Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 05-05-2009, 06:24 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Darnell Dockett anyone?

This guy is 27 and one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He is displeased with his current contract and has demanded a trade.

This is the kind of guy that I'd love to trade for. He puts up a lot of production and is still young.

I just wouldn't give up that first rounder.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:34 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cum to de lions matey.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:45 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
This guy is 27 and one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He is displeased with his current contract and has demanded a trade.

This is the kind of guy that I'd love to trade for. He puts up a lot of production and is still young.

I just wouldn't give up that first rounder.
you wouldn't give up a 1st for Dockett? wth is this world coming to.

anyways he has about as much chance of being traded as peyton manning

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:53 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Well I wouldn't give up our pick which is prob top ten. Late teens and onward I'd probably give up.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Well I wouldn't give up our pick which is prob top ten. Late teens and onward I'd probably give up.
pretty much this. I'd be surprised to see Schwartz give up the pick he needs to select the elite OT.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That top ten pick could be a stud younger DT than Dockett. 2nd Round yes, 1st round no. But as stated he won't be traded.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wonder if they are dumb enough to take stanton or maybe an ernie sims since we have a ton of OLBs and this would be an acceptable way to offload him. i do like our options in the first round next year at both DT and OT, so i'd prefer to keep it and still get dockett, but it would probably take more than we can give. if they think we can win this year then i'd be all for it, especially since a grady jackson injury would kill us. dockett pretty much had 3 straight huge plays in the super bowl and was the only bright spot on the arizona defense in that game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can't trade Carlos Dunlap!!!
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

this is what i mean when i am always harping that 1st rounder are WAY overvalued. I love the draft and all, but if I was a GM I would give up a 1st rounder for Dockett in a second. The guy is one of the top DT in the entire NFL......I would take that out of my first rounder for sure (plus I be would thanking God I didnt take a DT that busted like so many other top tens IF it even worked out.) Add in the ridiculous salaries you will be paying a top 10 rookie........no brainer for me.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Seahawks have two first rounders.. Do work TR. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
pretty much this. I'd be surprised to see Schwartz give up the pick he needs to select the elite Defensive player.
Fixed.

OT in Round 2!!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First, I'd say there's no chance Dockett is traded unless Arizona was absolutely blown away with an offer, and even then it's debateable.

Second, while I think Dockett is a very good DT, and one of the best in the league, I'd say he's like most other UT's, in that he needs a giant NT next to him to be truly effective. Notice how he had his best season (9 sacks) in the season that Gabe Watson started all 16 games. Since Watson's been in Arizona, Dockett has had 15 sacks (5 per season), and 157 tackles (52 per seasons). Before he had that true big body NT beside him, he had 4 sacks (2 per season), and 70 tackles (35 per season).

I'm not saying we don't, or wouldn't have that guy, and I'm not saying Dockett isn't one of the top UT's in the league. I'm just saying that without that guy, I'm not sure he'd be as effective overall. I'm not sure he's a guy that can take over a game by himself without that guy beside him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No trading of 2010 picks! Not for Dockett, not for anyone.

2010 is shaping up to be a great draft in front-seven players. Getting talented young players on rookie contracts is vital for any franchise, even more so for the Lions.

Schwartz and Mayhew have said that the #1 goal for them is to build through the draft. For this one year they've had to make a lot of FA and trade moves to fill in the veteran players that should have been here from the Millen years but aren't. But in future years it is to be hoped that they won't have to do that so much, and can sustain themselves with drafted players plus a few moves here and there.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:48 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Fixed.

OT in Round 2!!
lol, yeah they could go defense, but if the OL doesn't look good this year, they're gonna want to protect the 80 million dollar man at QB.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote