Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-24-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Freeman ruled out

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-onto-freeman/

"League sources say this is a smokescreen".

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
ratiffshabang
Rookie

ratiffshabang hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would be totally ok with him being a smokescreeen.. honestly i never thought we were ever targeting him. they said they woudl go into camp with 4 qbs, which we have on the roster now. however i would take a flyer on Rhett Bomar in the 3rd if we are indeed interested in a QB.. i really don't think we are tho. i see us examining what we have in McCown and Johnson. if they don't like what they see from them, then we'll target a QB in next years draft.
ratiffshabang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can't take a flier on a QB in the 3rd round. We have too many needs on defense and at WR to roll the dice on another mediocre QB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im glad, I didn't want him with our 1st pick. People make too big of a deal if a coach was at the same school as a player. Sure he saw his play up close, work ethic, leadership, etc. That is a plus or negative. Just cause you coached a guy doesn't mean you have to love him. The connection was made on its own so it doesn't take the team much effort to get people to believe it.

The quality goes way down after White, a lot of that values comes from him being moved to WR if it doesn't work out at QB. After that there is very little, anyone else would be a long-term developmental pick but we already have 1 with Johnson.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Did you guys actually read the article? I'm just making assumptions for my own self-serving bias.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I read this earlier today. I wouldn't be shocked if it were a smokescreen, but it could easily be a probable pick too.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I have my doubts about the team leaking their interest to trade up for a quarterback in the middle of the 1st round...the day before the draft. It's unlikely that it's anything more than an intentional smokescreen or a fabrication on the part of some league official.

If we really are leaning towards Freeman....I'd be more concerned about the team's inability to keep their mouths shut than Freeman's bust factor.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 99.999% positive we won't take Freeman. All this 'Raheem is familar with him because of 1 year' stuff is just fueling the smokescreen. I think Dominik and the FO has actually done a good job of building up our perceived interest in him. I think we're going to be able to trade down if he's still there and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. If we do trade down, I wouldn't be surprised if we picked Harvin with one of the picks.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
ratiffshabang
Rookie

ratiffshabang hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
I'm 99.999% positive we won't take Freeman. All this 'Raheem is familar with him because of 1 year' stuff is just fueling the smokescreen. I think Dominik and the FO has actually done a good job of building up our perceived interest in him. I think we're going to be able to trade down if he's still there and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. If we do trade down, I wouldn't be surprised if we picked Harvin with one of the picks.
guess your 99 percent chance wasn't strong enough. i hate this pick beyond words, esp considering we traded up to get him and didn't need to.. i think this pick is going to set us back for at least 5 years.. so pissed
ratiffshabang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOL at this thread.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, at least we know where we're picking next year

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
If we really are leaning towards Freeman....I'd be more concerned about the team's inability to keep their mouths shut than Freeman's bust factor.
Really concerning. EPIC FAIL. How did our interest for Freeman end up all over the internet. Inexperienced HC & GM, that's how. Poor execution of drafting a QB with high bust potential.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
well, at least we know where we're picking next year
Thirty-Two?

Old 04-26-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Captain Fear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Really concerning. EPIC FAIL. How did our interest for Freeman end up all over the internet. Inexperienced HC & GM, that's how. Poor execution of drafting a QB with high bust potential.
I thought you said they weren't inexperienced? Damn, you almost had me convinced.
Captain Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reverse psychology is a *****. :D
Old 04-26-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:(

Motha**** the 10char rule and Josh Freeman

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fear View Post
I thought you said they weren't inexperienced? Damn, you almost had me convinced.
I never said the HC and GM were experienced, I said the coaching staff as a whole is experienced. The people who will be running our offense and defense are as experienced as you can get. Inexperience is hardly an excuse for us losing games this year. In the future, maybe, as our decision-makers are inexperienced and underwhelming at this point.

Nice try though, you almost had me convinced that you have half-decent logic, observation and comprehension skills.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Captain Fear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I never said the HC and GM were experienced, I said the coaching staff as a whole is experienced. The people who will be running our offense and defense are as experienced as you can get. Inexperience is hardly an excuse for us losing games this year. In the future, maybe, as our decision-makers are inexperienced and underwhelming at this point.

Nice try though, you almost had me convinced that you have half-decent logic, observation and comprehension skills.
I understood your point. Unfortunately you were unable to comprehend mine. I never drew a straight line between inexperience and a 2-14 season, I merely suggested that it was a part of a larger whole that could make it possible for the Bucs to suck badly this season. But when you view opinions in extremes, I understand how you came to your conclusions.

With that said however, I have been nothing but impressed by our FO moves so far this off-season. I hope our on field decisions can be equally impressive.
Captain Fear is offline   Reply With Quote