Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-27-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Over/Under For Top 3 Picks Successful Rookie Campaign

What would you consider the over/under for a "successful" rookie campaign for Stafford, Pettigrew and Delmas to be? Here are my picks:

Stafford: 3300 yds, 20 tds, 15 ints, 55% completions (based on 16 starts)
Pettigrew: 40 catches, 450 yds, 4 tds, 30 domination blocks
Delmas: 60 tackles, 2 int, 2 sacks, 2 FF
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
What would you consider the over/under for a "successful" rookie campaign for Stafford, Pettigrew and Delmas to be? Here are my picks:

Stafford: 3300 yds, 20 tds, 15 ints, 55% completions (based on 16 starts)
Pettigrew: 40 catches, 450 yds, 4 tds, 30 domination blocks
Delmas: 60 tackles, 2 int, 2 sacks, 2 FF
Stafford won't be the starter untill at least week 8 but if you're saying his stats for next year when he will start all 16 games:

Stafford - 3010 yds 18 tds 22 ints 52% completion
Pettigrew- looks about right, how can you determine "domination blocks?"
Delmas- looks right maybe a little less tackles
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Domination blocks are basically pancakes. You can find stats on them, but they're not really common.

I'm of the opinion that STafford will start much earlier than week 8, but I could very well be wrong. If he can get in at least 8 games this year, then I think his year 2 totals could be pretty decent....better td/int ratio anyways.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

Stafford's first season will be a success if he isn't rushed into the strarting job and pummeled by opposing teams' blitzes. He could sit all season and I could consider that a success if Daunte Culpepper is playing reasonably well.

(I'd really like Daunte to play well enough to make a case for coming back in 2010; if there's a way for the Lions to get something out of him -- either in bench strength or as trade bait -- beyond this final year of his contract, I'm all for it.)

Pettigrew's rookie season will be a success if he wins the starting TE job (should be easy enough) and gets his number called out a few times a game for positive reasons: a heads-up block to protect the QB on a blitz, a crushing lead block down the field on a running play, an easy 6-yard catch in the middle of the endzone...that kind of stuff. He needs to avoid penalties and injuries, play to the high level he's capable of playing, and assert himself as a leader among the receiving corps.

The mission for Delmas is simple: STAY HEALTHY! Avoid the neck stingers, shoulder injuries, cracked ribs and hip pointers -- all those injuries incurred when little guys make flying tackles on big guys.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 of 3 will do fantastic in 2009 .... my choice may surprise you.
Pettigrew will be a force. I think it will be like nothing we Lion's fans have seen before given his unique skill set. He will not only flourish in Linehan's system he will up Calvin's game by forcing LB/S over to account for him.
Stafford won't play imo until week 8 after the bye, against St. Louis. Good opponent to kick off his pro career and favorable teams follow ... only 3 of 10 were play off teams from 2008. However, I still think he struggles with the speed of the game and try's rushing/forcing throws. This would after all be his senior year and we the fans have as much to do with rushing new QB's to the slaughter!? (sorry it's true of Batch & Harrington) Also, since we did not address lineman until the 7th round and UFA, face it ... he is going to be sacked/hurried/flushed out plenty which is not a strength of his that I see anyway. No #'s predictions on Stafford but 2010 will be his year to impress with statistics NOT 2009.
Delmas will be okay. I worry about his durability. He gives 100% and sacrifices his body with so many kill shots he might struggle staying healthy for 16 games and all that comes with a frosh season in the pro's. Not wishing him injury by any means ... I do think it's funny that he Lion's have drafted a safety in round 2 in multiple years with Bullocks, Alexander & now Delmas. Hopefully he was scouted by better personnel than the Millen regime.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to seeing our second day Defensive picks play.. DeAndre Levy, Zack Follett and Sammie Lee Hill. I know everybody expects all of their teams late round picks to be steals, but I think Sammie Lee Hill could especially develop into something good.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing our second day Defensive picks play.. DeAndre Levy, Zack Follett and Sammie Lee Hill. I know everybody expects all of their teams late round picks to be steals, but I think Sammie Lee Hill could especially develop into something good.
If I were DeAndre Levy I would come in and flat out get into a brawl at camp next week. He needs to prove himself and show some toughness.

I would love to here reports of this happening. It would excite me.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote