Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-27-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default UFA Signings

According to draft daddy, our UFA signings so far are

OT Steve Jonas, Colgate
OC Dan Gerberry, Ball State
WR DJ Boldin, Wake Forest
DT John Gill, Northwestern
LB Daniel Holtzclaw, Eastern Michigan

Gill is the only player Scott has ranked, as the #19 DT.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti.../John-Gill.php

Guys I would have liked to take a look at as UFA's (not that we didn't, they may have decided to go somewhere else).

LB Darry Beckwith, LSU (San Diego Chargers)
LB Dannell Ellerbe, Georgia (Baltimore Ravens)
DT Chris Baker, Hampton (Denver Broncos)
DT Mitch King, Iowa (Tennessee Titans)
DE Tim Jamison, Michigan (Houston Texans)
DE Rulon Davis, Cal (Denver Broncos)

Plus some of the OG's that were left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 04-30-2009 at 08:10 PM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget Alabama kicker/punter extraordinaire Swayze Waters.

No, that is not a misspelled name either ...
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eastern Michigan MLB Daniel Holtzclaw
Michigan State SS Otis Wiley
Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
Eastern Michigan MLB Daniel Holtzclaw
Michigan State SS Otis Wiley
I've read a couple of places that Wiley signed with the Giants, but maybe he changed his mind
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._otis_wil.html
Old 04-28-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ed+free+agents
Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i went to ball state and have no idea who dan gerberry is

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not sure if this is someplace else but henson is cut
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4107020

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should trade Drew Stanton for whatever we can get..
Old 04-28-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
ESPforMe
Rookie

ESPforMe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I always liked DJ Boldin. Could be one of those 'out of no where' guys.

Last edited by ESPforMe : 04-28-2009 at 04:15 PM.
ESPforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPforMe View Post
I always like DJ Boldin. Could be one of those 'out of no where' guys.
He's got a chance to make it as the #4 or #5.. I doubt he beats out Bryant Johnson or Derrick Williams for the Top 3.. but He's got a fair shot at beating Ronald Curry, Will Franklin, and John Standeford.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
ESPforMe
Rookie

ESPforMe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
He's got a chance to make it as the #4 or #5.. I doubt he beats out Bryant Johnson or Derrick Williams for the Top 3.. but He's got a fair shot at beating Ronald Curry, Will Franklin, and John Standeford.
I agree. I doubt he's a future pro bowler but a possible good contributor that has an ok career.
ESPforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was under the assumption that Derrick Williams flat out sucked... could just be me.

Anyway, I guess the FO guys have a lot of confidence in the solidity of the OL, since we didn't go there on draft day or in UDFA...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I was under the assumption that Derrick Williams flat out sucked... could just be me.

Anyway, I guess the FO guys have a lot of confidence in the solidity of the OL, since we didn't go there on draft day or in UDFA...
We signed a C and an OT in UDFA. OT Steve Jonas from Colgate and OC Dan Gerberry from Ball State.

Williams does suck, but he's kind of a poor man's Steve Breaston. Breaston is better IMO, but Williams can be that kind of a guy.

Quote:

Old 04-28-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

We will likely see Williams on the field more often for special teams plays (returning punts and kicks) than on plays from the line of scrimmage.

Edit: ...at least in his rookie season.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Updated with Daniel Holtzclaw, LB from Eastern Michigan. Draft Daddy has us with Wiley as well, but I've seen several things against that, and basically nothing to support it.

Quote:

Old 05-01-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
We signed a C and an OT in UDFA. OT Steve Jonas from Colgate and OC Dan Gerberry from Ball State.

Williams does suck, but he's kind of a poor man's Steve Breaston. Breaston is better IMO, but Williams can be that kind of a guy.
Williams was better than Breaston in college. Breaston was non-existent as a WR after his Fr year when he was actually a main option.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't Mark Parson signed as well?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Wasn't Mark Parson signed as well?
I don't see it on draft daddy, but that doesn't mean anything. I'll update the top list when I get a chance, but apparently we also signed Chris Kemme, OL from Akron. Also, LB Daniel Holtzclaw is apparently just a try out, as is OT Steve Jonas. It also seems Otis Wiley was not signed because he failed the team physical.

Quote:

Old 05-02-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Williams was better than Breaston in college. Breaston was non-existent as a WR after his Fr year when he was actually a main option.
Meh, I really meant more as a returner and what he's been able to do in the NFL, rather than as a college prospect. Williams has had some trouble handling punts and kicks cleanly. I also think Breaston has a bit more speed. And really, what I was getting at was that our offensive system isn't really set up for him to have the type of impact as a slot that Breaston did last year.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Lionsfan93
Rookie

Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.

I love the signing of Daniel Holtzclaw, hopefully he can make our team
Lionsfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsfan93 View Post
I love the signing of Daniel Holtzclaw, hopefully he can make our team
just for the name he should.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote