Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu
I don't see them taking anything day 2. I'll be surprised if they pull a deal without getting a day 1 pick in return, and McGahee is deserving of a day 1 pick.
If Corey Dillon was worth a 2nd rounder as a 7th year player, McGahee is worth that easily as a 4th year (3 years starting)
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see them taking anything day 2. I'll be surprised if they pull a deal without getting a day 1 pick in return, and McGahee is deserving of a day 1 pick.
For sure. No way we'll take Day 2.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
For sure. No way we'll take Day 2.
Corey Webster and a 4th?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't Webster fitting into the cover 2
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix
I don't Webster fitting into the cover 2
I think he could. He is very physical, buuut he did struggle in zone at times but I think it had more to do with a complez scheme and poor support around him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Please get him out of the East. His career days are always against the Jets, he absolutely kills us.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
A growing possibility, and a good one at that
Old 02-24-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix
Quote:
If this move happens, I think it's much later in the process. Simply put, I can't see them not having a RB lined up, or not knowing the draft grades for Peterson and Lynch before they pull the trigger. That is, they have to have a plan in place to move Willis. If they sign a FA RB (but there isn't much ... and Rhodes DUI makes him an unlikely option for Ralph, IMO) or make a move up ... there's no guarantee Lynch or Peterson will be there for them.

Btw, I think Willis will likely cost a 2nd.
Reese has said he will not part with Day 1 draft picks, its gotta be day 2 and/or players
4th or 5th and Webster wouldnt be bad.
Never gonna ******* happen. If Reese doesn't want to give up a first day pick, he's not going to get a running back of any notoriety. Expect Brandon Jacobs to be the primary carrier with an unknown rookie or a street free agent backing him up.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink

I dont understand why people throughout the league think Mcgahee is a top ten running back. He isnt even as good as Willie Parker. He has one outstanding year in the three that he has been with the Bills, but thats it. You can only blame so much on the o-line here, especially when A-Train came in and ran for two straight one hundred yard games when Willis was out this year. He shows up twice a year to kill the Jets and thats it. I cant wait until he is out of here, Im so sick of watching Dancing With the Stars everytime he gets the ball.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big name in a big city; sounds good

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
:D

except McGee is 24

Marshawn Lynch 32?
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBillsox
I dont understand why people throughout the league think Mcgahee is a top ten running back. He isnt even as good as Willie Parker. He has one outstanding year in the three that he has been with the Bills, but thats it. You can only blame so much on the o-line here, especially when A-Train came in and ran for two straight one hundred yard games when Willis was out this year. He shows up twice a year to kill the Jets and thats it. I cant wait until he is out of here, Im so sick of watching Dancing With the Stars everytime he gets the ball.
He is a GREAT RB.

The problem is he is only great when he WANTS TO PLAY. And he hasnt really wanted to play in Buffalo for a bit.

He was REALLY good when he was fighting for playing time against Travis Henry in his first starting years with 13 TDs... I remember him running down the sideline and hurdling a defensive player for a 60 yard TD that was called back because of a holding penalty on Lee Evans that was on the way other side of the play.

He also is GREAT against the Jets cause his buddy is Jonathan Vilma, and he loves showing him up during those games.

But he doesnt like Buffalo, and he has wanted out for sometime.

Take a look at this.. It will really piss off Bills fans.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
McGahee didn’t spend any time in Buffalo last offseason learning the new playbook under coach Dick Jauron. The Bills are expecting more of the same this offseason.

"Willis literally didn't know what to do on the plays," a source said. "After the play was called, we'd have another coach signaling to Willis what to do because he didn't know. He'd miss blocks (in pass protection) a few times, not because he was beat, but because he didn't know what he was doing.

"He just doesn't study … His teammates noticed it and it affected how they viewed him in the locker room
."
He will do well with a new team. And a team that gets his face out there in the market place like NYC will keep him playing hard at all times!!
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
Quote:
Quote:
:D

except McGee is 24

Marshawn Lynch 32?
Good point on McGee, but we can't let him have 32 either because we're still trying to change KO-J Simpson's number to 32.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have no problem moving him. He only ever tries against the jets because he needs to show up his old college buddy vilma. He publicly stated he wants the bills to move because buffalo is boring (so now the fans hate him), and of course, he is an irresponsible jerk. HE has 4 babbies with 4 women, and all 4 of them had to sue him just so he would pay child support. O, and if he goes to the giants, I wouldn't be surprised if within a year he wants them moved to manhatten because jersey is too boring.

I would love the bills to ship him off to the browns, do they need a RB? Even if we got less of a pick, it'd be worth it because he'd move from one small city to another.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could trade ya TJ for your third rder if you guys are desperate for a RB

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should be interested. They don't have much for a RB and a McGahee/Jacobs combo could work out well.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

MGahee will likley be traded because during the season word broke that he is just trying to play out his contract w/o injury then he'll leave.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGahee's value will come to whether or not the team trading for him can reach and extension. If the Giants trade for him without reaching a contrac extension he isn't worth a first day pick. However if the Giants lock him up for 4 years along with the trade, then he is. Regardless I don't want him. I have said I'd like to stay away from these Miami players. Too many headcases.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Corey Webster and a 4th?
No way in hell. Webster sucks and McGahee will not be moved for a Day 2 pick. I would bet the house on that.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm...what if the Jets traded for him? They need a runningback, have cap room, have a good, young offensive line, and he'd be reunited with Vilma...
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Hm...what if the Jets traded for him? They need a runningback, have cap room, have a good, young offensive line, and he'd be reunited with Vilma...
They won't send him to a division rival.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
They won't send him to a division rival.
Agreed I don't see that happening at all. I really hope he doesn't go to the Giants that would really make it hard for the Giants being really bad this year which I am all for.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
No way in hell. Webster sucks and McGahee will not be moved for a Day 2 pick. I would bet the house on that.
I think that is about where his value is. I think a 4th rounder in 2007 and then a 3rd rounder in 2008 if he is signed long term is just about enough to get it done. Maybe a throw in player a long with that as well.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote