Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-13-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Taylor agrees with Dolphins on one-year deal

Apparently Jason Taylor has signed a one-year, $1.1 million deal with the Dolphins:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4164099

This isn't good news for the Patriots. I was really hoping they'd get him. He owns Matt Light, too.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard the talking heads announcing this. Oh well. Bring on Crable!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crable for DMVP!!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would've liked adding Taylor, but the more I see us pass up on these DE/LB's (whether they be in the draft or veterans) the more I get excited about our young guys. BB must really think Woods, Crable, and Redd have made strides and if they have then we will be in good shape.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
Crable for DMVP!!

*crosses fingers*

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I would've liked adding Taylor, but the more I see us pass up on these DE/LB's (whether they be in the draft or veterans) the more I get excited about our young guys. BB must really think Woods, Crable, and Redd have made strides and if they have then we will be in good shape.
Thats a good point. BB and co. obviously see something in these young guys...here's hoping that they are right
Old 05-13-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They didn't really pass on Taylor, Taylor passed on them. He "took less" to go back to Miami.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
They didn't really pass on Taylor, Taylor passed on them. He "took less" to go back to Miami.
We did pass on quite a few OLB/DE in the draft though
Old 05-13-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
starwitness
Rookie

starwitness hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No worry guys. The Pats will still score enough to points to win the division anyway. The Pats-Miami games are going to be VERY interesting though.

BTW, did you guys draft that QB/WR dude to play, or to help scout the wildcat?? Thax.
starwitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Yeah I hear you but what I'm trying to say is we've had plenty of chances to add great talent to the position whether it be in the draft or with veterans.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was never really that interested in Taylor to be honest. He's 35 years old and I'm not so sure he has the ability he once had, and I'm even less sure he has the desire he once had to play the game.

Personally I'd rather give up the two first round picks it would take to sign Terrell Suggs away from Baltimore. He's a much better all around player and is only 26 years old.

As far as what we have on the roster, it may be my bias as a Michigan fan talking but I think Crable can be a good one. I'm just not so sure it will be this year, especially after missing a whole season.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I hear you but what I'm trying to say is we've had plenty of chances to add great talent to the position whether it be in the draft or with veterans.
I think they're holding out for Peppers and/or just being happy with what they've got. Taylor was never an option for them, imo. He was going to Tampa, but the Bucs flubbed their off-season. So the Dolphins got back in the mix, and that was an obvious choice.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote