Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 05-02-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Gosder is just a RT.
and one who needs to improve :P

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Pettigrew will also be able to take on Green Bay's 3-4 OLB's 1-on-1 when blocking.

What's up with Gosder Cherilus? Was he not drafted to play LT, or are they going to leave him at RT?
pettigrew vs kampman . . . i can't wait to see pettigrew "take him on"

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
If by "take him on" you mean "bend him over the arm of the couch and unmercifully rape him while only wearing a Walter Herrmann jersey and a sandpaper condom" then yes, Brandon Pettigrew will perform a "take him on" to Aaron Kampman.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
ESimsfan87
Rookie

ESimsfan87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
If by "take him on" you mean "bend him over the arm of the couch and unmercifully rape him while only wearing a Walter Herrmann jersey and a sandpaper condom" then yes, Brandon Pettigrew will perform a "take him on" to Aaron Kampman.
LOL! Totally convincing and seemingly possible if only he wears a Hermann jersey.
ESimsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:23 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
Kampman will be "taking on" Pettigrew's nuts with his forehead. Mushroom stamp! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
I realize that, but you dont build a team by drafting a TE in the first round. Teams can win without great TEs, teams can't win without a good LT or a good DT/DE. I would have much rather had Peria Jerry at number 20, Delmas is a fine pick in the 2nd round, but with those 2 3rd rounds, we could have taken a one of those big tackles or that Duke Robinson kid at guard. You tell me which is better

1. Stafford
1b. Jerry
2. Delmas
3a. Brinkley
3b. Robinson

or what we have
When you have a young QB, a solid TE can be a gold mine acting as target when the QB is pressured. He is a Safety valve in those situations and his blocking is just another huge plus. If he was a classic pass catching TE who couldn't block, I'd agree with your assessment but he is a lot more than that.
Well, Jerry might not fit Schwartz's defensive scheme. He may not suit what Schwartz is looking for in a DT. If we were still a Tampa 2 defense then Jerry makes sense but he is certainly questionable in Schwartz's scheme.
Brinkley and Robinson are part of the all hype team but are in reality very questionable pro prospects. Robinson in particular was the most over hyped prospect in the draft with minimal likelihood of ever starting in the NFL. Brinkely can only be effective in a 3-4 defense.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope ya guys don't mind my occasional input. I like it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
Well, Jerry might not fit Schwartz's defensive scheme. He may not suit what Schwartz is looking for in a DT. If we were still a Tampa 2 defense then Jerry makes sense but he is certainly questionable in Schwartz's scheme.
Schwartz didn't have control of the DL in Tennessee. The DL is Jim Washburn's baby. It's a 1-gapper scheme that requires the players to run. No fatties whose sole purpose is to take up space. Jerry fits it fine, but, this is a multiyear process for the Lions. There will be Peria Jerrys in the 2010 Draft. Ya'll may not have a shot at a TE like Pettigrew in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230
It's all fun 'n games til your 4-3 DE converts have to drop into coverage. :p

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hope ya guys don't mind my occasional input. I like it here!
lol, keep giving us insider info and you can stay for as long as you like.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler
lol, keep giving us insider info and you can stay for as long as you like.
Aye aye! *salutes*

I always thought Schwartz would be a good Head Coach, so it's fun observing! I'll do my best to give insight as best I can.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aye aye! *salutes*

I always thought Schwartz would be a good Head Coach, so it's fun observing! I'll do my best to give insight as best I can.
well, welcome to the Lions Team forum, outlander.

I actually like Schwartz so far, a lot more than I liked Marinelli.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schwartz is the Chessmaster. He's always thinking 20 moves ahead.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote