Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't think we can totally dismiss the possibility of an internal rift though.

...and we don't win if Boston has KG. So we also need to factor in how the rest of the league will make improvements as well before we start to think status quo personnel wise is fine.

I remember how you kept saying how Battie being back would be a boost. You even convinced me. lol. That's hardly the case now with hindsight 20/20.

Where do you see us needing improvements? I can't believe that you'd think we have no weaknesses in our personnel.
What about a real 2 guard? Trade Hedo for one and let Rashard and his max contract play his real position.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
You guys talk about the Magic too much. I just had a dream I was Dwight's housemate and I was teaching him how to be a leader.
Well most of it was the fact that D and MOTH never shut up about the Magic until the prophet Burns began posting in this thread.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys talk about the Magic too much. I just had a dream I was Dwight's housemate and I was teaching him how to be a leader.
I'll talk about any team. Bring up a new discussion.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have an idea that the problem is that Patrick Ewing is his post coach. Ewing was a classic hook shot player who had savvy moves around the rim but never took it hard. Never backed his opponent down with force and smashed the rim. His style was old school style. He made hook shots, took 3-5 foot fade away jumpers near the basket, especially from the baseline and shot from the top of the key. Howard doesn't have the raw skillset to be that kind of player. He's trying to develop that hook that Ewing had in his arsenal, but let's just say, he's not close to being there yet. He needs a guy who can teach him to bang.
Hahahaha. I find this ironic considering how much SVG

Looks like Ron Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NEW YORK -- Los Angeles Sparks star Candace Parker has given birth to a baby girl.

It is the first child for the WNBA's reigning MVP and rookie of the year and husband Shelden Williams of the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Goodwin Sports Management announced the baby girl was born in Los Angeles on Wednesday. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 20 inches long.

"Shelden and I are thrilled," Parker said in a release. "This is such a life changing moment for us, we feel blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby girl."

Parker averaged 18.5 points and 9.5 rebounds last season. She was also on the U.S. team that won a gold medal at the Beijjing Olympics.

Parker plans to rejoin the Sparks once she gets the OK from her doctor. The WNBA season begins June 6.
Let's talk about how amazing this baby will be.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll talk about any team. Bring up a new discussion.
Andrew Bogut is the man.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-13-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
You guys are funny. A ton of E-dorks on here haha. You guys bash me, i'd love to see the messes that you guys pull -- that is, if you can pull anything.

You, Ravens orioles, Bantax -- straight dweebs.

Suck it up gentlemen. I've been blessed with beauty and skills to pull whatever I please. Born straight Christian Troy style. The rest of you can only dream.

Funny thing is, it's you 3 telling me "youre a tool" "you're a dork" and somehow my rep keeps going up.

You know why? it's because people are throwin me credit through the back door. So you e-studs continue wishing you can be me, and ill continue being me.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

This made me laugh harder than anything on this site in a long time.

To stay on NBA topic...I'm really looking forward to the Nuggets game tonight. Carmello has been doin awesome recently, and I want to see him finish off the mavs

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think we can totally dismiss the possibility of an internal rift though.

...and we don't win if Boston has KG. So we also need to factor in how the rest of the league will make improvements as well before we start to think status quo personnel wise is fine.

I remember how you kept saying how Battie being back would be a boost. You even convinced me. lol. That's hardly the case now with hindsight 20/20.

Where do you see us needing improvements? I can't believe that you'd think we have no weaknesses in our personnel.
Because, he doesnt play. Battie early in the year was playing great for us but, he was worked out of the rotation. That's just the way SVG decided to go. He likes our current style. Heck we've even seen Pietrus playing some of the 4.

As for next year...outside of adding a big, Vasquez perhaps. I dont see us doing a whole lot. Alston and Redick are still under contract and I dont see Redick getting replaced. Even though, he could certainly be upgraded upon. Lee could use a better backup. A guy you mentioned, Korver, wouldnt be that bad of a choice because, he can back up multiple positions. But, I doubt we'd see that.

So, I dont know...we're looking at possibly some backup SG depth and PF/C depth. It should be a quiet off-season, imo. The focus will be on getting Hedo and Gortat signed more than likely.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
She should have got with Lebron instead.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-13-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
What about a real 2 guard? Trade Hedo for one and let Rashard and his max contract play his real position.
His name is Courtney Lee and he's got a great deal of potential. He's the current and future 2 guard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-13-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
This is the NBA discussion thread, go to the mythical place where people care about the WNBA to talk about that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-13-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
We drafted a real 2 guard in Courtney Lee. His future looks bright.

Trading Hedo would be a dream. I just see him walking away as a FA with no compensation for the Magic or us resigning him for a lot of money.

I like Rashard at the 3. But I also like his mismatch on offense as a 4. Equally dislike his defense as a 4, but we've been able to get by so far. I think Lewis is 10 times better defending the wing than in the post though, so that's why I do like him at the 3.

I don't think the way to win is by running a fast tempo team up and down the court launching 3s to no end. I've never seen a fast tempo team period ever win the Championship. I don't think that's SVG's preference either, but I think he's done a good job of coaching according our personnel the right way. He's a panicky coach in the playoffs, but when there's not too much pressure to win, he's pretty good.

I know this won't happen, but I would like to see a traditional PF here and have our strength be playing half court ball. The fast paced stuff doesn't work... I've never seen it work, though it is funner to watch. When you can control the game playing half court ball that's when you can flex your muscle and show yourself as a dominant NBA team.

I also think a good PF would do wonders for Dwight in the paint. There are others that argue this point though.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's funny is I've followed Shelden since he came in to the league because he played ball with my cousin in high school. Sadly, his claim to fame thus far is being the father of Candace Parker's baby.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 05-13-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The thing is though, Orlando is such a dreadful half court team. They are a fast tempo pick and roll team. Dwight isnt this amazing posting up force. As Jeff Van Gundy said today, Dwight straight posting up in isolation has not been a strength for us. He is the benificiary of playing in an uptempo scheme and he gets open dunks. Regardless of personel, Orlando has been a terrible half court team. They've been bad at it since Hill was there. They're built for an uptempo style.

They dont have many problems...they have a great deal of talent. Biggest problem right now is just closing these games out. What they may lack is a true leader. Howard isnt ready to be that guy and Jameer is out. Jameer was our 4th quarter guy this year and Hedo didnt have nearly as good a year as last year. Could be because, he was rehabbing so long and didnt play with Turkey this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-13-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
His name is JJ Redick and he's got a great deal of potential. He's the current and future 2 guard.
Fixed ;) lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's everybody's prediction on the draft lottery? Just throwing mine out there: Memphis, Washington, Sacramento.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

haha. That creepy planet of the apes lady dated Tony Banks before she dated Dirk. eww.

Quote:
"This is unbelievable," Banks told The News. "This is wild. I can't believe it's the same chick."
Quote:
"I remember she camped out in front of my crib one time when I had another female friend in town," Banks told The News. "She [Taylor] wasn't too happy about that."
What's cooler, though is that Tony Banks really talks like that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-13-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What's everybody's prediction on the draft lottery? Just throwing mine out there: Memphis, Washington, Sacramento.
Oklahoma, New York, Washington

I really don't care about the last two, but I want Oklahoma to pick high lol

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The thing is though, Orlando is such a dreadful half court team. They are a fast tempo pick and roll team. Dwight isnt this amazing posting up force. As Jeff Van Gundy said today, Dwight straight posting up in isolation has not been a strength for us. He is the benificiary of playing in an uptempo scheme and he gets open dunks. Regardless of personel, Orlando has been a terrible half court team. They've been bad at it since Hill was there. They're built for an uptempo style.

They dont have many problems...they have a great deal of talent. Biggest problem right now is just closing these games out. What they may lack is a true leader. Howard isnt ready to be that guy and Jameer is out. Jameer was our 4th quarter guy this year and Hedo didnt have nearly as good a year as last year. Could be because, he was rehabbing so long and didnt play with Turkey this year.
hahahahaha. Is that the latest Stan attack on a player? LOL, real mature. Real classy. I expect more from a coach from a mature standpoint than I do a player. Stan's mouth is a joke. Plenty of bark, but no bite. Quick to retaliate.

This team is/was built incorrectly to be a successful half court team. That's why they were dreadful. Doesn't mean they can't be one. The whole issue is surrounded by the fact that 2 of our main go to guys are combo forwards that play the same position, and both warrant starting spots. Compounded on the fact that our true PF options are weak. Howard isn't some awesome post up force, but having a guy like that next to him would do wonders.

I agree with your last paragraph. I have my doubts that this style is completely effective, but this is the way Otis build the team, so despite me not liking it, I know I have to live with it.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
When is it?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
When is it?
Next Thursday

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
hahahahaha. Is that the latest Stan attack on a player? LOL, real mature. Real classy. I expect more from a coach from a mature standpoint than I do a player. Stan's mouth is a joke. Plenty of bark, but no bite. Quick to retaliate.

This team is/was built incorrectly to be a successful half court team. That's why they were dreadful. Doesn't mean they can't be one. The whole issue is surrounded by the fact that 2 of our main go to guys are combo forwards that play the same position, and both warrant starting spots. Compounded on the fact that our true PF options are weak. Howard isn't some awesome post up force, but having a guy like that next to him would do wonders.

I agree with your last paragraph. I have my doubts that this style is completely effective, but this is the way Otis build the team, so despite me not liking it, I know I have to live with it.
No I said Jeff Van Gundy not Stan. He said that on ESPN today, Stan didnt.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-13-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Next Thursday
Tuesday, I believe.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No I said Jeff Van Gundy not Stan. He said that on ESPN today, Stan didnt.
Oh oh. It's now a family affair. Big brother standing up for little brother. Love it.

I forgot to ask you... Fran Vazquez.... Is he seriously joining the team? I've read the rumors a long time ago, but haven't heard since. Does anyone know if he's even good over there?

I have a feeling that if the Magic do bring him aboard, that will mean Gortat is let go. Magic always find a way to lose their foreign big men. Pachulia, Varejao quickly come to mind.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tuesday, I believe.
whoops...yeah you are right. I forgot what todays date was lol

Quote:
Quote: