Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-24-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3-4 teams getting more recruiting pull?

with all these nfl teams switching to a 3-4, more of the league will have it in a couple year

does this give the few college teams that play the 3-4 an advantage in recruiting? since they can "prepare" you for the nfl better. just like having a pro offense or a rich history of nfl alumni, running a 3-4 can be just as prevalent pitching to a hs recruit,
Old 04-24-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. Most kids are thinking about the NFL when they go to play college ball.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Aren't? Or otherwise I don't see your point.

As per the topic, I would say not especially. Players don't know what their frames will end up being like and the 3-4 is a bit discriminatory in terms of what personnel can succeed. It makes more sense to go to a 4-3 team because the chances of fitting are more likely. If you already have the frame/weight though, and project well as either a nose or end, then maybe, but there won't be too many of those kids.

Last edited by Race for the Heisman : 04-25-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think if tyson jackson wasn't the only true 3-4 end in this draft, he'd be a 3rd rounder
Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

Quote:
if you mean aren't

i agree most aren't because most aren't good recruits. but if you're 4 or 5 stars, college is just a stop gap to get ready for the nfl.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everybody wants to play as one of the steelers money positions at OLB, so i can see why elite athletes would be lured to 3-4 specializing colleges. i don't think the recruits have really been doing that, but it will probably happen.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
everybody wants to play as one of the steelers money positions at OLB, so i can see why elite athletes would be lured to 3-4 specializing colleges. i don't think the recruits have really been doing that, but it will probably happen.
yeah i don't think they've done it in the past either, just more will do it in the future because of the nfl teams switching recently
Old 04-25-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
Aren't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
if you mean aren't
I meant arent; sorry, I'm an idiot.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Staggart
Rookie

Staggart smells like sex panther.

uva has had a 3-4 for awhile... They always recruit pretty well and silently are becoming an nfl talent machine.
Staggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I meant arent; sorry, I'm an idiot.
Except most that do go ARE in fact thinking of the NFL, and I would hope they would be(if i'm the college team that is).
Old 04-30-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Except most that do go ARE in fact thinking of the NFL, and I would hope they would be(if i'm the college team that is).
You think that 3-star guy is going to their school like, "yeah just have to bust out three years here and then time to make that money!"? I'd be shocked.