Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-27-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Bullock is a pretty interesting signing
Yea, I thought so to. They are probabaly trying to find the next Antonio Gates.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Here is an updated list of our UDFA's.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...etball-player/

I love the signings of Emmanuel Cook and Westerman. I viewed Cook as 3rd round prospect a couple months ago.
I also really like Potter and Southerland (though I don't see him listed there) and hope an OL or two pans out. Surprised we didn't bring in many WR's, but I liked bringing in a lot of tight ends and linemen. With our thin draft class a lot of these guys have really good shots with us.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I also really like Potter and Southerland (though I don't see him listed there) and hope an OL or two pans out. Surprised we didn't bring in many WR's, but I liked bringing in a lot of tight ends and linemen. With our thin draft class a lot of these guys have really good shots with us.
I could see almost half of them making the team. And your right about WR. I thought that we would have had signed a couple of guys by now.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh random tidbit, but I heard that Jarron Gilbert slipped because of a back problem. Not sure how reliable that is, but that might be the reason.

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 04-28-2009 at 02:12 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Oh random tidbit, but I heard that Jarron Gilbert slipped because of a back problem. Not sure how reliable that is, but that might be the reason.
Interesting. Well he wouldn't have made it to 76 if we had stood pat and we had Greene rated higher anyways so...

TJB posted a clip of Sanchez mic'd up in practice, so I figured I'd post it here as well in case anybody wanted to check it out.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

On NFL Live, Todd McShay said that Emmanuel Cook was the best UDFA signing so far. He said that he has a great shot to make the team.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
On NFL Live, Todd McShay said that Emmanuel Cook was the best UDFA signing so far. He said that he has a great shot to make the team.
You know I just used the search function on this site for Cook, and based on watching him in games some posters actually thought he was a potential first rounder... Our UDFA class will be interesting this year, I think we could easily have 3-5 guys make the roster.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope that's true, but It's Todd McShay. The guy is a major league asshat.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Jets cut Favre from their reserved/retired list. Probably nothing, but it's going to news because it's Favre. I think it'd be amusing if he went to the Vikes.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Jets cut Favre from their reserved/retired list. Probably nothing, but it's going to news because it's Favre. I think it'd be amusing if he went to the Vikes.
If anything, I would imagine it's so he could do the whole sign for a day and retire as a packer ala jerry rice and those other HOF guys.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Supposedly we're wearing the Titans throwbacks in 3 games this year, but in one or two we'll be wearing white Titans throwbacks instead of the blues?

Personally, I'd prefer something closer to these:

Old 04-29-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Supposedly we're wearing the Titans throwbacks in 3 games this year, but in one or two we'll be wearing white Titans throwbacks instead of the blues?

Personally, I'd prefer something closer to these:

Those are pretty nice^^^^

I hate the Titan throwback jerseys.
I like this one.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Titan blues.

This was from an NFL chat
Quote:
chris, new york
05:35 PM ET
what is the funniest prank a jets player has pulled on one of your teammates since you have been there.

Darrelle Revis, NFL.com
Last year, Brett Favre killed a turkey and put it in a trash bag and put it by one of our players' lockers, and the player freaked out.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I love the Titan blues.
You are the only one.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:

I like this one.

Yeah those are definitely pretty nice as well, I'd be happy with either green or white. Both would actually be pretty sweet.

Apparently the Titans blues are going to be blue 1 game this year and white in another 2, so we'll get to see new Titans jerseys. Just seems like a ploy to get more jersey sales to me...hopefully they switch the alternates soon to get even more new jersey sales. The whites should be better than the blues though, IMO.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

I'm so tired of seeing these Titans throwback jerseys. I dont even feel like I'm watching the Jets when they wear them. I heard the first game we're going to wear them is week 3 vs the current Titans at home.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate you guys...You took Rex Ryan...but you guys are looking pretty good, I'm loving the defense and now I will be forced to follow them to see how ol' Rexy, Scott, and Leonhard do there...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I hate you guys...You took Rex Ryan...but you guys are looking pretty good, I'm loving the defense and now I will be forced to follow them to see how ol' Rexy, Scott, and Leonhard do there...
Just call us Ravens north.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msolimani View Post
I'm so tired of seeing these Titans throwback jerseys. I dont even feel like I'm watching the Jets when they wear them. I heard the first game we're going to wear them is week 3 vs the current Titans at home.
You should be ashamed of yourself....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I kind of agree with him. I mean I obviously know it's the Jets and I'm rooting for them 110%, but I just think we could do something that's a little closer to where we are now. We're wearing NY Titans throwbacks, it's not even the Jets really. I'll love the Jets no matter what color uniforms they're wearing, but I'd like to see them do something a little more Jets related (a-la what 'Canes posted a few posts back) than the NY Titans blue and gold throwbacks. Do think the whites will be better, but I'd still prefer something...green.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

They don't need the uni's. THEY BLEED GREEN AND WHITE :D
Old 04-30-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Why? They're not throwing back to the old Jets jerseys, they're throwing back to those of the New York Titans. At least the terrible throwback Eagles jerseys are actually EAGLES jerseys. At least if the Tennessee Titans were to throwback to the Oilers, they would retain the color scheme. The New York Titans throwbacks don't retain either the name or the color scheme.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda like the Titans unis. It celebrates our fine history :D but other than that it brings something new to the table. Plus it allows us to sell an additional jersey to the fans, which is probably why we still rock them once a year.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:

I like this one.

Thats funny, when they wore those uniforms most people hated them and wanted them to go back to the 1968 Jets style unis which Parcells brought back
Old 04-30-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Why? They're not throwing back to the old Jets jerseys, they're throwing back to those of the New York Titans. At least the terrible throwback Eagles jerseys are actually EAGLES jerseys. At least if the Tennessee Titans were to throwback to the Oilers, they would retain the color scheme. The New York Titans throwbacks don't retain either the name or the color scheme.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I kinda like the Titans unis. It celebrates our fine history :D but other than that it brings something new to the table. Plus it allows us to sell an additional jersey to the fans, which is probably why we still rock them once a year.
That's why I think they should rock some older Jets jerseys, i.e. the 80's jerseys. They can sell an additional jersey, but it's a JETS jersey and it's GREEN. Just allows us to keep a little identity. Plus it's a throwback I'd actually contemplate buying lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
Thats funny, when they wore those uniforms most people hated them and wanted them to go back to the 1968 Jets style unis which Parcells brought back
I don't love them, but for two or three games a year I could handle them. Better than the Titans IMO for the reasons Crickett outlined above.