Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default SARF Flu

So things have gotten pretty ugly in Mexico. The swine flu, which originally was a small virus in Mexico City, has now spread all across the country, had taken 81 lives (minimum), has infected around 1,500, and none of these diagnosed people has been cured.

The virus has also been found in Texas, California, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Canada, France, Australia, New Zealand, and Israel, and has claimed lives in San Diego, Texas, and around five cities in Mexico.

Here's a map that is updated every couple of minutes, and it shows the locations of people diagnosed with the virus: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,88.330078&z=4

The exact nature of the virus has yet to be identified, and a cure has yet to be created. The World Health Organization has stated that the influenza will be impossible to contain.

In my hometown of San Pedro (right beside Monterrey in northern Mexico), schools have been shut down until further notice. The government has shut down businesses such as discos and cinemas. We can't go to theaters to watch plays. Elections are coming up in July and the majority of political events have been canceled. No crowds are allowed to attend sport events. Those who have tickets get a full refund. Even churches have been closed down and entrance is prohibited by the government.

A woman from my hometown was diagnosed with the virus, and in less than a week she passed away. In a span of five hours, ten new cases appeared, and all show the same symptoms.

I was wondering if any of you know something about the virus, like scientifically. I've tried to look into it, but can't seem to find a lot. The border with the US is supposedly going to close in less than a week, so were practically stranded here. Is anybody here studying to become a doctor or something? I'm searching for medications and treatment for any type of influenza, to use it as precaution. I've looked for things in forums and stuff, by I only find complicated medical lingo that I can't comprehend. The way the disease spreads has not been found out yet, but researchers believe it could be airborne. That's why I want to know if there's some kind of shot or something that I could take.

I really need some help with this. I know it might sound kind of desperate, but things are worsening as each hour goes by and both the government and scientists are keeping everybody in the dark. No progress has been made, and to top things off the World Health Organization recently stated that containing the virus is almost impossible. They have loaned Mexico $200 million dollars to try and find a cure, but that usually takes time. For now, people are using little masks to cover their faces and many people carry anti-bacterial soap.

And as a suggestion to anyone who was thinking of coming to Mexico, don't. This is bound to get worse and you could be seriously affected. Take my word for it, go to some other nice place that's swine flu - free.

So does anyone know anything that might be useful? I'd sincerely appreciate the help.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote