Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-29-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Could Delmas be a Dark-horse for DROY?

At first I was a little angry with the Delmas pick, but the more I looked at it the better it seemed. Considering that the Lions have hardly any decent players on defense, could this open the door for Delmas to win the defensive rookie of the year? I don't think he'll get a ton of picks, but he is gonna to have to make a ton of tackles if we want to have a chance at winning games.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he lined up some at corner early at western so he can cover and he loves to hit. he's going to have a huge impact. not sure how safeties normally do in our new scheme but he should be huge provided he takes care of himself. gotta love his effort.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. He can't.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be nice, but probably not. Very tough for a safety to win it. He would have to play like Bob Sanders for that to happen over a good pass rusher or impact Linebacker.

Delmas should be solid and make an impact especially because he can tackle and Dwight Smith and Kalvin Pearson are big pussies that cost us a ton of big runs. We got a solid player but Rookie of the year shouldn't even think about that yet.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he'll be a decent play, not great right out of the gate, but I'm just saying, somebody has to make tackles. I think his stats could be really inflated this year because we dont have that solid MLB to pick up a ton of tackles like a Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no he won't, It'll be a linebacker, as always..

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think so ... but not even a dark horse. He was the 13th overall defender taken and the first at his position. The expectations are HIGH, he's on a junk defense so the playing time is HIGH. But I agree with Addict, a LB is a safe bet.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Curry. That sounds like a safe bet.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Aaron Curry. That sounds like a safe bet.
Eh. He's got Lofa Tatupu and Leroy Hill to fight for tackles with. It's not like he's gonna be the only talented player on that D.

I got my money on Orakpo for DROY.

Last edited by WMD : 04-30-2009 at 11:49 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

You guys totally blew your 20th pick. Your telling me Michael Oher isnt good enough for Lions but he could be Ravens week 1 starter at left tackle ?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:43 AM    (permalink
ESimsfan87
Rookie

ESimsfan87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
You guys totally blew your 20th pick. Your telling me Michael Oher isnt good enough for Lions but he could be Ravens week 1 starter at left tackle ?
Yeah...thanks bro. Delmas was not the 20th pick, therefore the discussion surrounding the 20th pick and this thread has no merit.

When you get a starter at 20 its hard to say you blew it. I guess the Front Office just wanted the consensus number one tight end rather than the fourth offensive tackle. Even though I would have loved Oher, as a Lions fan I've never seen a good Tight End play for my team.
ESimsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
GTFO, troll.

also, change your damn sig before you get your ass infracted.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delmas will just have to be the Defensive Player of the Year then since nobody is giving him any love for the DROY.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few picks, maybe a sack or two, couple of FF's and a couple of FR's to go along with 60 or 70 tackles and you never know....not out of the realm of possibility imo.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote