Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-26-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Draft Discussion Thread

Only 364 more days!

We don't have a first rounder again, but here's hoping Cutler proves to be more than worth it this year!

I think we'll def. be looking for more receiver help, we could still use a true #1 guy but that might be hard to do in the 2nd round.

We got a lot of quick fixes on the o-line this year but I'm sure we'll need to look at some longer term solutions as well.

Once again, DE is a priority need. Theres a chance we lose Wale, Idonije and Mark Anderson next year I believe. So we could use help there.

But we've got a year to think about it and I'm sure a LOT will happen that we couldn't possibly have predicted. (Who would have thunk that we'd have Jay Cutler even a few months ago?)

So enjoy...discuss.....etc.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we definitely need Safety help unless Payne and the rest show a lot of promise

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big time DE.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about next year. Right now, I'm gonna say we pick in the teens again and miss out on the playoffs. I think we'll be better than last year, at least on offense, but we disappoint once again.

I think the lack of a top WR hurts us on offense. And while I think our OLine will be better, I'm worried about a lack of cohesiveness due to basically have 3-4 new starters.

On D, it basically all is riding on the front 4. I think our secondary is decent but needs improvement, and that we have a very good linebacking core with Briggs and Lach. But the holes we have in the secondary and linbacking core will be exposed if we don't have good front 4 play again, just like last year.

I think we'll see a big year out of Tommie, and I think both Harrison and Gilbert will be good players for us next year. However, I'm not sold on Adams, and he's basically our best and only run stuffer on the DL. Even if he does play good, if he gets hurt, that's gonna really hinder our run D and the play of Urlacher. I guess Dvoracek might be the wildcard here, and I really like his motor, but I've seen nothing to get excited about. He can't stay healthy and he sucked ass last year.

As for the outside, Brown should be solid once again. However, I don't think we'll see much of an improvement out of Ogunleye, as I think his best days have been behind him. The only hope I have for Ogunleye is that this is his contract year so he might break out. The wildcard for the DE's is Anderson. If he gets back to his 06 form, our pass rush will be much improved. I'm hoping the reason for his dropoff has been bad DL coaches. Idonije will likely make his contributions on special teams, although I wouldn't rule him out really surprising a lot of people and maybe even taking that LDE spot from Ogunleye. Melton, while I do like him, I think he's just gonna be a developmental player for next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see us use the IRedshirt on him like we have for many developmental players in the past.

Right now, I'd say team needs would include (in no order. Italics means it depends on how the players we have at those positions do): FS, SS, CB, SAM, DE, NT, WR, and OL depth.

My pick for surprise player on defense next year is Josh Bullocks. I think in a zone scheme he might be able to flourish.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like this draft a lot of if the big time juniors come out.

Jerry will have ammo to move up in this draft at least. We were really handicapped this year due to the Cutler trade.

Some of my favorites:

Arrelious Benn - WR - Illinois
Marvin Austin - DT - UNC
Gerald McCoy - DT - Oklahoma
Everson Griffen - DE - USC
Carlos Dunlap - DE - Florida
Eric Berry - S - Tennessee
Taylor Mays - S - USC
Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma State
Arthur Jones - DE/DT - Syracuse
Bryan Bulaga - OT - Iowa
Old 04-26-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
thecoolest
Rookie

thecoolest hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rejus Benn is an absolute beast. I think we'd have to move in to the 1st to get him. Getting one of Berry and Mays would be fantastic too.
thecoolest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll be handicapped next year too with no first......I doubt many of those guys come close to us.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
We'll be handicapped next year too with no first......I doubt many of those guys come close to us.
We didn't have a 3rd or 1st this year which really hurt. You can't trade compensation picks.

We will not be near as handicapped for the 2010 draft.

Also, Jerry could dangle the 2011 first if he wants to move in. He didn't have that option this weekend.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way we trade our 3rd straight 1st round pick.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
No way we trade our 3rd straight 1st round pick.
Uh, why the hell not?

This 2010 class is going to be one of the better classes in a while and this team may be close.

If Jerry really likes a defensive player or receiver and he's got enough ammo to move up, you better believe Jerry would pull the trigger.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quick 2010 mock.

2. Sam Young RT
3. Auston English DE
4. John Jerry RG

I think Jerry will fall like all the other huge RGs have.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Uh, why the hell not?

This 2010 class is going to be one of the better classes in a while and this team may be close.

If Jerry really likes a defensive player or receiver and he's got enough ammo to move up, you better believe Jerry would pull the trigger.
Have you not noticed that every year is so much better than the last?

Old 04-29-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Have you not noticed that every year is so much better than the last?
This last draft was class was weak and everyone was aware of that. That is why almost everyone wanted to trade out of the top-10.

I saw an interview with Kiper on ESPNews yesterday discussing the 2010 draft and he said it's not even close. 2010 is a great looking class.

It's pretty much a consensus that 2010 is going to be much better than the 2009 class.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
This last draft was class was weak and everyone was aware of that. That is why almost everyone wanted to trade out of the top-10.

I saw an interview with Kiper on ESPNews yesterday discussing the 2010 draft and he said it's not even close. 2010 is a great looking class.

It's pretty much a consensus that 2010 is going to be much better than the 2009 class.
Yeah, I have to agree that this past class was very weak.

But one thing about next year that I've noticed lately, it's not going to be as weak of a QB class as I've been hearing, especially if some of the top upperclassmen come out.

I know that really doesn't affect us anymore, but with the potential of guys like Bradford and Snead coming out, it makes next year a lot less weak imo.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see if a rookie play scale gets implemented because that could alter the value of top round picks. If we end up having a down year, it might not make a top ten pick as poisonous.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
It will be interesting to see if a rookie play scale gets implemented because that could alter the value of top round picks. If we end up having a down year, it might not make a top ten pick as poisonous.
Denver will just love it then. ;)
Old 04-29-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Denver will just love it then. ;)
Damn I keep forgetting. I still can't believe Denver traded their 1st rounder to Seattle. What the hell is that about?
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Damn I keep forgetting. I still can't believe Denver traded their 1st rounder to Seattle. What the hell is that about?
Either Seattle was smart to ask for that one or Denver is just ********. There is not a snowballs chance in hell we do worse than Denver this year barring some kind of injury to a key player. (Likely multiple key players. Hell, our team bus might need to go off a cliff for us to do worse than Denver.)

So, if Seattle struggles again, theres a good chance they end up with two top 10 picks while Denver could do as badly as they want and if we do well, could be picking in the 20's or 30's. God I hope 30's......
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having Denver pick 32nd would be great.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We didn't have a 3rd or 1st this year which really hurt. You can't trade compensation picks.

We will not be near as handicapped for the 2010 draft.

Also, Jerry could dangle the 2011 first if he wants to move in. He didn't have that option this weekend.
That still wouldn't get you into the first. Carolina gave up their 2010 first and only got pick 43.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quick 2010 mock.

2. Sam Young RT
3. Auston English DE
4. John Jerry RG

I think Jerry will fall like all the other huge RGs have.
Jerry will be a first round pick, he is the best OG in the draft.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
That still wouldn't get you into the first. Carolina gave up their 2010 first and only got pick 43.
Carolina gave up a first, because they really wanted Everette Brown.

Just the year before Philly traded their first round pick to Carolina for a future 1st. (Jeff Otah)

2011 1st + something else will get you into the first round.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Jerry will be a first round pick, he is the best OG in the draft.
Duke Robinson much?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Duke Robinson much?
Duke was over hyped because of the school he went to. John needs to drop the weight, but he is just as talented and has more upside than Duke.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Duke was over hyped because of the school he went to. John needs to drop the weight, but he is just as talented and has more upside than Duke.
I dunno......last year at this time right up until I think the national championship game, Duke was a lock first rounder with huge upside and pro bowl potential. Then he drops like a rock......

Plus so few true guards go in the first to begin with...

We'll see next year at this time, but right now, I'm skeptical.