Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-27-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Creatine!

For awhile i was gaining weight (muscle, not fat) and getting stronger doing things naturally and eating alot of food spread out over the course of the day. Everything was going fine up until about a month and half ago when the gain in strength and weight stopped. Then about two weeks ago i lost a bit of weight and strength. Im a little worried and wanna know if I should use creatine

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How old are you?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just turned seventeen. Entering my senior year of football

Old 04-27-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you gonna keep working out after you finish football?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Are you gonna keep working out after you finish football?
yeah, not as much though.
I suppose I'd have to ease off the creatine after football.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

load up on 'em 'roids
Old 04-27-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You plateaued. Keep working out and do it the natural way.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

steroids are as American as apple pie and thats why we American football.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
yeah, not as much though.
I suppose I'd have to ease off the creatine after football.
I wouldn't suggest you taking it, i've seen many people that were regular creatine users, and after they stopped, or slowed down, their bodies turned into mush. I don't know the science behind it, but that many people is NOT a coincidence.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wouldn't suggest you taking it, i've seen many people that were regular creatine users, and after they stopped, or slowed down, their bodies turned into mush. I don't know the science behind it, but that many people is NOT a coincidence.
Im afraid of that too. Some of my friends that did it and stopped turned out fine. Others turned to mush and some other guys are afraid to stop.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Im afraid of that too. Some of my friends that did it and stopped turned out fine. Others turned to mush and some other guys are afraid to stop.
Well here's how you should think about it. If you've worked out to the point where your body has topped out naturally, you would really need to do some heavy doses of creatine to see some results. Your friends that turned out fine, were they heavy users?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took creatine, as long as you cycle it it is safe. If you do it for too long without cycling your body may stop producing and processing it correctly.

I would take it 5g a for three months, then not do it for a month and repeat. I eventually stopped just because I got to the size I wanted. I kept working out and my body didn't turn to mush.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
You beat me to it. Damn classes.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I took creatine, as long as you cycle it it is safe. If you do it for too long without cycling your body may stop producing and processing it correctly.

I would take it 5g a for three months, then not do it for a month and repeat. I eventually stopped just because I got to the size I wanted. I kept working out and my body didn't turn to mush.
Yeah, i figured if i kept working out I wouldnt have to worry about the creatine making me mushy.

Quote:
Well here's how you should think about it. If you've worked out to the point where your body has topped out naturally, you would really need to do some heavy doses of creatine to see some results. Your friends that turned out fine, were they heavy users?
I honestly can't say

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
That guy looked disgusting...

Old 04-27-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really no harm in it as long as you keep a steady routine and drink plenty of water. Especially when you're drinking.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
Really no harm in steroids as long as you keep a steady routine and drink plenty of Muscle Milk. Especially when you're injecting.
fixed for you.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Muscle Milk!!!! Protein!!!!! Hgh!!! Power Bar!!!!!!!

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok here is how to do it, I have done this and actually talked to a Health guy, a doctor and a sports medicine doctor on top of that.

Creatine really does no harm if you do it the right way, if not you can really hurt yourself (liver, brain etc.)
The way to do it is this way

Creatine before and/or after you work out for 1 month straight (at least 1 time a day, recommened dose)
Protein in Milk 2 times a day everyday (Even after you take a break of Creatine)
Other type of protein (penut butter sandwhich 2 hours or so before you workout, so lunch, and within 2 hours of working out, dinner)
Make sure on top of that you drink plenty of water everyday otherwise you will start to get really dizzy and lightheaded.

After 1 month on creatine, take 25-30 days off without any creatine and only the other things. Then repeat the process. Best way is right there.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ohhh, sounds like symptoms of the swine flu... well, it's been nice knowing ya!

;)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't stress the plenty of fluids part enough.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside
Really no harm in it as long as you keep a steady routine and drink plenty of water. Especially when you're drinking.
Just to be clear, I meant "drinking" as in drinking alcohol, not drinking a creatine shake. Because alcohol is a diuretic-blah blah grade 9 health.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

don't drink alcohol how about that.

Creatine is good in moderation, like every thing. Try other production first before going to pure creatine. Try adding extra whey protein to your diet, or add more calories, in the form of a well balanced weight gainer, try Cyto Sports weight gainer, Cyto Gainer.

Also creatine comes in food, like beef.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know some were joking, but I am not. Use steroids.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I wouldn't bother to be honest. I'm not saying it's not safe or anything (although it's not exactly good for you either) but I just don't see the point to be honest. Too much hassle consuming fluids all the time and having to take it properly in order to get results.

There are plenty of other alternatives to creatine and if your body is losing strength it's probably just overworked more than anything else if you have been continually lifting weights with consistency.

I think most people just don't realize that when you really start gaining a lot of muscle and strength you need to maintain what you're doing to keep muscle but more importantly you need to give your body the proper rest in order for the muscle cells to break down and rebuild themselves.

That is usually a big problem in that people will lift ever day but not alternate their muscle groups properly and it leads to muscle breakdown.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, for what you will spend on it, you wont see improvements. Creatine, in my opinion, is highly overrated. Protein is a much better investment. You get enough creatine in your natural diet to produce muscle growth, overloading your system with synthetic **** wont do you any good. I suggest that you vary your workout routine. Oftentimes, when working out and seeming to plateau, its just your body getting used to your current program. I make a habit of getting a new program every 4 weeks, that way, Im always making gains instead of just training my body to do certain exercises well. Id suggest that, and whey protein after working out if you really wanna pack on the muscle. Avoid creatine IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote