Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default Jared Allen wants trade

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/16777878.htm

Chiefs | Allen requests trade
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 06:46:43 -0800

Elizabeth Merrill and Randy Covitz, of the Kansas City Star, report Kansas City Chiefs DE Jared Allen has requested a trade from the team due to a contract squabble. Allen formally requested the trade when a meeting between his agent and the team did not produce a contract proposal. The team, instead, plans to tender the restricted free agent March 1. Both sides are considered far apart on an extension, according to Allen's agent. "It doesn't look like my future is going to be (in Kansas City)," Allen said. "I wanted to finish my career there." "I feel shocked and hurt. Requesting a trade was probably the toughest thing I've had to do. It's nothing personal against the town of Kansas City and the fans. It's been great. (But) it doesn't look like my future is going to be there, and I have to accept that. That's why this is so hard. All the hard work I've put in, the blood, sweat and tearsÂ…I wanted to finish my career there. I was led to believe I was going to."
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't give a massive signing bonus to a guy with a history of drunk driving either. He should be in jail instead of crying about how "betrayed" he feels. I'm already sick of the offseason, players are such spoiled brats.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wonder who would want him. Some teams in desperate need for a DE like the Broncos maybe.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

DAMNNNNN.

Trade for a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Some rethinking I need to do draft wise wow.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamichamp_305 View Post
I wonder who would want him. Some teams in desperate need for a DE like the Broncos maybe.
Bucs would want him, but not for a 1st and 3rd. NOOO WAY for anything near that, in fact. Allen seems to feel that he could be a 15 sack guy if he wasn't on the Chiefs, and he is partially right.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His drinking problem and possible suspension may be a problem

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think we'd trade him, and I don't think we'll pay him either. Even if he causes a fuss and holds out of training camp I don't see us doing either of the two. Let him hold out and make himself look like an idiot.

If we do trade him I think we'd ask for something rediculous in return.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lions should go after him

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why wouldn't they pay the guy? He's probably the best defensive player they have.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id trade our 3rd for him. a burgess, allen DE combo would be very nice

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Why wouldn't they pay the guy? He's probably the best defensive player they have.
because he just got his 2nd DUI in his 3rd year in the league, and he's asking for top 5 DE money.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

remember this guy had 7 FF which means he can hit u hard, and he can also tackle at the run too, just needs to get his off the field things together and I cant see why he wont be a top 5 DE soon.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Pocket hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Lions are looking to move Bly.... possible deal here? That would be fine with me.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

I don't think he's going anywhere. CP is going to give him the highest tender (1st & 3rd), which nobody will be willing to give up, and I expect Allen to have a new deal sometime during the 2007 season.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like Minnesota would be a good fit for him. He would be able to be dominant with their tackles. Not sure if Minnesota would go for it with their supposed stress on high character players.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I wouldn't give a massive signing bonus to a guy with a history of drunk driving either. He should be in jail instead of crying about how "betrayed" he feels. I'm already sick of the offseason, players are such spoiled brats.
I agree 110% with you.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

right there with ya BF51

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
dazuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamichamp_305 View Post
*Raises Hand*

You already know Ceratto is calling the Chiefs trying to work something out...

If the Redskins get him, this would almost solidify Branch or Okoye as their pick.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC should really try to resolve this issue. They've been trying to build this defense and he and Hali are a good pair of DEs that they should try to keep together.

I can't see them getting muhc for him so I wouldn't be to eager to trade him for a day 2 pick.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJohnson27 View Post
because he just got his 2nd DUI in his 3rd year in the league, and he's asking for top 5 DE money.
DUI's aren't a big enough deal to not sign someone, it's not like he shot up a club or something. He just did a couple of stupid unnecessary things. Sign him and get him a personal driver.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DUI's aren't a big enough deal to not sign someone, it's not like he shot up a club or something. He just did a couple of stupid unnecessary things. Sign him and get him a personal driver.
yeah its not a big deal till he pulls a leonard little and kills somebody, but then again little just got a new deal...

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
I don't think we'd trade him, and I don't think we'll pay him either. Even if he causes a fuss and holds out of training camp I don't see us doing either of the two. Let him hold out and make himself look like an idiot.

If we do trade him I think we'd ask for something rediculous in return.
Who would hold out of Herm's training camps? They've gained a reputation as player friendly and some of the easiest picnics to attend in the NFL. As long as his players are happy, Herm doesn't care how out of shape they are.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

Quote:
Yea we should sign him, but give into his ridiculous demands? He needs to bring his price down first.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
THIZZorDIE
Veteran

THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
id trade our 3rd for him. a burgess, allen DE combo would be very nice
I could see that trade happening. Maybe a late 2nd day pick would need to be added. A trade inside the same division is always less likely though..
THIZZorDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Jacksonville perhaps giving a call on this one.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote