Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 04-25-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
simmy1989
Rookie

simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.
Default Panthers Day 2 Thoughts

2 (43) (from 49ers) Everette Brown, DE, Florida State
2 (59) Sherrod Martin, CB/S, Troy
3 (93) Corvey Irvin, DT, Georgia

Guys I have on my eye for the 2 4th's, 1 5th, and 1 6th

WR
Juaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma- Solid WR with good hands
Jarrett Dillard, Rice- very intersting prospect, lets see if he can play the nfl like he did c-usa in college

TE
Shawn Nelson, Southern Miss- a great pass catchting threat at TE
Cornelius Ingram, Florida- another pass catching threat at TE
James Casey, Rice- very versile guy carolina could move around and put in different spots

OT
Jamon Meredith, South Carolina- solid OT that would add depth that carolina lost in free agency this offseason
Xavier Fulton, Illinois- im an illinois fan so a little bias here, but xavier is a hard worker that would be a solid 4th or 5th rounder to add depth to the o-line

OT/OG
Duke Robinson, Oklahoma- surprised he still on the board at 4, nice player to grab this late

DE/OLB
Lawrence Sidbury, Richmond- guy i really like has a sleeper

CB
D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt- I'm hearing good things about this guy and that he is a good return man, something Carolina really needs, especially after losing Mark Jones

Just puting my thoughts out and get some discussion going, feel free to put your two cents in

Last edited by simmy1989 : 04-26-2009 at 11:48 AM.
simmy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:04 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If one of the highly-rated defensive tackles is still available at their pick in the third-round, I'd like to see one of them be the pick.

Also, as mentioned in the other thread, I'd like to see the team take a chance on Jarett Dillard.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
simmy1989
Rookie

simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.

updating for 4th round has we speak
simmy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It wasn't a need, but I really like the Mike Goodson pick. He's a replacement for/upgrade over Nick Goings and hopefully signals an even greater commitment to the running game in the upcoming season.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

L-O-V-E the Duke Robinson pick, especially that late in the draft. He seems to be the perfect player for the style of play our offense employs.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we have had a decent draft, I like the Brown pick, we will see how much trading away future picks will hurt us in the future.

I heard Martin will be a corner, I think that he could be good, don't know much about him though.

Seems like we picked up a great fifth rounder with Duke though.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we did well. Not a fan of the 3rd round DT but other than that I like the players we picked up. Wish next year's first wasnt burned again, but Brown can be worth it
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
I think we did well. Not a fan of the 3rd round DT but other than that I like the players we picked up. Wish next year's first wasnt burned again, but Brown can be worth it
Yeah, I think everyone has that one pick that raised an eyebrow. Mine is Goodman, it is just random to me. Obviously we have DeAngelo and Stewart, and I liked Birmingham. I know we cut Goings, but is a third rounder required to replace Goings?
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodson was a 4th rounder, and from what they're saying there's been talk about using him on returns and in the slot some as well.

Last edited by JPF : 04-27-2009 at 07:33 AM.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:18 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked the RB pick. If you watch the highlights he's a shifty space type of runner - the kind of player all the idiots who don't know football thought DeAngelo was before this year. We needed a 3rd RB, and while there was certainly other places to fill that spot (Birmingham, later round pick this year like Peerman) Goodson also seems to have some receiving ability and his running style looks like it's made for kick returns. Fills multiple holes and might even be a guy we throw a couple screens at. He reminds me a little of Jerious Norwood tbh

I dont like the DT pick because it seems any time we reach in the mid rounds for a guy from a major conference school on defense it doesn't work out. It's hard for these guys to fall through the cracks when they're on TV and on the field so much. On offense it's different b/c they have to get the ball to make a difference - but I see us get a guy from UGA who was projected in the late rounds and all I can think is James Anderson, Atiyyah Ellison, etc. Then I go read about how the GT coach all but called this guy out as the reason they ran for about 500 yards on UGAs defense and I really worry about the run defense
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote