Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
What's funny is I've followed Shelden since he came in to the league because he played ball with my cousin in high school. Sadly, his claim to fame thus far is being the father of Candace Parker's baby.
What's wrong with being the father of the messiah?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh oh. It's now a family affair. Big brother standing up for little brother. Love it.

I forgot to ask you... Fran Vazquez.... Is he seriously joining the team? I've read the rumors a long time ago, but haven't heard since. Does anyone know if he's even good over there?

I have a feeling that if the Magic do bring him aboard, that will mean Gortat is let go. Magic always find a way to lose their foreign big men. Pachulia, Varejao quickly come to mind.
ugh. Give it rest. haha. You be hatin'.

Sports Center obviously called Jeff to talk about it. I thought it was stupid myself, they shouldnt even put Jeff in that situation. I hate Sports Center.

Ummmm...tis a good question. Vazquez has actually done very well overseas, his game seems to have expanded a lot. Granted, I dont get to ever see him but, based on those that have, he's seen a great progression over the years. Some say the most improved player over there. He's become the best shot blocker in his league as well. I dont really know what the situation is, though. He says he wants to come over now but who knows. I was just throwing it out there. We could always use some bigs.

As for Gortat...guy is gaining popularity quickly around the league. It may end up being much more interesting than I originally thought. I'd imagine Orlando will try ro retain both, he and Hedo. I dont know how much is too much for Gortat, though. There are lots of minutes for him elsewhere. I'm hoping we can bring him back, even though I see no way to get him a whole lot of PT here. Unless SVG comes out of left field and decides to start him at PF if we lost Hedo. Unlikely. If we lose Hedo, Pietrus or Battie will most likely be the guy who slides right into the starting lineup. Probably Pietrus. Sucks for the bench, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what JJ Reddick runs his 40 in.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* hate Josh Howard
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is horrible

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great, AC with a tip in. Man Up Dallas. :|
Old 05-13-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Howard is an idiot.. Mavs are on a good run and he gets called for a Tech to ruin everything..
Old 05-13-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Bass playing with some heart

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that bringing in Fran would mean that Gortat would be let go. They have totally different games. Fran has a decent midrange game and isn't very physical--- sorta like a homeless man's version of Pau Gasol. Gortat, meanwhile, is pretty similar to Marc Gasol--- a tough, inside bruiser with a little finesse around the rim but don't hold out hope that a shot will fall if it's outside five feet.

Fran is more of a PF/C, while Gortat is a C/PF. Fran would offer actual versatility at the four, while Gortat would be Dwight's main sub.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Denver!! Gogogogogogogogo!!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

The better team won, I can't be upset about that. Congrats to them.

As for the Mavs, they actually exceeded what I expected from this year. The way we started the season, I thought we would of been lucky to even make the playoffs. But once Rick let go of the reigns a little bit and let Kidd call some plays on the court and guys like Bass, JJ and Wright started showing some progress, this team improved a lot. But changes need to be made, obviously.

I still believe we can build around Dirk, he had a another stellar season and he played his ass off in the playoffs. It's just the supporting cast is not up to snub. Josh is so overrated it's disgusting, Dampier is useless 80% of the time, Kidd, while still productive, will be 37 next season and Terry, agian fails to show up in the playoffs. These are supposed to be the veteran core of this team, the guys Dirk can depend on and the younger guys look to for leadership. And they're just not very good when it counts. I'm hoping for a big shake up this off-season.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver is gonna be tough.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I don't think that bringing in Fran would mean that Gortat would be let go. They have totally different games. Fran has a decent midrange game and isn't very physical--- sorta like a homeless man's version of Pau Gasol. Gortat, meanwhile, is pretty similar to Marc Gasol--- a tough, inside bruiser with a little finesse around the rim but don't hold out hope that a shot will fall if it's outside five feet.

Fran is more of a PF/C, while Gortat is a C/PF. Fran would offer actual versatility at the four, while Gortat would be Dwight's main sub.
I didn't mean replace as in replace the skillsets. I meant as in replacing the roster spot with a post player.

Side note: I don't see Gortat as a bruiser. He's a pretty good player, but he's not out there knockin' heads and taking no prisoners with brute force.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Brandon Bass playing with some heart
I really like Brandon Bass. He's an unsung player, but I'd love him on the Magic. He's also an UFA right?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

If Cuban lets Bass walk, I'll punch him in the heart.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver -10.5 = $$$$$$$$$$
Old 05-14-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

If I'm remembering things right, the Bulls have a lottery pick once again via trade from OKC for Sefalaso or however you spell it.

If they can land a top 3 pick, they could be real dangerous next year.

On a side note, why the **** would OKC give up a 2nd lottery pick for Thabo turdfalaso? Seems really dumb to me.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Well most of it was the fact that D and MOTH never shut up about the Magic until the prophet Burns began posting in this thread.
I'm really feeling that.

I think I might have someone make a sig that says "The Prophet" with a pic of me looking fly-ay-ay-uh-uh-ay-ayyy doin it real Christian Troy style.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They had multiple picks. They gave up a non-lottery pick.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
They had multiple picks. They gave up a non-lottery pick.
Ha for real?

My friend is a die hard Bulls fan, I can't believe he botched that.

He told me that OKC had 2 lotto picks and they gave one to the Bulls...
Old 05-14-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't mean replace as in replace the skillsets. I meant as in replacing the roster spot with a post player.
Well, jeez. In that case, just get rid of Foyle or Battie. It's not like either of them are logging a lot of minutes.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Side note: I don't see Gortat as a bruiser. He's a pretty good player, but he's not out there knockin' heads and taking no prisoners with brute force.
Gortat is a finesse big man for sure. He's solid, though. On defense, he plays tough but, he tries to draw too many chargers. I mean come on, you're a big man. He doesnt flop but, he lets PGs run through him, in hope of getting a call. Just swat that junk. But still, he has proven to be much better than anyone thought he would have been.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-14-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Ha for real?

My friend is a die hard Bulls fan, I can't believe he botched that.

He told me that OKC had 2 lotto picks and they gave one to the Bulls...
no...it was like a lottery protected pick from the suns I think. Just goin off the top of my head. OKC has their original lotto pick.

EDIT: Also, Thabo played VERY well for oklahoma towards the end of the season. He is a good defender, and that is what they were looking for. They already had scorers.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The Thabo trade was actually a very good one for the Thunder. I just hope they dont replace him in the starting lineup. Harden would look good in a Thunder uniform, though. Thabo could be real good for them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-14-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really like Brandon Bass. He's an unsung player, but I'd love him on the Magic. He's also an UFA right?
If we let him go we may as well not even show up next year, we need alot more guys like Bass, unfortunately he's been the only type of player like this for sometime now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote