Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-28-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How about a Foot?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

"Profootballtalk.com is reporting the Pittsburgh Steeelers will cut linebacker Larry Foote in a move that will save the defending Super Bowl champs $2.885 million in 2009 salary space. The report quotes and unnamed NFL source."

Last edited by Splat : 04-28-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Would you be mad if I said Kendrall Bell has made me skeptical of any former Steelers linebackers going forward?
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
Would you be mad if I said Kendrall Bell has made me skeptical of any former Steelers linebackers going forward?
I would not be mad at all but this is some what different this would be taking a 3-4 LB and having him play 3-4 not forcing him to play 4-3.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Bell have been better if had run a 3-4 defense at the time? I still insist that Mitchell and Bell should have been switched. Anyways, Foote would be coming into the same defensive scheme, so I would give him a shot, although I'd rather take a look at Leroy Hill.

Also, if Levi Jones becomes available, I would try to sign him to a 2-3 year deal, solves a lot of problems on the o-line immediately.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I was saying that tounge in cheek as yes Bell would have performed better in a 3-4.

I do also agree village with the Levi Jones idea. I know his injury history is scary, but he would provide an immediate upgrade at RT and gives us a couple of years to groom some young guys. I would feel much better if that would transpire.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, it's a bit different going from a 3-4 to a pseudo 3-4 (what Foote would be doing) than it is going from a 3-4 to a 4-3 (Bell). I like the idea of it. Foote would likely rotate with Thomas and DJ at MLB and OLB.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Sounds like he wants to play for Det which is his home town.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...+to+join+Lions
Old 04-28-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I saw that earlier today and wondered if K.C. would pursue.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Sounds like he wants to play for Det which is his home town.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...+to+join+Lions
Can't argue with him. The Lions may have a better offense then us if any of their young guns come through.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Foote will go where he's paid the most. But I'm with you guys. We need one more LB. Isn't Derrick Brooks still unsigned? I know he's old, but that should allow him to fit in with Vrabel and Thomas :)

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefLee View Post
Foote will go where he's paid the most. But I'm with you guys. We need one more LB. Isn't Derrick Brooks still unsigned? I know he's old, but that should allow him to fit in with Vrabel and Thomas :)
Intriguing, but I don't think Brooks is the answer in the 3-4. He is a very cover 2 linebacker, meaning he is a little undersized, and if his speed has diminished at all he would become a huge liability.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

He is an official free agent. I don't see how the Chiefs couldn't at least LOOK into the possibility of signing him.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

LB Foote says he's close to 1-year deal with Lions