after 15 yards? Neither one of those guys are threat down the field.
Neither is Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin but would you have any objections to them?

Quote:
SI's Peter King has heard from "sources he trusts" that the Seahawks will choose between Michael Crabtree and Aaron Curry at No. 4.
Mark Sanchez is also a possibility, but it sounds like Seahawks president Tim Ruskell has had second thoughts about drafting a developmental quarterback.
Source: SI.com
More info about Crabtree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 04-24-2009 at 02:31 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
espnhatesthe49ers
Rookie

^^

Arizona has Fitzgerald and Denver has Eddie Royal to stretch the field. They have the Ying and the Yang. There's nothing wrong with possession receivers when they're complimented by someone who can get deep.

You're going to have 90 million dollars tied up in 2 strictly possession receivers. Have fun with that.

You guys have completely forgotten what made you guys a powerhouse. Rather than beefing the line and reestablishing a running attack you're very, very poorly attempting to create a dynamic receiving core, and obviously you guys have no clue how to do that. Evidence by Nate Burleson, Deion Branch, and now pairing up 2 guys with little ability to stretch the field.

Last edited by espnhatesthe49ers : 04-24-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^^

Arizona has Fitzgerald and Denver has Eddie Royal to stretch the field. They have the Ying and the Yang. There's nothing wrong with possession receivers when they're complimented by someone who can get deep.

You're going to have 90 million dollars tied up in 2 strictly possession receivers. Have fun with that.

You guys have completely forgotten what made you guys a powerhouse. Rather than beefing the line and reestablishing a running attack you're very, very poorly attempting to create a dynamic receiving core, and obviously you guys have no clue how to do that. Evidence by Nate Burleson, Deion Branch, and now pairing up 2 guys with little ability to stretch the field.
I don't think that Ruskell has forgotten what made this team successful. Getting to the opposing team's quarterback with a fast, small defense, and controlling the clock and maintaining long drives on offense. The game's we won this last year were games were we had more than 4 sacks, except for maybe one we loss.

Everyone is just speculating about Crabtree and all of this talk about bringing in a player to play immediately automatically makes everyone look at Crabtree. However, the Seahawks have taken extensive looks at Chris Wells. He would make an instant impact, probably a larger one than Crabtree, since RB's don't have near the learning curve that WR's do.

Also, when Patrick Kerney went down, we lost all semblance of a pass rush. They may intrigued by someone like Brian Orakpo or Everrette Brown (who I think is better than Orakpo), to come in as the long term replacement to Kerney.

Ruskell is also known to reach for players. He may decide to shock everyone and take the other Ohio State prospect that fits us, Malcolm Jenkins. I've been so absorbed lately with Crabtree, Curry, & Sanchez, I completely went away from looking at Ruskell's tendencies.

Also, several people are trying to quote Ruskell as saying lately, something along the lines of the Seahawks will not take a quarterback @ 4. I listened to his press conference yesterday. He said (as close to possible as I can get),
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ruskell
[on players sitting out for a year]That's a given if you take a QB and you have a QB, that's just the way it has to be. At any of those other positions though, you have to have a plan. When is he gonna get on the field, who's he gonna beat out, and how quickly is that gonna happen. And you have to know that, and you wanna have everyone adhere to that plan. We've been burned by that in the pass when we didn't discuss the plan for the player, and he's kinda languished on the bench and he never got his shot. And the guys there ended up being okay, and that's how you get a bust. Let's hear the plan, and if it's not good enough, then that's probably not the guy.
Asked if they could afford to sit a QB for two years, Ruskell replied
Quote:
Sure, we wouldn't be the first ones to do that.

Matt Hasselbeck has also said that, if the Seahawks brought in a quarterback, that he would have to sit for a couple of years. Perhaps the Seahawks have already told him that they planned to take Sanchez. I dunno, there's really so many just little things you can go back and look at and kinda get clues about how much subterfuge the Seahawks are actually participating in.

If they do not manage to convince other team's that they are going to take Sanchez, and other team's believe they can get him @ 8, the Hawks may decide to take him just to prove they aren't bluffing. Maybe forcing someone like Washington to make a trade for him. Perhaps drafting Chris Wells at 13 and then doing a swap?

EDIT: Here's the press conference from 710 ESPN. The actual press conference starts a little after the 21 minute mark. There is a lot of quotes that I'd like to put up, but there are a lot of em, and I'm kinda tired right now, so I'll probably throw them in the draft discussion thread tomorrow.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Last edited by summond822 : 04-24-2009 at 10:35 PM.
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:12 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^^

Well, that might make more sense if both of those WR's didn't have 100 receptions and huge seasons before Fitzgerald or Royal ever showed up.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
espnhatesthe49ers
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well, that might make more sense if both of those WR's didn't have 100 receptions and huge seasons before Fitzgerald or Royal ever showed up.
You're right about that. Both Marshall and Boldin had 1 great season prior to Royal/ Fitz arrival. I shouldn't have implied that a possession receiver needs a deep threat to be effective because that's not the case. BTW Marshall is a much better target down the field than Boldin/ Hous/ Crabs. His 6'4 230 pound frame makes up for his lack of top end speed.

That being said that doesn't change the fact that Crabs and Hous have the same limitations/ skill set and won't be a good pair. You're about to invest 90 mil on 2 guys who play the same role in an offense. Nobody's going to fear either one of those guys stretching the field.

Last edited by espnhatesthe49ers : 04-25-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
You're right about that. Both Marshall and Boldin had 1 great season prior to Royal/ Fitz arrival. I shouldn't have implied that a possession receiver needs a deep threat to be effective because that's not the case. BTW Marshall is a much better target down the field than Boldin/ Hous/ Crabs. His 6'4 230 pound frame makes up for his lack of top end speed.

That being said that doesn't change the fact that Crabs and Hous have the same limitations/ skill set and won't be a good pair. You're about to invest 90 mil on 2 guys who play the same role in an offense. Nobody's going to fear either one of those guys stretching the field.
Well I guess it comes down who you think will be the better player out of Monroe, Curry, and Crabtree, Crabtree may not be the position you "need" but if they think he'll be dominant I can see it, I mean you guys do run a WCO and Crabtree should be a monster in that system.

I'm not sure what you guys do, I think Sanchez is still in the mix too, my original point was that I thought the OP was onto something when you don't pay much attention to a logical choice in Crabtree, unless they didn't want to tip their hand.

I still have no idea where Crabtree will go, but I don't think signing TJ at his age should stop you from getting a stud at the WR position.

Quote: