Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Considering that Houston has one of the highest rates of obesity, I am going to say that's terribly false.
Likewise with Philly.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nashville

Positives:
-A little history, which is nice
-Great if you like country music
-The people are friendly
-The homeless people are friendly and VERY talented.
-Street performers are good (see above)
-Cops aren't too bad unless you're in Bellmeade or Hendersonville
-Not too much crime
-The weather is moderate in the spring and fall
-There are some excellent magnet schools (two in the top-50 nationwide for public schools)
-There are some very good public schools depending on your location
-Old Hickory lake, which is fun
-Some great landscape with the hills and such
-The Cumberland River runs right through downtown
-There's bodies of water all over the place, really
-The Vanderbilt area is fun
-Some good parks, especially Centennial, which is home to the Parthanon

Negatives:
-Night life is meh
-Sucks if you don't like country music
-Low speed limits
-People cannot drive here
-REDNECKS!
-Hot as balls in the summer, cold as balls in the winter
-People assume you're a hick when you tell them from Nashville
-There are some very horrible public schools depending on your location

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Nashville

Positives:
-The people are friendly
-Not too much crime
-There are some excellent magnet schools (two in the top-50 nationwide for public schools)

Negatives:
-Night life is meh
-Low speed limits
-REDNECKS!
If you think its cold there then come to south dakota

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
If you think it's cold as hell there then come up north a bit more. Seriously. MN is much colder than SD. I'm so glad spring is started to show.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
If you think it's cold as hell there then come up north a bit more. Seriously. MN is much colder than SD. I'm so glad spring is started to show.
I was up in Duluth 4 years ago and it was the dead middle of summer and like 50 degrees.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was up in Duluth 4 years ago and it was the dead middle of summer and like 50 degrees.
Try winter some time. I dare ya. Here is some Minnesota humor, man they're weird/cheesy.

Official Minnesota temperature conversion chart

60 above - New Jerseyites try to turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.
50 above - Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Minnesota sunbathe.
40 above - Italian and English cars won't start. People in Minnesota drive with the windows down.
32 above - Distilled water freezes. Lake Mille Lacs water gets thicker.
20 above - Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats. People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.
15 above - Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets too cold.
Zero - People in Miami start to expire. Minnesotans lick the flagpole.
20 below - Iowans fly away to Mexico. People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.
40 below - Hollywood disintegrates. Minnesota Girl Scouts are selling cookies door to door.
60 below - Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Minnesota Boy Scouts postpone "winter survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
80 below - Mount St. Helens freezes. People in Minnesota rent some videos.
100 below - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.
297 below - Microbial life no longer survives in dairy products. Cows in Minnesota complain about farmers with cold hands.
460 below - All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin Scale). People in Minnesota start saying, "Cold nuff for ya?"
500 below - Hell freezes over. The Minnesota Vikings win the Super Bowl.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sudbury, Ontario

-perfect city size. Has areas where you can get alot of shopping done, but also areas where it feels very quaint (sp?) and intimate.
- enough to do so that you can't get bored
- cops don't care a whole lot about the amount of parties or how loud they get
- friendly people
- only four hours away from TO
- not much crime, at least not where I live

Dislikes:
- four hours away from TO and the closest major sports teams
- the roads here are the worst in Ontario, possibly even in Canada
- not a whole heck of alot of job opportunities
- the whole city seems very spread out...have to drive at least 20 minutes for the best golf course and 30 for the best shopping areas

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
or anywhere north of the mason/dixon.

cold as balls and nashville do not go hand in hand.

it was below 0 for around a full month here in chicago.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Nashville

Positives:
-The people are friendly
-Not too much crime

Negatives:
-Night life is meh
-Low speed limits
-REDNECKS!
I would love it in Nashville, except for the Heat in the summer, other than that, there really is nothing that bugs me too much.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Try winter some time. I dare ya. Here is some Minnesota humor, man they're weird/cheesy.

Official Minnesota temperature conversion chart

60 above - New Jerseyites try to turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.
50 above - Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Minnesota sunbathe.
40 above - Italian and English cars won't start. People in Minnesota drive with the windows down.
32 above - Distilled water freezes. Lake Mille Lacs water gets thicker.
20 above - Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats. People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.
15 above - Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets too cold.
Zero - People in Miami start to expire. Minnesotans lick the flagpole.
20 below - Iowans fly away to Mexico. People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.
40 below - Hollywood disintegrates. Minnesota Girl Scouts are selling cookies door to door.
60 below - Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Minnesota Boy Scouts postpone "winter survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
80 below - Mount St. Helens freezes. People in Minnesota rent some videos.
100 below - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.
297 below - Microbial life no longer survives in dairy products. Cows in Minnesota complain about farmers with cold hands.
460 below - All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin Scale). People in Minnesota start saying, "Cold nuff for ya?"
500 below - Hell freezes over. The Minnesota Vikings win the Super Bowl.
That had me laughing my ass off just about all the way through. +rep

Edit: Well I must spread some rep first... i have now given out too much rep... I'll hit you up if i remember TT.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I really don't find Nashville to be that cold in the winter TBH. Night life just really depends on where you are. There's also lots of good food and shopping places. I don't notice the rednecks as much, but maybe I'm immune since I've lived here most of my life. There are some really pitiful drivers here though.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cincinnati, OH:

-Plenty to do
-Not far from OSU and OU for partying plus UC is no slouch.
-Awesome Zoo/Museums
-Literally five minutes away from major sporting events(Reds, Bengals, Cyclones)
-Pretty good sports tradition at almost every level except the NFL.
-People are generally pretty down to earth and nice.

Dislikes:
-Downtown is pretty lame though the new Banks project should be pretty sweet.
-Borders Kentucky
-Weather and by that I mean we experience a huge difference with the changing of the seasons. Summers are very hot and humid while the winters can get pretty darn cold. Almost never really comfortable.
-People are pretty ignorant around here. Especially when it comes to sports.
-Cops are big time assholes especially within the city limits. Probably has something to do with the fact that most of them are German(Gestapo?). Haha jk, but they are absolute dicks.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote