Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-05-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I met Charles Grant in best buy on Veterans right before Christmas, his arm injury looked brutal. He said he won't be in any more Atlanta night clubs, his arm will be 100%, and he's gonna get 10+ sacks for me.

Great guy, he stopped and chatted for a long time and seemed appreciative of hardcore fans.
Thats cool . I would be happy if he just got 5 sacks

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL.com
DANA POINT, Calif. — The NFL is still sorting through potential opponents to face the Buffalo Bills in Toronto this season.

A source at the league meetings says the list includes at least one team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, that isn’t nearly as sexy as the one I had reported last week was a leading candidate — the Indianapolis Colts.

The Colts clearly were one of the biggest-drawing cards on the Bills’ schedule because of their marquee quarterback, Peyton Manning, and consistent success. However, the NFL appears to be leaning more strongly in the direction of choosing an NFC team, such as the Buccaneers (who have yet to settle on a starting quarterback) or perhaps the New Orleans Saints, who have Pro Bowler Drew Brees under center. At least one other unknown team is believed to be on the short list.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/22/bucs...nt-in-toronto/

London last year, maybe Toronto this year? At least we don't give up a home game this time :)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the Final Forum Mock this is what I've done so far as the Saints GM:

1. Traded #14 for #27, #92 (3rd) & CB Marlin Jackson
2. Selected at #27 Safety Louis Delmas.
3. Traded #92 (3rd) for #141 (5th) and LB Omar Gaither.
4. Traded CB Jason David for #216 (7th) and #219 (7th)

So, we have added more depth at CB, added the top safety in the draft, and added a really good Will linebacker that was a stud in Philly. And we have four picks to work with.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
In the Final Forum Mock this is what I've done so far as the Saints GM:

1. Traded #14 for #27, #92 (3rd) & CB Marlin Jackson
2. Selected at #27 Safety Louis Delmas.
3. Traded #92 (3rd) for #141 (5th) and LB Omar Gaither.
4. Traded CB Jason David for #216 (7th) and #219 (7th)

So, we have added more depth at CB, added the top safety in the draft, and added a really good Will linebacker that was a stud in Philly. And we have four picks to work with.
I like what you have done thusfar. So we have two fourth round, a fifth and 3 7th round picks left. I'll look who is remaining to see if I have an opinion on who you should take in the fourth round picks.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:09 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the first fourth rounder I picked: James Davis, RB, Clemson.

I was hoping that either Rashad Jennings (RB), David Bruton (S), Chip Vaughn (S), or Antoine Caldwell (C) would fall but none did.

With the next fourth I'm looking at either OLB Tyrone McKenzie or DT Vance Walker. Let me know what you guys think.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-12-2009, 03:21 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Well, with our two fourth rounds I chose James Davis, RB, Clemson and Tyrone McKenzie, LB, University of South Florida.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-12-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what is the idea behind davis, he basicly is the same player as pierre thomas in my opinion. I like mckenzie though.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-12-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, you surprised me with that pick bro.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The player I was hoping to land was Rashad Jennings but he was selected a few picks before mine. So, I went with Davis who I felt wasn't a bad complimentary prize.
I think Davis could be an effective third down back. On my board he was the best inside runner available which is why I went ahead and selected him. He's tough to take down and can usually pick up a few yards after contact. He just reminds me of a smaller Deuce.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-14-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I wonder who took Jennings...hmmmm.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Default 2009 regular Season schedule

1 Sun. Sep. 13 vs. Lions 1:00 PM

2 Sun. Sep. 20 at Eagles 1:00 PM

3 Sun. Sep. 27 at Bills 4:05 PM

4 Sun. Oct. 04 vs. Jets 4:05 PM

5 Sun. Oct. 11 BYE

6 Sun. Oct. 18 vs. Giants 1:00 PM

7 Sun. Oct. 25 at Dolphins 4:15 PM

8 Mon. Nov. 02 vs. Falcons 8:30 PM

9 Sun. Nov. 08 vs. Panthers4:05 PM

10 Sun. Nov. 15 at Rams 1:00 PM

11 Sun. Nov. 22 at Buccaneers 1:00 PM

12 Mon. Nov. 30 vs. Patriots 8:30 PM

13 Sun. Dec. 06 at Redskins 1:00 PM

14 Sun. Dec. 13 at Falcons 1:00 PM

15 Sat. Dec. 19 vs. Cowboys8:20 PM

16 Sun. Dec. 27 vs. Buccaneers 1:00 PM

17 Sun. Jan. 03 at Panthers 1:00 PM

That's 11-5. what do yall think?

Old 04-16-2009, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Sun. Sep. 13 vs. Lions 1:00 PM

2 Sun. Sep. 20 at Eagles 1:00 PM

3 Sun. Sep. 27 at Bills 4:05 PM

4 Sun. Oct. 04 vs. Jets 4:05 PM

5 Sun. Oct. 11 BYE

6 Sun. Oct. 18 vs. Giants 1:00 PM

7 Sun. Oct. 25 at Dolphins 4:15 PM

8 Mon. Nov. 02 vs. Falcons 8:30 PM

9 Sun. Nov. 08 vs. Panthers 4:05 PM

10 Sun. Nov. 15 at Rams 1:00 PM

11 Sun. Nov. 22 at Buccaneers 1:00 PM

12 Mon. Nov. 30 vs. Patriots 8:30 PM

13 Sun. Dec. 06 at Redskins 1:00 PM

14 Sun. Dec. 13 at Falcons 1:00 PM

15 Sat. Dec. 19 vs. Cowboys 8:20 PM

16 Sun. Dec. 27 vs. Buccaneers 1:00 PM

17 Sun. Jan. 03 at Panthers 1:00 PM

---

Just of the top of my head I'm thinking 10-6 right now.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

1 Sun. Sep. 13 vs. Lions 1:00 PM 1-0

2 Sun. Sep. 20 at Eagles 1:00 PM 1.5-0.5

3 Sun. Sep. 27 at Bills 4:05 PM 2.5-0.5

4 Sun. Oct. 04 vs. Jets 4:05 PM 3.5-0.5

5 Sun. Oct. 11 BYE

6 Sun. Oct. 18 vs. Giants 1:00 PM 3.5-1.5

7 Sun. Oct. 25 at Dolphins 4:15 PM 4-2

8 Mon. Nov. 02 vs. Falcons 8:30 PM 5-2

9 Sun. Nov. 08 vs. Panthers4:05 PM 6-2

10 Sun. Nov. 15 at Rams 1:00 PM 7-2

11 Sun. Nov. 22 at Buccaneers 1:00 PM 8-2

12 Mon. Nov. 30 vs. Patriots 8:30 PM 8.5-2.5

13 Sun. Dec. 06 at Redskins 1:00 PM 9-3

14 Sun. Dec. 13 at Falcons 1:00 PM 9-4

15 Sat. Dec. 19 vs. Cowboys8:20 PM 10-4

16 Sun. Dec. 27 vs. Buccaneers 1:00 PM 11-4

17 Sun. Jan. 03 at Panthers 1:00 PM 11-5

9 wins 4 coinflips and 3 losses= 11-5

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-26-2009, 03:31 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

with leroy hill detagged(did you know teams could do that) do we have the cap room to go after him? Prolly not right?

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-01-2009, 08:40 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I don't think we had the cap room anyhow.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

i think we did but a deal was prolly worked out whilst untagging them

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-01-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/f...m=20&year=2008

Looking at that again, yeah, we probably would have made it.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did one else notice how low Jammal Brown's salary is?
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
Did one else notice how low Jammal Brown's salary is?
that. and how high jason davis's salary is.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-01-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
that. and how high jason davis's salary is.
Yeah Jason David having a higher salary than Brown is some booty.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Anyone else concerned about our depth at DT. We have Ellis, Clancy, Pressley, and umm..........?

There are some decent guys out there we could sign that would be nice rotational guys.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-01-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Anyone else concerned about our depth at DT. We have Ellis, Clancy, Pressley, and umm..........?

There are some decent guys out there we could sign that would be nice rotational guys.
We have Coleman. But he was out last year. Your right I think we need a few more guys.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we could use a big gap plugging nose more than anything, I'd like Sedrick as a UT instead of being forced into being a NT because no one else can.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:

the correct answer is YES. I have a feeling we will be overplaying ellis quite a bit if we dont add anyone.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-02-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Well, we just released two in the last week. I would be willing to bet we have someone in mind we are about to sign or a plan to do something about it.