Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just made this if anybody wants it

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

FoxSports is reporting that Favre is meeting with Brad Childress. From a Jets perspective I don't care, I was for him coming to town but it didnt work out. However, I think if I were a Packers fan I would feel betrayed. Yes it did not end well in Green Bay but jeez they were pretty good to him for all of those years. I understand wanting to come back last year, but to work your way back to a dreaded rival is bush league.

Jackie Robinson retired rather than be traded to the Giants while Favre is pulling all of the strings to go to the Vikes. I am not sure what the Packers fans think of it but I would be disapointed.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
REX RYAN TRANSCRIPT

On if anyone jumped out at him today…

I spent some time with the offensive line today. Bill Callahan jumped out at me today (laughter). What a great teacher he is. I like some of the guys down there. I saw our big draft choice, the kid from Nebraska (Matt Slauson). I was reading a bio on him the other day; I guess he was All-Conference for three years. That is saying something out there. He is a big man. A normal size person to me is 6-3, 280, I don’t think that is what it is out in the public, but you are around him and you’re like ‘How big is that kid?’ He is like 6-9, 350. Are you kidding me (laughs)?

It was good to watch them really work. That offensive line is so much of your character as a football team. I love the way Callahan coaches. He is a tough guy and he really makes those guys work. They are not just eating the grass, they are really working out there.
I just thought this was kind of funny. It's almost like he knows as much about these guys as us. One good thing to take away from that though is that, just like he said originally, it's a real team effort with the coaching staff and Tannenbaum (and presumably the scouting department).
Old 05-05-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I just thought this was kind of funny. It's almost like he knows as much about these guys as us.
I think that's just how he wants himself to come off to the media. He just likes to play around with them. You're right though, it seems like our entire front office is in unison right now and everything is going in the right direction. I cant wait for this season!
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This might be old news but I just read that Kareem Brown was moved to TE. He is 295 lbs. He seems a little bit big. I hope he is in there for run blocking purposes only.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 05-05-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
This might be old news but I just read that Kareem Brown was moved to TE. He is 195 lbs. He seems a little bit big. I hope he is in there for run blocking purposes only.
I'm pretty sure they said he was at like 265.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I'm pretty sure they said he was at like 265.
195 was a typo. I just read that he is 295. That might be old but 265 is a more reasonable size for a TE.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-05-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

http://jettingaroundwithlisaz.blogsp...eem-brown.html
Old 05-06-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An interesting rumour on Yahoo (which is an extremely unreliable location, but let me just bring it up) whereby the Browns and Jets are discussing a Thomas Jones and Braylon Edwards (other peices would obviously be involved) are being swapped.

With the drafting of Greene and the missing of a WR, what are people's thoughts on this. Obviously, we would be giving up a high draft pick or two also, as no one in their right mind will trade for an aged RB for a young #1 WR. But what are people's thoughts? Mangini could use this as another means of acquiring guys he likes from the team, or some additional draft picks. Obviously, getting a guy like Edwards would be great for the Jets, getting them that #1 WR, but i don't see all that much reason from the Browns point of view.

won't happen, but thought i'd bring up some crap to talk about the Jets....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I would do the trade straight up but I rather not give up any future picks(especially in the 1st 4 rounds).

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-06-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

I don't think a Jones-Edwards straight up trade would happen. Although after that deal the Browns took to trade back in the draft and let us get Sanchez who knows. As long as it's not Jones and a future 1st i would love the trade. Edwards is a top 10 WR with great talent, he does have some issues with drops but not enough to completely scare someone away.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msolimani View Post
Edwards is a top 10 WR with great talent, he does have some issues with drops but not enough to completely scare someone away.

Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Roddy White
Chad OchoCinco
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall
Dwayne Bowe
Greg Jennings
Marques Colston
Andre Johnson

and when he's not shooting himself in the foot, Plaxico Burress

They're better than the league leader in dropped passes.

You could make the argument for some other receivers too.

A future first straight up for Braylon Edwards is not worth it, much less a pro bowl running back and a future first.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Roddy White
Chad OchoCinco
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall
Dwayne Bowe
Greg Jennings
Marques Colston
Andre Johnson

and when he's not shooting himself in the foot, Plaxico Burress

They're better than the league leader in dropped passes.

You could make the argument for some other receivers too.

A future first straight up for Braylon Edwards is not worth it, much less a pro bowl running back and a future first.
I think youre forgetting how dominant he was two years ago when he racked up 80 catches and 16 TD's. When he's playing at the height of his game he is a Top 10 WR. I'll agree he has to be more consistent to prove he is Top 10 worthy on a yearly basis, but maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

If your going to judge him based on all of his drops last year(which I acknowledged above was a problem) that would be a little unfair just because of how horrendous the entire Cleveland Browns franchise was last year. It was a forgettable year all around for them.

A 1st of any sort would be a lot for him but you could say that for a lot of guys on that list(T.O., Ochocinco, Houshmanzadeh, Jennings, and Colston)
Old 05-06-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A 1st of any sort would be a lot for him but you could say that for a lot of guys on that list(T.O., Ochocinco, Houshmanzadeh, Jennings, and Colston)
A first for a guy like T.O. OchoCinco and Houshmandzadeh would be a lot, but that has more to do with off the field concerns and/or their respective ages. All are on the wrong side of 30. Colston or Jennings, a 1st for 'em in a heartbeat without thinking twice.

Judging Edwards on his best year is a bit irresponsible considering...... he's only had one really good year. I mean, I did leave Roy Williams off the list for a reason.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

Quote:
A first for a guy like T.O. OchoCinco and Houshmandzadeh would be a lot, but that has more to do with off the field concerns and/or their respective ages. All are on the wrong side of 30. Colston or Jennings, a 1st for 'em in a heartbeat without thinking twice.

Judging Edwards on his best year is a bit irresponsible considering...... he's only had one really good year. I mean, I did leave Roy Williams off the list for a reason.
No way I give up a 1st for Colston or Jennings. Not even if I have more than one to give away. Colston's not exactly the prime example for consistency either, he had one solid year that got blown out of proportion because of where he came from, one awesome year, and then theres last year which was a big let down for fantasy owners everywhere.

Anyway, all I was trying to say was that I think Edwards would thrive with a change of scenery. But it should be at the right price, I also think giving up a 1st for him would be a bad move. But it has nothing to do with his talent(drafted 3rd overall shows he has the talent), it has to do with his inconsistency.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I think Colston is a product of the system, but Jennings is the truth. People here would complain that he isn't a compliment to Cotch, but he's a great receiver.

These are the receivers I say are unquestionably better than Braylon:

Plaxico Burress
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Brandon Marshall
Calvin Johnson
Roddy White
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Andre Johnson
Hines Ward

I think you could make a case for:

Lee Evans
Santana Moss
Dwayne Bowe
Vincent Jackson
Greg Jennings
Donald Driver
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Chad Ochocinco
Santonio Holmes
Marques Colston
Antonio Bryant

So I mean, that's not necessarily a large list. In any case, I'm fairly sure Braylon is in his contract year, so anything but a conditional pick (contingent on production and if he re-signs) would be far too much. But really, he's had problems with drops all his career, even dating back to his Michigan days, and whether that's a confidence issue, a focus issue, or both, I think that alone makes him not worth it. Plus, he's had issues with injuries. And, while he wasn't terrible, he wasn't exactly a terrific teammate and we're all about team chemistry now. Beyond us being desperate, the only reason I see for bringing him is that we've had some success with the Wolverines players.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
No way I give up a 1st for Colston or Jennings. Not even if I have more than one to give away. Colston's not exactly the prime example for consistency either, he had one solid year that got blown out of proportion because of where he came from, one awesome year, and then theres last year which was a big let down for fantasy owners everywhere.
Career Stats more
Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles
G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2008 New Orleans Saints 11 6 47 760 16.2 70T 5 -- -- -- -- -- 1 0
2007 New Orleans Saints 16 14 98 1,202 12.3 45 11 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2006 New Orleans Saints 14 12 70 1,038 14.8 86T 8 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
TOTAL 215 3,000 14.0 86 24 0 0 0.0 0 0 2 1

These are Colston's career numbers. Two good years and one injured year where, for 11 games played, those are pretty good numbers.

Now here are Braylon Edwards

Career Stats more
Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles
G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2008 Cleveland Browns 16 16 55 873 15.9 70 3 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2007 Cleveland Browns 16 16 80 1,289 16.1 78T 16 -- -- -- -- -- 3 2
2006 Cleveland Browns 16 15 61 884 14.5 75 6 3 7 2.3 8 0 -- --
2005 Cleveland Browns 10 7 32 512 16.0 80T 3 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
TOTAL 228 3,558 15.6 80 28 3 7 2.3 8 0 3 2

A change of scenery might do good for Edwards, but it might not. Just the same, he's had one good year and he is in a contract year. Not enough to warrant a first, or really anything more than Thomas Jones straight up if that much.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

Quote:
A change of scenery might do good for Edwards, but it might not. Just the same, he's had one good year and he is in a contract year. Not enough to warrant a first, or really anything more than Thomas Jones straight up if that much.
I feel like were saying the exact same thing. I don't think a first for Edwards would be a good move at all. I think where we differ is that I think Edwards can be a Top 10 WR with a change of scenery, maybe some new coaching or w/e will be able to solve his drops. Same with how Tiki Barber went from the ultimate fumbler to a top RB with the help of coaching.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets all agree that Jones and a 1st for Edwards is out of the question. No one disputes that.

How about the thought of Jones and a 3rd? How do people feel about something like that? I'm not saying this is what it would be, but people are focusing to much on a 1st rounder, so lets make it more reasonable, as we agree we wouldn't want that. Would this trade satisfy you? You get that #1 WR. You drafted a RB in the 3rd (possibly with the thought of trading Jones in mind) to replace his workload and remove somone who is over 30 and in a contract dispute. Edwards has his flaws, and given his only 1 real good season, we can't go soley off that, although the Browns certainly will. What is the happy medium that both sides would agree too? What is our breaking point?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Lets all agree that Jones and a 1st for Edwards is out of the question. No one disputes that.

How about the thought of Jones and a 3rd? How do people feel about something like that? I'm not saying this is what it would be, but people are focusing to much on a 1st rounder, so lets make it more reasonable, as we agree we wouldn't want that. Would this trade satisfy you? You get that #1 WR. You drafted a RB in the 3rd (possibly with the thought of trading Jones in mind) to replace his workload and remove somone who is over 30 and in a contract dispute. Edwards has his flaws, and given his only 1 real good season, we can't go soley off that, although the Browns certainly will. What is the happy medium that both sides would agree too? What is our breaking point?
Good question. I'd say Jones and a 3rd is fair. I know I'd be happy with it because from the looks of it if Jones did play for us this year he will most likely not resign with us and just finish out his contract. That said, it would be good to get some value out of him instead of just letting him go for nothing.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Remember, the Jets may already owe their third rounder to Philly.

The way I look at it, both of these guys are worth more to the team they already play for than the team they would be traded to.

When the Browns drafted Robieski and Massaquoi, who are complementary receivers, that kind of shut the door for trading Edwards. With him, they've got a pretty good WR corps going at least on paper. Without him, they don't.

On the other hand, being a 30 year old running back, the Jets are more likely to get more from Thomas Jones (being the AFC leading rusher) than for him.

So no, I wouldn't want to trade an aging but still very productive running back who wants more money and a third round pick for a younger underperforming WR who wants more money.

And if I were a Cleveland Browns fan, I wouldn't want to trade the lynch pin of the receiving group, ESPECIALLY after KWII was traded for an aging running back and a day 2 pick. Maybe if Donte hadn't killed someone. Maybe if KWII was still a Brown. But those are just maybe's and without Braylon, here is the Browns WR corps

Brian Robieski
Mohammad Massaquoi
Mike Furrey
David Patten (who will be 35 by the start of the season)
Syndric Steptoe
Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

If Shonn Greene ends up being good, that'd lead me to believe we're no longer bad at picking third rounders, and so then I'd say no. Granted, if we were to make the trade we'd do so before Greene ever saw a regular season game, but still. Just doesn't seem worth it to me. If Braylon goes anywhere, it's going to be a big market city, and having just drafted two receivers, I kind of feel like the Giants would be out of the question next off-season. With Rex's master recruiting skills, I don't see why he wouldn't just want to play for us anyway. So to me, I feel as though we'd be giving up a third rounder for no reason, simply to just help the Browns out considering Braylon's not going back there. Plus, the only reason to do this trade would be if we thought we were a star receiver away from the Super Bowl this season, which unless Kellen really steps up or Sanchez ends up being the truth, I don't see why we'd think that. And then there's all the negatives about Braylon. So yeah. I'd rather we just not make a trade.

Honestly, if it was a one year deal, I'd much rather bring in a Plax for nothing than Braylon.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd definitely agree that I'd rather bring in Plax for nothing than Braylon. Both have some questions surrounding them, but if Plax can play I'd want him.

One question I would have is with regard to compensation for Edwards. We're talking first round pick, third round pick, when I'd imagine it would have to be some sort of conditional pick. Seems like every pick for player trade Tannenbaum makes involves a conditional pick, and this one is certainly a good scenario for it. Do they extend him, do they not extend him, does he end up being a Pro Bowl player again, or does he get the dropsies? Something like a fourth that could move up to a second seems to make sense. Fourth if we don't extend him and he's average-good, third if he puts up big numbers, second if we extend him and he makes the Pro Bowl or something astronomical. The only problems would be they'd have to factor it around the Lito trade and obviously giving up another 2010 pick. Both are doable though.

I could see Tannenbaum trying to pull the trigger if Plax can't play this season, nobody steps up in training camp, and Sanchez starts. Otherwise I think he goes after Plax or stands pat. No need to get a wideout if one of the guys on the roster surprises, and they can let KC play without a stellar WR corps if he wins the job.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just made a thread with some mini camp pictures I found. Probably should have just posted them in this thread but whatever.

Also read 2 articles on our 2 most impressive UDFAs (Westerman and Bullock)

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...l_westerm.html

Quote:
Former Rutgers defensive end-turned-linebacker Jamaal Westerman took roughly $12,000 less to sign with the Jets as an undrafted rookie free agent rather than another undisclosed NFL team.

It may be the best $12,000 Westerman never had.
Quote:
In fact, in his first four practices at his new position, Westerman has been more impressive and instinctive than 2008 first-round pick Vernon Gholston, who made a similar switch last season. The 6-3, 260-pounder looks at ease dropping back in pass coverage and, of course, he can get after the quarterback.
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...jnathan_b.html

Quote:
Once Bullock decided to give the NFL a try, he had little time to spare. He trained for just 10 days and then had a Pro Day at the school. Sixteen NFL teams sent scouts, all with visions of former college basketball player turned Pro Bowl tight end Antonio Gates in their eyes.

The Jets were so intrigued they dispatched tight ends coach Mike Devlin and scout Brendan Prophett.
Quote:
"You have to understand, J'Nathan impressed all those people and he didn't have time to train," said Waters, adding that Bullock is more athletic than Gates (6-4, 260 pounds). "You don't know what you might have in this kid....

"It would surprise me if it doesn't work out. J'Nathan is bright, strong, athletic and his hands are as big as two of yours."

Last edited by TimD : 05-08-2009 at 04:45 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This idea of Thomas Jones to the Browns is confusing me.
The Browns obviously aren't going to be making a run this year, so why give up a good, potentially-great, young talent in Edwards, for a RB who is turning 31 in August?

It just doesn't make sense to me...

It would be a great deal for you guys, though if you're able to pull off a Jones/3rd for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote