Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-30-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NEW game footage of our draft picks

I'll be updating this post as I put more videos up...

Josh Freeman-
ALL PASS ATTEMPTS KSU vs UT 2006 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNr-tM9V8ak
ALL PASS ATTEMPTS KSU vs COL 2007 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVVqKOg3mmI
Highlights KSU vs TT 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoDjf...eature=related

Roy Miller-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGO9y...eature=channel

Kyle Moore-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IihC1Rt2HGk

Xavier Fulton-
Highlights Ill vs WMU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU_eC2JOT8Y

Sammie Stroughter-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuilgLpBbgo real nice video from draftguystv

Last edited by Me Likey Rookies : 05-09-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Me Likey Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very nice work.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need more fans like this. Glad to have you on our side.

Also, I'd like to hear some opinions to collaborate/clash with.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I added his colorado game to the list.

As for my opinion on the draft... I HATED the Freeman pick initially. I just had a bad feeling about him, but I had barely seen him play in college so I was not in a position to make a judgement on him. After I watched his freshman year Texas game, I started to cheer up a bit. I know it is only one game but he is a 19 year old shredding a secondary of Aaron Ross and Michael Griffin. That is pretty damn impressive. You can see the kind of arm that he has... and the other thing that really makes me hopeful about him is that he supposedly has a strong work ethic. I hated the Jamarcus Russel comparisons because while physically they are similar, Russel doesnt watch film and he shows up to camp overweight. I think Freeman will actually work hard to be a good player. I was really hoping for someone like Everette Brown or Vontae Davis (since English went off the board at 16), but you gotta accept the pick and hope that he works out.

I also really liked the two D-line picks. Big bodies that can rotate in this year to help stop the run. And they do not need much time to develop seeing as how they are from big time programs.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:24 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I added his colorado game to the list.

As for my opinion on the draft... I HATED the Freeman pick initially. I just had a bad feeling about him, but I had barely seen him play in college so I was not in a position to make a judgement on him. After I watched his freshman year Texas game, I started to cheer up a bit. I know it is only one game but he is a 19 year old shredding a secondary of Aaron Ross and Michael Griffin. That is pretty damn impressive. You can see the kind of arm that he has... and the other thing that really makes me hopeful about him is that he supposedly has a strong work ethic. I hated the Jamarcus Russel comparisons because while physically they are similar, Russel doesnt watch film and he shows up to camp overweight. I think Freeman will actually work hard to be a good player. I was really hoping for someone like Everette Brown or Vontae Davis (since English went off the board at 16), but you gotta accept the pick and hope that he works out.

I also really liked the two D-line picks. Big bodies that can rotate in this year to help stop the run. And they do not need much time to develop seeing as how they are from big time programs.
I loved watching the passes he made in that Texas game. Some of them were impeccable. However, he made a few rookie mistakes there and that is something that will almost certainly transition to the pros. I hope the FO doesn't expect Josh Freeman to win them games this season because that could really hinder his progress.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I loved watching the passes he made in that Texas game. Some of them were impeccable. However, he made a few rookie mistakes there and that is something that will almost certainly transition to the pros. I hope the FO doesn't expect Josh Freeman to win them games this season because that could really hinder his progress.
I'm torn on whether Freeman should start sooner than later. I don't think he gives us a better chance to win games this season, but why not let him grow with his teammates in a rebuilding year. As long as the oline can keep defenses from teeing off on him, I don't think starting right away will hinder his progress. He's going to make plenty of mistakes, but he will make those same mistakes next year if we choose to sit him now.

Mayock says that he just needs the game to slow down for him, which isn't going to happen until he gets regular season snaps.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ997 View Post
I'm torn on whether Freeman should start sooner than later. I don't think he gives us a better chance to win games this season, but why not let him grow with his teammates in a rebuilding year. As long as the oline can keep defenses from teeing off on him, I don't think starting right away will hinder his progress. He's going to make plenty of mistakes, but he will make those same mistakes next year if we choose to sit him now.

Mayock says that he just needs the game to slow down for him, which isn't going to happen until he gets regular season snaps.
It is going to be about attitude when it comes to Josh Freeman. If the team expects him to win early on in the season, he could crumble.

I however don't think the team should take a rebuilding mentality. I think we are a better team than that. With McCown/Leftwich at the helm, I think we have a solid offense and a decent enough defense to get to a respectable record come the end of the season.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for putting up the videos. Looking forward to checking out some more.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I however don't think the team should take a rebuilding mentality. I think we are a better team than that. With McCown/Leftwich at the helm, I think we have a solid offense and a decent enough defense to get to a respectable record come the end of the season.
Agreed. We will be better than many believe IF we get quality QB play this season. If McCown struggles, however, we will be lucky to win 7 games. In that case, I'd rather see Freeman get the reps. I don't like the idea of Leftwich starting. We need either need to find out what upside McCown has or get Freeman starting experience.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Having watched the Freeman clips, now I'm all excited gosh darn it!?!
Old 05-09-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

added miller and moore

enjoyzz
Old 05-09-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller and Moore clips were very impressive.

Miller showed nice explosion and quickness off the snap, good use of hands, leverage and power to blow up the G and agility to get to the QB. I was surprised by his quickness....the rest I already knew.

Moore showed tremendous agility for his size. I had no idea. He can make a lot of plays in pursuit for us with his length and agility. He's not a dynamic pass rusher off the edge but he's a solid athlete with good counter moves who can slide inside on 3rd downs to help take pressure off our ends.

Wasn't impressed with his physicality and strength against the big boys, but he has plenty of potential there with his frame.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote