Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-27-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Espn needs to focus more on the 2nd day picks. Like 10 picks go by and they'll highlight say one guy and talk about him for a good 5 seconds. I honestly dont want to hear about the top 5 guys for the duration of the 2nd day. They always show clips of the Brady's and Davis' of the world and yet they dont even focus on these later guys. Pretty annoying. It actually used to be better...but now all they care about is re-hashing the 1st round for multiple hours. You can do that when the draft is over, imo.
you are correct, the day 2 coverage is terrible
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if NFLN tried to snag Kiper? Mayock+ Kiper = epic. I would love to see those two go at it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFLN coverage on the second day was pretty kickass. I had the chance to see the first round of ESPN coverage in Canada so I decided to give it a shot, but it honestly almost put me to sleep. I'll take the NFLN experts over their guys any day. I love Mel, of course, but Mayock is currently the best in the business and I think he proved it again with another tremendous weekend. I'm glad I missed out on the ESPN day two coverage after what you guys said, interviewing Hoyer and Cosby to fill up some time? Wow. I could only imagine how pissed I'd be seeing them neglect the majority of those second day guys.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well NFLN had a lot of commercials which was annoying and they had some weird Draft reviews of 99 01 and so on

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont usually mind espn, but i admit that their coverage was awful this year

they just kept talking while the commissioner was announcing the picks

next year ill just watch nfOH WAIT COMCAST LOL

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys notice on day 1 that when ESPN went on commercial.. So did NFLN.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was in the opening pan on ESPN. ballin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had one major problem with NFL Network, moreso on Day Two: their draft ticker was a major letdown. There were commercials galore but their ticker doesn't provide the pick live, like ESPN does. So a good amount of the time I ended up flipping to ESPN when picks were about to be made on Sunday because of that.

But other than that, NFLN all the way. I can't stand anyone at ESPN. I mean I always enjoy hearing Steve Young talk about football, but he knows **** about the Draft and the prospects.

Also yes, Trey Wingo is a thousand times better than Berman. I hate Berman and can't wait until he's no longer on ESPN.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also NFL Network played their damn intro song way too much, that crap was just as annoying as the steroids/apple pie commercial that is still stuck in my head.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiper, McShay, Mayock, Eisen, and Scheftler should make their own network and broadcast the draft.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN day 1 :)

ESPN day 2 :(
Old 04-27-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I had one major problem with NFL Network, moreso on Day Two: their draft ticker was a major letdown. There were commercials galore but their ticker doesn't provide the pick live, like ESPN does. So a good amount of the time I ended up flipping to ESPN when picks were about to be made on Sunday because of that.
Fully agree. I did the exact same thing. I even had the NFL site up with the draft tracker to keep me updated.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL.com for me didn't work so I'd say that was a major let down.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely abadoned my laptop the second day because I was that lazy. I really wish I hadn't.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN annoyed me greatly. I usually don't get annoyed, but you'd think Sanchez was the greatest prospect ever. They would not shut up about him.

I also grew tired of them spoiling every single pick. I wish they would've interviewed more prospects between picks rather than talking about the same crap over and over.

Their graphics sucked this year and they talked way way too much.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN 1: Hard on for Mark Sanchez, and yes good god, the Apple pie commercial, that was annoying as ****. As well as Berman, I have hated him forever.

ESPN 2: Hard on for the Patriots. I dislike Trey Wingo too, but at least he ain't Berman. And yes, still thhe American Pie commercial. Had to flip it over to the NFLN eventually midway through day 2 when Trent Dilfer cummed right in his pants on TV over the Pats.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, and draft grades, Pete Prisco on CBSSports.com is awful. Some of the worst I have ever seen. Detroit an A? Pettigrew being their best pick? San Fran with a C- cuz they took Crabtree? And then the fricking Raiders pick of DHB was a great, correct pick, LOL.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
ESPN annoyed me greatly. I usually don't get annoyed, but you'd think Sanchez was the greatest prospect ever. They would not shut up about him.

I also grew tired of them spoiling every single pick. I wish they would've interviewed more prospects between picks rather than talking about the same crap over and over.

Their graphics sucked this year and they talked way way too much.
If someone started watching the draft and knew nothing about it, they would have thought it was all for Sanchez. They were calling it the Mark Sanchez lottery. It was out of control

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

And most annoying goes to Steve Young. At times I thought he was gonna tell the Vikes to take Steven McGie #22 overall because they don't got a franchise QB, and all that don't have one should take one in round 1.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only coverage we get is ESPN. The coverage finished at about pick 55 on day 1 to go to the American Tractor Pulling Championships....was heaps happy about that.

yay...

Didn't even get any sort of coverage on day 2
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear if I hear "Live Yo Life" over the next week, my head may explode.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I swear if I hear "Live Yo Life" over the next week, my head may explode.
I think next year they should go with the numa numa song. Which I'm sure had no influence on life yo life whatsoever. Apple pie.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

espn did/ is doing a great job in covering mark sanchez it seemed like that he was the only player drafted this year.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
the Quan Cosby thing just got painful because Bill Cosby just made every comment awkward.
I know most people didn't like it, but it was great, because it was free marketing for my school. Any time Temple football gets national coverage it's a good thing.